Hamilton Bulldogs 2015-16 Season Thread (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
It's the first game I've managed to watch all the way through this season. I love the fact that the OHL version of the team is on TV more often than the AHL version ever was, but I can't always find the time to do it.

Brutal way to lose after the strong comeback. I also noticed that it was nearly 4000 at the game, for a Wednesday yet. It would seem my theory for why the attendance was so low in the early part of the season was so poor is holding up...

I would say besides our home opener last night was one of the top attendance games this season

from1981

Jan 7, 2015
Christian meritz time in Hamilton is over as Guelph Storm has claimed him off waivers this morning

Trying to read between the lines here. Does that mean: A- the Bulldogs are solid enough on D to put him on waivers ; B- One of the injured Bulldogs D's return is imminent; C-He had no trade value; D- George still doesn't like import players; E-George is making roster room for a NA player yet to be acquired ?? (I could probably add several more questions)

Good to see decent attendance figures from last night.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Trying to read between the lines here. Does that mean: A- the Bulldogs are solid enough on D to put him on waivers ; B- One of the injured Bulldogs D's return is imminent; C-He had no trade value; D- George still doesn't like import players; E-George is making roster room for a NA player yet to be acquired ?? (I could probably add several more questions)

Good to see decent attendance figures from last night.

I'm still thinking it's got to do with Burnett..

And as for attendance, a lot of those fans were IceDogs fans who drove down the QEW.. so attendance was about as expected. Now if they could draw this against non-rival teams.. and there's still questions how fans will feel about a rebuild. They're up to 13th in the OHL right now--they'll likely finish around there, give or take one spot. Let's just hope the fans understand why Harper and soon Graham were dealt..

Firewagon

Jan 26, 2006
I know the Bulldogs have too many D, but I can't imagine them waiving Mieritz unless they need an import spot to complete another deal.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Sounds like it was more of a case where Mieritz wanted out, which I can understand. He got little playing time since coming over. George has a reputation of not utilizing his imports very mich and either minimizing their minutes or scratching them. Guelph can probably offer the playing time and opportunities Mieritz needs.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
A Graham for Fulcher swap seems ridiculously lopsided in Sarnia's favour. Surely Graham is worth some picks as well, no?

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
17-year old goalie Kaden Fulcher to the Dogs for Charlie Graham. He or Hicks will likely go the rest of the way in net.. no way the Sting were giving up Fazio anyway, as Sarnia is trying to win a championship now, with relocation potentially looming in a few years (the team nearly relocated last year due to significant financial losses, and no guarantee the current ownership will stay in Sarnia long term.)

from1981

Jan 7, 2015
Graham to the Sarnia Sting--waiting on the return.

"98-born goaltender, Kaden Fulcher".....from Sarnia website.
Charlie G. heading west. Good luck, you were my wife's favourite.

Sting have just acquired scoring and goaltending depth.

Mayday3*

A Graham for Fulcher swap seems ridiculously lopsided in Sarnia's favour. Surely Graham is worth some picks as well, no?

both teams are getting what they want. Sarnia needs a goalie now, Hamilton needs one for the future because they wont be winning now anyways

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
What can we expect from Graham? Is he a solid #1 tender that can steal some games?
Definitely. He is a solid goalie who can often be relied upon and steal some games. He's done it numerous times in Hamilton and Belleville. The odd time he can have an off-night (like any goaltender) but overall he's very reliable.

Graham also enjoys playing the puck and isn't afraid to leave the net to play the puck. Thankfully this year he has been more conservative and careful in that regard so I dont worry as much.

You've got a good goaltender coming to Sarnia. Hopefully they treat him and Fazio like a goaltending tandem rather than declaring a #1 and backup.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
I can see why Burnett got rid of Miertz...

You have Gleason, Walters. candella, Webb, Saban. Kachyna. Lemcke, Morris and Miertz..

Candella is out with a broken hand, webb just became healthy back in the line up, Lemcke is out for i would say hopefully another month

Thats 9 D right there and Hanley.. Miertz now gone thats down to 9 defenseman and 2 out currently which gives us 7 healthy Dman.. I like how Ondrej Kachyna has really developed which is why he got rid of Miertz instead of Kachyna. Out of the 7 healthy dman i think Hanley will be the one in Burnetts dog house i think all of the other dman are more developed them him but that is just my opinion.

As far as forwards go I'm looking forward to seeing what the 17 yr old can do for us that we picked up from Icedogs. Being a 1st round pick 2 yrs ago Brandon Saigeon just is not putting up the numbers that a 2nd yr player who was in the top 4 in 2014 should have put up. In 97 career OHL games so far he had 10g 24a for 34pts and 67 PIM to go along with a -35 and of that -35 23 of that is from this year.

Another forward who is in the 98 group who has not even came close to developing is Mitch Mendonca. In 1 and half season he has only played 19 games and only has 2 pts in those 19 games.

I'm assuming that we will be keeping Mason Marchment for the rest of the season as he has been a ppg type player and with Harper gone he proved himself the other night trying to help put goals in the net. I believe we will see more of Fox and Petti, Luff and 1st year forwards Strome and Entwistle. Laishram has only put up 13 ptsd this year and a -15 i like his shutdown forward kind of player and his penalty kill. To me I am not sold on Cramarossa as a forward yet that we can count on for scoring kind of thing.

He is a ppg this season and ya he had 41pts in 65 games last season, however in 13-14 he only had 17 pts in 66 games and in his rookie year he only had 2 in 45 games.

As far as goaltending goes Connor Hicks is 3-7-0 4.57 GAA and .862 Sv %, people will say yah well this team is rebuilding, I'm def not depending on him to win us game in the future and hope after what we have seen from Hicks this year and what he had last year with 4-13-2 3.91 GAA .894 Sv % last season, I hope Kaden Fulcher can come here and prove that he is the starter. He has only played 3 games for Sarnia this year but seems like in those 3 games he has proven himself better with 2-0-1 3.30 GAA and .890 Sv %..

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
http://www.900chml.com/scottradley/

If you listen to the clip of 'The Hamilton Bulldogs have been busy in the trade market"

Scott Radley or his guest said that if they develop properly they can be the london knights as they have the Money that London has... what does that mean have the money... because Andlauder has more money then most owners?

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Just listening to the Scott Radley podcast from Tuesday and Burnett says Candella is a possible to return for this weekend and Hanley not sure what happen to him is still a few weeks away... and he said its not sure if Lemcke will return this season.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Mid-Season Prospect Update:

Not sure if any of these prospects are left on the reserve as there are currently 24 players out of 50 on our main roster 15 players from our 2015 draft class that arent on our main squad and 9 from our 2014 draft class that arent on our main squad that makes up 48 of our possible 50 players reserve lists and that's after the sarnia/Niagara trades and Guelph claim.

2015 Draft Class
3rd rounder - Fedor Gordeev - 30GP 3G 11A 14PTS 26 PIM 0 PP 5 PPA 0 SHG 1 SHA 0 GWG (Ancaster Jr B - GOJHL)
4 GP 0 G 2A 2PTS -1 0 PIM 0 PPG 0 SHG (Hamilton OHL)

4th round pick - Noah Lugli - 26GP 1G 8A 9PTS 53PIM 0 PPG 1 PPA 0 SHG 0 SHA 0 GWG (St. Andrews College Prep School)

4th round pick - Zach Jackson - 14GP 4G 4A 8PTS 4 PIM 1 PP 0 PPA 0SHG 0 SHA 2 GWG (Ancaster Jr B GOJHL)

5th round pick - Nick Donofrio - 5gp 4.00 GAA .887 Sv % (Team Orange USA-S16) couldnt find any other stats for a Team Orange page

6th round pick - Kris Lalonde - 21gp 4g 4a 8pts 2 PIM 0 PP 0 PPA 0SH 0 SHA 0 GWG (Pembroke CJHL)

7th round pick - Jesse Burger - 26gp 8g 5a 13pts 38 PIM 3PP 0PPA 0SHG 0 SHA 0GWG (Pelham Jr B GOJHL)

7th round pick - Jake Durham - 38GP 5G 9A 14PTS 44 PIM 1PP 0 PPA 0 SHG 0 SHA 1 GWG (Whitby Jr A)

8th round pick - Maddux Rychel - 32GP 3G 7A 10PTS 26 PIM 0PP 2 PPA 0 SH 0 SHA 0 GWG (LASalle GOJHL)

9th round pick - Brandon Scanlin - 33GP 1G 17A 18PTS 22 PIM 1PP 8PPA 0 SH 1SHA 0GWG (Brantford Jr B)

10th round pick - Jack Ricketts - 4GP 0G 1A 1PT 0 PIM 0 PP 0 PPA 0 SH 0 SHA 0 GWG (Oakville Jr A)

11th round pick - Isaac Nurse - 33GP 8G 9A 17PTS 30 PIM 1PP 1 PPA 0SH 0 SHA 1 GWG (Brantford Jr B)

12th round pick - Skyler Brind'Amour - 5gp 0g 0a 0pts 0 PIM (Team White USA-S16) couldnt find any other stats for a Team Orange page

13th round pick - Matthew Wilkins - 1gp 0g 0a 0pts 0 PIM (Newmarket Jr A)

14th round pick - Lucas Vanroboys - 10gp 2g 2a 4pts 4 PIM (Selects Hockey Academy 16U USPHL 16U)

15th round pick - Brett Willits (Nichols School CISAA) Nothing listed on eliteprospects

I know this group is all 16 yr olds but no one is really putting up any numbers but that is honestly sometime hard playing in a Jr A league at 16 yrs old though..

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Having seen many of these players play this year through scouting I can assure you there is plenty of upside in most of these prospects, although none are pure goal scorers/elite offensive guys.

Noah Lugli - Was impressed with the hulking defense. Smart defender, good mobility, sees the ice well, engages physically, gets in the shooting passing lanes effectively. With the Bulldogs back fairly deep and everyone eligible to return it will be tough for him to crack the roster next season but the upside is certainly there.

Nick Donofrio - Intriguing goaltending prospect, battles, tracks the puck well I've only seen him once this year and admittedly my focus wasn't on the young goaltender but he stood out and was hard to miss. Wouldn't shock me to see him bump Connor Hicks next season pairing with Fulcher as the Bulldogs 1/2. Keep an eye out for Cole Ceci who is with Ancaster Jr. B this season he'll push for a spot as well.

Jacob Durham - Bigger Body, Skates well, gets to the gritty areas of the ice, tenacious on the forecheck, works the cycle well, deceptive offensive traits, good anticipation skills and awareness. Playing a very limited role in Whitby, not a fault of his play more so coaching staff playing favorites &/Or Older guys (see them often).

Maddux Rychel - Another Big bodies forward. Skates well for his size but lacks high end speed, takes a few strides to generate top end speed. Better without the puck then he is with it. Complementary winger, creates space for skilled guys with physical play. Works the cycle effective, strong on the half boards and below the goal line. Good hockey sense, net front presence, deceptive good shot and decent puck skills. Rychel is a safe OHL player he should crack the Bulldogs as a 4th liner next season and should move up the lineup as he develops, complementary winger.

Brandon Scanlin - Smooth skater, highly mobile, strong on his edges. Saw him alot last year and early on this year, could make better decisions in possession (would be interested to see if this has improved lately), makes a strong first pass, capable puck carrying defensemen, shows impressive offensive traits, could add a physical element to his game. I liked Scanlin alot in his draft year but he's going to be in very tough to crack the Bulldogs d-core.

Isaac Nurse - Undersized but energetic, tenacious on the forecheck, no quit to his game, gets to the gritty areas, quick release, shows improving offensive traits, needs to play in a top six role to produce offensively but can be an effective checker. Like his speed and work ethic but hes a boarder line OHLer needs to add another element to his game.

I've only seen Zach Jackson once this year so I don't like putting to much stock into one game but he looked solid, think he'll be a guy who makes the Bulldogs next season, looks to have a nose for the net and some versatility to his game. Jesse Berger is playing alot with a bad team, he's the teams best player, gets keyed in on as a 16 year old which makes it tough for him to get going offensively, tough to scout him at times as well but I like his game, could have an impact just don't think it will be a high end impact.

If Skyler Brind'Amour decides to come to the OHL (not likely..at least not with Hamilton) he is hands down the best player of the bunch.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
OHLInsiders(.com) ‏@OHLinsiders 8m8 minutes ago
Hamilton #Bulldogs trade OA Mason Marchment to the Mississauga #Steelheads #OHL #OHLTradeDeadline

Teri from the Hamilton Spec is reporting its for Kutkevicius..

http://mississaugasteelheads.com/article/steelheads-acquire-mason-marchment

The Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Club announced today they have acquired forward Luke Kutkevicius and Kitchener’s 7th round pick in 2016 from Mississauga in exchange for forward Mason Marchment and Erie’s 3rd round selection in 2017.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad