Hall is on Fire!

EnthusiasticYak

Mar 7, 2014
Id say hes 2nd best to Benn only. And that could easily change very soon.

You think he's better than Ovechkin lol?

I'm a huge Hall fan but I'd put him behind Ovi/Benn with a conversation to be had about where he slots in with Nash & Parise; Pacioretty is also trending well and Sedin is still elite. I do think Hall could have been the best LW in the world with RNH as his centre so it's even more fun that it'll actually be McDavid.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

I'm a huge Hall fan but I'd put him behind Ovi/Benn with a conversation to be had about where he slots in with Nash & Parise; Pacioretty is also trending well and Sedin is still elite. I do think Hall could have been the best LW in the world with RNH as his centre so it's even more fun that it'll actually be McDavid.

Ovechkin has been back to RW for a while now.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Stupid 2nd class tournament. Our guys should have stayed home to get ready for next season, you know getting bigger and stronger, also there is the big injury concern. Nothing good can come out of this boring, lousy tournament.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Stupid 2nd class tournament. Our guys should have stayed home to get ready for next season, you know getting bigger and stronger, also there is the big injury concern. Nothing good can come out of this boring, lousy tournament.

Fans making up injury excuses for Hall and Eberle not wanting to go to WHC last year is clear fanboy bias by blind Oiler fans, there is no way they could be injured! Not wanting to go to the tournament when Canada comes calling is clear evidence that they are selfish and self centered players who aren't interested in winning hockey games, and are probable team cancers who should be removed from the organization before they infect the rest of the players in the franchise with their apathy! :sarcasm:

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I am glad to see him scoring alot at the tournament. Hall is a great player. I know one year he was the highest scoring LW in the NHL. I think injuries have hurt Hall. The Oilers don't really have much protection for him, they lack big strong players. Hall is a player that will put himself in danger to get good scoring chances and that has led to injuries on occasion. Still I do respect him for doing this many star players are not willing to make sacrifices like that. Second is we just lack talent it's hard to expect even a real good player to do everything themself they need good puck movers and playmakers setting them up. When we have Connor McDavid doing the playmaking out there you'll see a huge boost in scoring on the line he is on. I hope Hall has the most goals for Team Canada at the end of the tournament. I hope Eberle has many goals and points at games end. That would shut some of the haters up. They'd see the young talent on the Oilers is great, they just need some decent talent around them to set them up better.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
It's pretty far out of context and not even what he actually said.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/the-jason-gregor-show-website/2015+April/Taylor+Hall+-+Apr+24.mp3
If you've got 15 minutes to spare, here's the interview from a couple weeks ago if you want. Pretty honest, lengthy and in depth interview with Hall by Gregor from right after Chiarelli was hired.

It's a good listen if you've got the time. If you just want to hear about the stuff about the World Championships it starts at 5:00. The quote about wanting to prove he's one of the best in the world at his position is at 6:40. And it had nothing to do with the world championships, and had more to do with the disappointment he had with this past season both as a team and individually and wanting to prove himself.

Thanks for this. Getting a little sick of the misquoting and poor interpretation by people who are easily excited and confused.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008

It's good for their development to play with some of the best players in the league. Getting a taste of success and winning a championship will be good for them too. They will definitely learn something in this tournament and be better players for it. NHL playoff experience would be much better, but i guess you have to take what you can get.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012

Ovechkin is a mediocre LWer. He's a better RWer than Eberle though.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Though I'm sure that will just open a can of worms such as "he's only good because of McDavid". :laugh::laugh:

It'll happen and Oil fans will /facepalm. :laugh:

We gotta prepare ourselves for this, because it's going to happen A LOT. Any player that gets a sniff of ice time with McDavid is going to get bombarded with that rationale. Even if Yakupov has a 50 goal season he'll still be labeled a bust because even a turkey sandwich can score 50 with McDavid!

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
We gotta prepare ourselves for this, because it's going to happen A LOT. Any player that gets a sniff of ice time with McDavid is going to get bombarded with that rationale. Even if Yakupov has a 50 goal season he'll still be labeled a bust because even a turkey sandwich can score 50 with McDavid!

I hate this but you're 100% correct.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
It's good for their development to play with some of the best players in the league. Getting a taste of success and winning a championship will be good for them too. They will definitely learn something in this tournament and be better players for it. NHL playoff experience would be much better, but i guess you have to take what you can get.

Hmph, So things have changed 180 degrees since this time last year? :)

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Ovechkin is an absolute monster this year, leading the way as his god-given skill is allowing him to.

If people wonder about coaches just take a look at what Trotz has done for Ovechkin.

edit: Oh yeah Hall is ripping it up - I hope we get Babcock or McLellan, watch out.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So he scored a hatty in a 10-0 game vs Germans ..
and 1G 1A in another blowout vs Czechs.

Good showing but hardly "being on fire". Canada still has 3 elites scoring lines. He is just one of the 9.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Hall-McDavid-Gazdic :sarcasm:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
So he scored a hatty in a 10-0 game vs Germans ..
and 1G 1A in another blowout vs Czechs.

Good showing but hardly "being on fire". Canada still has 3 elites scoring lines. He is just one of the 9.

Top scorer in the tournament so far isn't good enough? What would be?

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I think Hall has tons of motivation now to be the best. It was always Hall's Oilers now we have McDavid coming as the savior (general perception), I think Hall will have something to prove and say about who's team it is.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Jagr and the rest of the Czech team, considering they're the host, are from a second tier hockey country? Really?

When I say second tier I mean below Canada, USA, Sweden, Finland and Russia

It's not a derogatory term, but the Czechs are a step below these 5 IMO

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
When I say second tier I mean below Canada, USA, Sweden, Finland and Russia

It's not a derogatory term, but the Czechs are a step below these 5 IMO

Actually, in terms of hockey participation, medals, etc, the Czechs are considered on par with those countries...as part of the 'big six'.

NugeFan

Jul 5, 2013
To be fair he is on a semi stacked team, crushing second tier hockey countries

This! Everyone needs to calm down. Scored 4 goals against crap competition on a loaded team. I honestly don't get the Hall love affair. Does he put up points? Yes Does he create havoc on the other team's defence? sure

The other side is that he spends half his time on his ass. Guy can't stay on his skates for a so called elite skater. Watch the next time he plays and count how many times he falls down. Is he fast going North to South? Absolutely. How good are his edges and lateral skating? Not very good to be honest. Probably the most awkward skating style I have ever seen for again an "elite" skater. Compare his edges and lateral skating to his linemates Eberle and Duchene. Not even close my friends....and incredibly they stay on their skates while doing it.

Stick handling? I give him a B minus. Not even close to Ebs or Duchene's hands.

Defensive awareness? mmmm getting better I guess.

Shot? another B minus. Maybe fairly hard and gets it off quick. Accuracy? again not even close to Ebs or Duchene.

Attitude? Not going to comment on what he does or doesn't do off the ice. He's still a young man and you can't believe all the BS you hear. That being said I can comment on his on ice temper tantrums...always pouting...terrible sign of poor leadership...brings your team down.

Really not a true elite talent like people want us to believe...but yes he puts up points and is fast (when he's not falling down on his ass or reaching for the puck)
Phil Kessel is fast and puts up points...wouldn't want him on my team.

Just saying my friends. Just saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad