Hamilton Bulldogs 2015-16 Season Thread (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
Until we gave up those two quick goals we were going neck and neck with the Rangers

The Bulldogs would be doing well if it wasn't for that silly rule that goals in the first and third periods counted...:laugh:

The Dogs certainly had some glorious chances through the first half of the third to take the lead that could have changed things around...

maldo

Feb 21, 2012
The Bulldogs would be doing well if it wasn't for that silly rule that goals in the first and third periods counted...:laugh:

The Dogs certainly had some glorious chances through the first half of the third to take the lead that could have changed things around...

As soon as Strome gets his skating in order he is going to be a real force.Forget this "earning your playing time". let these kids play through their mistakes.Theres some real potential talent starting to develop.Watch the last 10 or 12 games of the year...this team could prove to be a real spoiler as they begin to gel if not come very close to nailing that 8th. spot themselves.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
If it just me or did it seem like they played better in the 1st half last night then when we had the overagers... I mean yea our youngsters still need to develop but the will det better

from1981

Jan 7, 2015
We need to either a) change our power play units as they are horrible or b) hire a coach that's good with power plays because it's starting to look horrible

I feel your pain. Bulls fans (even the ever optimistic season ticket holders like myself), went through the same thing year after year after year after year.
Don't bet on option "b)" either.
If there are more trades for the Bulldogs, look for Burnett to trade for someone who already knows how to score (Graovac, Quine, J. Cramarossa, etc.) and give up on some of his current draftees.
Hope I'm wrong, for your sake, but there's history on my side.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
I feel your pain. Bulls fans (even the ever optimistic season ticket holders like myself), went through the same thing year after year after year after year.
Don't bet on option "b)" either.
If there are more trades for the Bulldogs, look for Burnett to trade for someone who already knows how to score (Graovac, Quine, J. Cramarossa, etc.) and give up on some of his current draftees.
Hope I'm wrong, for your sake, but there's history on my side.

If he was going to trade one of the yougn players hopefully its not one of Strome, Enty or webb... but they want to go younger and i guess they figure they wont make the playoffs specially after last night not sure that new goalie is the answer i mean yah it was only 1 game but that was peterborough last night whos to say the top team in the west wont beat us games like that

from1981

Jan 7, 2015
Well, anything can happen, but looking at the remaining 28(?) games, I only see about 5 that I'd expect Hamilton to have a good chance of winning with their current lineup. That would put them close to the worst season ever (as Bulls and with Burnett as coach).
As for trades, who else on the team but the aforementioned young guys would be decent trade bait, and who would be the traders ?

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
being first time STH trying to understand this cards thing...

so my understanding is that you can only sign 3 prospects out of each draft class example strome, webb and enty, and people like Mendonca and Gordeev and ceci are on Jr B cards which they can only play x amount of games during the OHL season for the OHL squad. so how many jr B cards does 1 OHL team get a season and how many games can those cards play in 1 season?

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
Well, anything can happen, but looking at the remaining 28(?) games, I only see about 5 that I'd expect Hamilton to have a good chance of winning with their current lineup. That would put them close to the worst season ever (as Bulls and with Burnett as coach).
As for trades, who else on the team but the aforementioned young guys would be decent trade bait, and who would be the traders ?

The wins and losses are not so important once you commit to a rebuild like this. What is important though is how you develop your young assets.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
I didn't get a chance to watch last night game but I thought Friday's we did very well until the 3rd period.. Hopefully our players continue to develop into next weekend

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
I didn't get a chance to watch last night game but I thought Friday's we did very well until the 3rd period.. Hopefully our players continue to develop into next weekend

Strome is being played consistently on the top line, the others are mired on the 4th line or the press box. Seems odd at this stage of the season.:huh:

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Strome is being played consistently on the top line, the others are mired on the 4th line or the press box. Seems odd at this stage of the season.:huh:

With Burnett as coach th will see strome, petti, fox, luff and siegeon the top 5 out of 6... With cramarossa as the other top 6.. As long as those ppl are here you won't see enty in top 6 only maybe top 9

inthehammer

Jul 20, 2005
Hamilton
Over-agers for next year are looking like Petti, Cramarossa and Morris. Petti is the team's best player now, he stays next year. IMO the depth chart for next season doesn't include Cramarossa or Morris, at least not after December.

Does anyone see Burnett moving either player before the deadline tomorrow? Give the ice time to help develop the guys we have who will be here long term should be the plan.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Over-agers for next year are looking like Petti, Cramarossa and Morris. Petti is the team's best player now, he stays next year. IMO the depth chart for next season doesn't include Cramarossa or Morris, at least not after December.

Does anyone see Burnett moving either player before the deadline tomorrow? Give the ice time to help develop the guys we have who will be here long term should be the plan.

How has Cramarossa been playing this year?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
being first time STH trying to understand this cards thing...

so my understanding is that you can only sign 3 prospects out of each draft class example strome, webb and enty, and people like Mendonca and Gordeev and ceci are on Jr B cards which they can only play x amount of games during the OHL season for the OHL squad. so how many jr B cards does 1 OHL team get a season and how many games can those cards play in 1 season?

You are correct I believe, you can sign 3 rookies to A cards. ( unless it's 4-any1?) And I believe your 1st and 2nd rd are two options plus any 1 or 2 others ( depending on my first ? - 3or 4 total)
Teams get 30 Cards for a season.
"B" cards allot a team to play kids up to 10 games ( but if they dress while replacing a player at NHL camp or WJC- it doesn't count toward the 10)

As well once a B carded players regular team is finished it's season they can play unlimited.

Clear as mud? Sorry for thecpoor explanation, but it's close

jdan1997

Aug 22, 2012
How has Cramarossa been playing this year?

In my opinion, Cramarossa has been leagues ahead of Niki Petti this season, until recently.

He's just under a point per game and he consistently makes the players around him look better, no matter who he's paired with.

Niki Petti was not impressing me whatsoever but he really turned up the heat in the past few weeks. Im loving his game right now, so I hope he keeps it up.

As for Cramarossa's future, I've always felt that George undervalued him and after spending most of his first three seasons on the bench, I'm surprised he's still here. I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved next year to help the future, but I don't see it happening before the deadline.

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
Where would you recommend getting tickets for Saturday's game vs Sarnia? Anyone have any suggestions other than Ticketmaster...

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
In my opinion, Cramarossa has been leagues ahead of Niki Petti this season, until recently.

He's just under a point per game and he consistently makes the players around him look better, no matter who he's paired with.

Niki Petti was not impressing me whatsoever but he really turned up the heat in the past few weeks. Im loving his game right now, so I hope he keeps it up.

As for Cramarossa's future, I've always felt that George undervalued him and after spending most of his first three seasons on the bench, I'm surprised he's still here. I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved next year to help the future, but I don't see it happening before the deadline.
Nick Petti was a star in the game here in Kitchener. Good player.

inthehammer

Jul 20, 2005
Hamilton
Where would you recommend getting tickets for Saturday's game vs Sarnia? Anyone have any suggestions other than Ticketmaster...

Fortinos (Loblaws subsidiary) sells $14 tickets behind the goal line. There is one right off the highway at the Main St. overpass, which is about a 3 minute drive from the arena.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
According to twitter Fulcher is making his Bulldogs debut and just his 4th OHL game played.

Judging by the score, I think he just proved that we are going to need to make a trade for a tender next season, unless Hicks improves by leaps and bounds with the rest of the season to go. That said, I didn't watch the game, so I can't put too much stock in that right now. I say give them both till the end of the season and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad