Hall is on Fire!

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I think if Hall can accept the fact that McDavid should be the one doing the majority of the puck carrying, then Hall can compete for the Rocket in a few years. Without a doubt.

Mcdavid feeding a guy with Halls speed should result in numerous tapins and gimmes. Sort of like how pascal dupuis and Chris Kunitz thrived as Crosby's wingers.

However I am not sure that is in Halls DNA. He wants the puck

I think the McDavid pick is going to make Hall 100x better. Nothing against RNH but he is not in the same class of foot speed as Hall, either is Eberle. McDavid is and I expect there to be a million two on ones with Hall-McDavid coming down the ice.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Yakupov is a frustrating player as well, all that skill but he just makes the wrong decisions here and there. Its mostly a product of being young though. Thats why Roy has improved him so much, its not Roy's skill level doing it, its Roy communicating with him and letting him know what to do and when to do it.

The time that I remember the clearest when Hall yelled at Yak was when they were on a PP and Yak took a VERY low percentage shot when they were set up and it led to a stoppage in play. It was a very selfish play and Edmonton was losing at the time.
I think a little fire under their butts is a good thing. You don't want your team to succumb to losing every night and not caring about it.

Absolutely, on both counts. I want more fire from our team, not less.

Communication is a big part of why Eakins was so awful with him too I imagine. I love Yakupov, but he seems to need a lot of clear, simple guidance and you can just imagine Eakins droning on about how Yakupov could improve his corsi if he'd just turn right three times at the blue line and the go hard left but only if he's within 2.25 ft of the boards...

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I don't think it's elite at all, you can't have an elite shot and not score more than 27 goals. Elite is a very sacred word, I don't think it should be thrown around so easy

Well, that's why I said he needs to have more confidence in it. He's got a damn good shot, but it's kind of wild, and that's why he needs to fine tune it. You don't think Hall can break 27 goals? I think he absolutely can, and I'd say it's a pretty good bet that he will.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Well, that's why I said he needs to have more confidence in it. He's got a damn good shot, but it's kind of wild, and that's why he needs to fine tune it. You don't think Hall can break 27 goals? I think he absolutely can, and I'd say it's a pretty good bet that he will.

If Hall worked on his breakaways (and stopped going five hole every damn time) he would already be a 30 goal scorer every year.

Connor Mcdavey*

yeah true, I'd like to see him load his weight on the stick and utilize the flex point instead of drag the puck to generate power. If he plays with McDavid I could bet my house that he is going to be getting more than 30 goals. It's not going to be a whole bunch of sniping between the hashmarks though, I see alot of two on ones and easy tap ins. Which there is nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't require an elite shot to score those goals - just good positioning and foot speed.

All I was trying to say is when you think of elite shots, I'm thinking Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kovalchuk, and maybe Seguin. I don't think Hall's shot is up there yet

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I think the McDavid pick is going to make Hall 100x better. Nothing against RNH but he is not in the same class of foot speed as Hall, either is Eberle. McDavid is and I expect there to be a million two on ones with Hall-McDavid coming down the ice.

Sure love your hyperbole, don't ya?

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
i think the mcdavid pick is going to make hall 100x better. Nothing against rnh but he is not in the same class of foot speed as hall, either is eberle. Mcdavid is and i expect there to be a million two on ones with hall-mcdavid coming down the ice.

x 200,000

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
I hope the Oilers have the best ice in the world again in the new rink, might give us some home ice advantage.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008

Can also see McDavid igniting Hall's competitive fire.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Huge Hall fan. He is obviously playing very well. Much more good than bad but I am surprised no one has mentioned how he was benched for the end of the game to protect the lead.

He has been very shaky in his own zone. On the fourth goal against Sweden looked completely lost.

Hall still needs to work on his 200 foot game a lot.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
Huge Hall fan. He is obviously playing very well. Much more good than bad but I am surprised no one has mentioned how he was benched for the end of the game to protect the lead.

He has been very shaky in his own zone. On the fourth goal against Sweden looked completely lost.

Hall still needs to work on his 200 foot game a lot.

Does he? Or should we maybe accept his strengths, and, as McLellan did, guard him against his weaknesses?

Some players don't get good defensively for 5-6(or more) years in the league.

I remember Sakic was crap without the puck before 97/98. That didn't hurt him or his career....

TimeForAnOilChange

From OTTERS 2 OILERS
May 4, 2010
Made by MacTambLowe
This entire page is semantics.

Hall and Ebs are lighting it up at the WHC and more importantly, look to be having a great time. So many positives around this club right now. What a complete 180 from six months ago.

yup, 6 months ago, i was singing this song (and have been every year for 4 years running now)....

....and now, i might actually have to watch a few games again next season.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Does he? Or should we maybe accept his strengths, and, as McLellan did, guard him against his weaknesses?

Some players don't get good defensively for 5-6(or more) years in the league.

I remember Sakic was crap without the puck before 97/98. That didn't hurt him or his career....

Oh he still needs to be played, and like you say protected, but he has been in the league for 5 years already. He needs to figure it out sooner rather than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad