LeBrun: Hall and the Sabres have mutual interest in an extension

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
I guess he never wants to win a cup
So the sabres do have some talent now, ie Dahlin, Cozens , Eichel, Ristolanin, Jokihariu, Reinhardt, and historically Skinner is a scorer(not sure what is up this year but skinner has produced including 40 goals in his first year in Buffalo) and with hall 8 pretty talented players. Buffalo is not the worst spot to land.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I heard from my sister twice removed brother inlaws next door neighbors kids brother that he will sigh in Edmonton this coming season
It’s funny... my sister’s close friend’s grandma’s boyfriend’s great-grandson’s best friend’s neighbour’s dog, Jean-Paul, recently barked at a screen cap of Hall and wagged his tail when the announcers started talking about Montreal. That dog has premonitions. He predicted a lot of Stanley Cup winners, I swear!

But yeah, I don’t get why he would want to extend with Buffalo unless he’s cool with never winning a Cup (unless they do some major changes). I mean Buffalo’s not a bad place to live at all. It’s a 2 hour drive from everyone’s favourite Destiny USA (which I so dearly miss visiting) and oh-so close to Niagara Falls, where Jim and Pam got married.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Perfect fit for Hall

Get a Jeff Skinner contract and all he's got to do from that point is get to the rink for each game and that's about it

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Clipboard01.jpg

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Isn't his gf from NY? He is probably comfortable

nope. He and his GF bought a house in toronto. (She’s from like Kingston days I think?).

the house is near the leafs practice rink.

unless the situation changed quick. He did an interview in the athletic where just bough his house

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
nope. He and his GF bought a house in toronto. (She’s from like Kingston days I think?).

the house is near the leafs practice rink.

unless the situation changed quick. He did an interview in the athletic where just bough his house

He bought a house in Rosedale here in Toronto from what I remember. Maybe he likes the commute to Buffalo in normal times? I always thought he was interested in doing a cheapo short term deal with the Leafs based on where he settled and his Raptors fandom.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Sabres need to hire Bruce Boudreau or Gerard Gallant to salvage this season before they worry about re-signing Hall.

Also, didn't Hall's agent put out statements like this while he was in Arizona? I don't think it means much

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think the Sabres know that if they can't keep Hall, it's never going to work with the current core. If i was one of those core guys, my belief in this team is out of the window because Hall coming in for a season, team still sucking and then losing him right away takes any credibility from the Sabres being a team that's "about to turn a corner". I'd jump ship first chance i get.

But if they can keep him, at least they have another high-profile player that everyone can look at and say this team has some solid pieces for a turnaround if they can just figure it out.

To me this is a huge deal, franchise altering really. I don't know if the Sabres can ever start winning with the current core, but at least they'll keep on trying instead of blowing it up.

I don't think Buffalo wants to rebuild, and considering their history with UFA's, i think they're willing to pony up some serious cash. Probably more money than Hall is able to get anywhere else, especially after what he learned last summer of what's out there.

Basically "i want to go to a winning team" is changing to "damn, that's a lot of money" :laugh:

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
So many people reading the Buffalo situation so wrong.
There is talent there, proven talent. The issue isn't a majority of the players, it's the management and coaching staffs, including this most recent duo of Adams and Krueger that is the problem.

All I ask is you stop and ponder this for a moment, Botterill gets the axe, Adams is elevated to GM, Krueger stays. Now you have a pandemic, the entire league is trying to get some semblance of a season together, many fears, many restrictions. Then, when the season is green lighted to go, you only get 15 days or so to put it together, then, your team is hit by a wave of covid, from another team no less, where players actually voiced concern prior to the event.

The Sabres were trying to right the ship. Yes, Skinner and Okposo are 15 million of bad contracts. They're real value is most likely 6.5 and 2.5/3 respectively. There's nothing that can be done this second to change that, what's done is done, all that can be done now is try to get Skinner liberates that maximize his abilities. Okposo, unfortunately, is to slow for the game. The Sabres will have to ride that one out.

Hall, may be a decent 3 year signing, if the price is right.

Remember this, the Sabres organization has faced a great deal of adversity, some of it self inflicted, some of it beyond their control. But if they are going to have any progress at all, they need to change the coaching and management staff.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'd honestly forgotten he was ever there.

He was traded to buffalo from Washington as part of a deal for Halak right after Miller was sent to St Louis.

Halak+3rd for him and neuvirth

Klesla never reported post trade and went to Europe.

the GM in Washington at the time is now Vegas GM so the make up to this was in the ED in terms of what he took from buffalo.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Hall likes Krueger and wants to probably stay in the east.

whay I’ve seen from him doesn’t warrant resigning him.
The GM might fire the coach in the off-season.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Neutral fan here, you guys have to understand that with Eichel and Dhalin in that core, the Buffalo Sabres do have the potential to be a good team in the future. I wouldn't want to just think they are bottom feeders for a long time. Potential is there, the peaces are there. If Hall wants to stay for whatever reason, even if it's money related, that's up to him, and if Buffalo is ok with it, it's all good. Right now the legit contenders, lets say he does want to go on a contending team, those teams might not even have the cap room, at the same time, Taylor hall might be looking out for his own best interest in terms of money, and take the risk that Buffalo itself will be a contender and who knows. Maybe he's established a friendly connection with members of the Sabres roster?

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad