Hamilton Bulldogs 2015-16 Season Thread (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

from1981

Jan 7, 2015
You may be surprised. Obviously, the Bulls people will stand out more but some Bulldogs fans did make the trip to Ottawa last night and are going to Kingston.

Overall, we will continue going. Win or lose, we still enjoy watching the guys who played in Belleville, plus the guys who joined the team after the move. Luckily we've seen more wins than loses this season at the games we attended, and we saw some incredible wins too.

Actually I was a little surprised at the number of Bulldogs fans attending the game.
Lots of other Quinte area represents also: Girls Bearcats team from Belleville, Stirling Blues players, to name a couple. Many familiar faces from Bulls games, many Bulls jerseys evident.

For us it was a painful game to watch....too many passengers and not enough players, old familiar weak habits, poor PP, lack of second effort (it's a Burnett team regardless of where he was), against a Fronts team that rested several of their best players, and still outplayed them badly....shots 61-17. It's just one game I know, but some pride in the jersey is needed, and it starts behind the bench.
Some good signs (if Burnett doesn't suck the life out of them next season), including the improved skating of Luff, Fulcher actually gave them a chance to win,
Strome will be good if his skating improves, Entwistle shows a lot of promise and good size, good team spirit on the ice at the end of the game.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Although being out of the playoffs stinks, April 9 is going to be a really exciting day. I guess the word is the Bulldogs are looking at an American with their first pick. If Guelph takes Bode Wilde then I would assume Hamilton is looking at Blade Jenkins or Ty Emberson. However, if Sudbury chooses to take Owen Lalonde at #2 and Flint goes with the Russians from the Toronto Jr. Canadians, then that would leave Ryan Merkley available at #4. I've had the chance to see him play and man is he a terrific player. Great skater, high offensive instincts and is able to control the game from the backend.

jdan1997

Aug 22, 2012
I've heard from two sources that Michael Cramarossa is heavily leaning towards not returning to the OHL next year for his OA season. I don't know the reason or validity of this situation but I know for a fact that both sources know him personally. They've been wrong before, so nothing is solidified but I wanted to know if anyone else had heard the same.

He also made a post on Instagram (looked like a classic OA post after the last game - look at Adam Bignell's) saying "Cheers to juniors" and has a few comments about not returning. So, just thought I would throw the situation out there and see what you guys know.

maldo

Feb 21, 2012
I've heard from two sources that Michael Cramarossa is heavily leaning towards not returning to the OHL next year for his OA season. I don't know the reason or validity of this situation but I know for a fact that both sources know him personally. They've been wrong before, so nothing is solidified but I wanted to know if anyone else had heard the same.

He also made a post on Instagram (looked like a classic OA post after the last game - look at Adam Bignell's) saying "Cheers to juniors" and has a few comments about not returning. So, just thought I would throw the situation out there and see what you guys know.

Would that nullify his free university option if he doesnt play his 5th. year of junior ??

jdan1997

Aug 22, 2012
Would that nullify his free university option if he doesnt play his 5th. year of junior ??

I don't believe so. The contract may have certain terms and quitting the team may mean a lesser scholarship but that isn't a definite either. I would assume he would be leaving to pursue an education though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad