LeBrun: Hall and the Sabres have mutual interest in an extension

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
The Pegulas don't seem smart with their money making decision.

If I was Hall, I'd go max dollars and term.

When Hall says he wants to go to a contender. He wasn't talking about cup contenders. He's talking about who's able to pay him. The part about winning is his bank account.

giphy.gif

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
What was he supposed to say?

If he said the truth (e. g. he wants to get a fat, long-term deal doesn't really matter where), he would get criticized.

Yeah, no pro athlete can just come out and say that he just wants a big paycheck and play for a team where there's no real pressure to win. Not going to happen.

Reactions: hidek91

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Imo Hall is in for a rude awakening come this off season. Money is hard to come by for teams, and he is having another down year. Has he ever been on a winner? Anyway I see him getting less next off season, and likely on another short term deal.
There is a huge amount of cash entering the league though: Seattle. Imo that's where Hall is targeting. If Buffalo turns their season around he could stay there, but otherwise he just wants them around to help him maximize his negotiated contract.

But if Seattle low balls him too I could see him signing in Buffalo. I know winning is important but there is a limit to how much you should be expected to leave on the table. I'm on Hall's side on that

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
How many times have we heard...... ""I love it here, i want to sign here." It's just intentional bullcrap so as not to be traded. Which makes it even worse because he doesn't want to win on a contender.

Biggest pile of lying bull pucks was from Corson....who signed with the Leafs.

To me, Hall is turning toxic....

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
When the announced Hall signed with the Sabres I was pretty excited. I was more excited for this Sabres season than any in awhile. Right now I really don't care what happens with Hall. I really don't see how it's gonna make a difference either way. They Sabres will suck with him or without him.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
The Pegulas don't seem smart with their money making decision.

If I was Hall, I'd go max dollars and term.

When Hall says he wants to go to a contender. He wasn't talking about cup contenders. He's talking about who's able to pay him. The part about winning is his bank account.

giphy.gif
Looks at the Bills, ya not a Pegula problem.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Sabres will regret this so bad

I don't see many teams willing to give him a huge contract anymore besides Sabres

the Chad Kilger

Apr 30, 2020
He was traded to buffalo from Washington as part of a deal for Halak right after Miller was sent to St Louis.

Halak+3rd for him and neuvirth

Klesla never reported post trade and went to Europe.

the GM in Washington at the time is now Vegas GM so the make up to this was in the ED in terms of what he took from buffalo.
should have held out for Ryder and a 2nd

Reactions: Greg Schuler

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I think hall is still a great player but my god Buffalo needs to gut their roster to dump Skinner.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Why tank for 1st overalls when you can just sign Hall ? Joking aside, this makes no sense from either side. Wonder what the cost would be. If Buffalo can get him for cheaper I get it, but if he wants the same kind of money he's getting now, they should pass.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
wth Sabres? You've already done the KO and Skinner deals, and now you want to do another? This is getting to be perverted, and not in a naughty, exciting way.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don’t buy it. Hall’s camp is going to use Buffalo as leverage though. Unless he truly just wants to get paid and never contend.
Not to mention Eichel wants out.......so, just don't see this happening at all.
Insiders like Lebrun and Dreger seem to like hearing themselves talk these days...neither seem to be making any sense.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Oh yeah? That's news to me. Where was this stated?
The Rangers inquired hoping to school our rookie GM just like Armstrong did. Part of O'Reilly being available is said to have been that the Sabres would officially become Eichel's team, with him as captain. But now Eichel is magically being made available for pennies on the dollar by the same ownership group that bent over backwards for him from the start.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad