LeBrun: Hall and the Sabres have mutual interest in an extension

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Pretty sure when he was signed it was mentioned that there is a possibility of an extension. Doesn't seem like there is anything new here to be honest.

Hall had some interesting comments not that long ago about wanted to be wanted as well as wanting to win. Sure Buffalo can offer one, but can they offer both?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Pretty sure when he was signed it was mentioned that there is a possibility of an extension. Doesn't seem like there is anything new here to be honest.

Hall had some interesting comments not that long ago about wanted to be wanted as well as wanting to win. Sure Buffalo can offer one, but can they offer both?
They definitely aren't showing the latter this season.

Hall's traded to a contender by deadline, Buffalo gets free assets.

or

Buffalo keeps him. Buffalo gets #1 pick, Hall's record for being on the lotto winning team likely going to go unbeaten for a while.

Reactions: Flan the incredible

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
They definitely aren't showing the latter this season.

Hall's traded to a contender by deadline, Buffalo gets free assets.

or

Buffalo keeps him. Buffalo gets #1 pick, Hall's record for being on the lotto winning team likely going to go unbeaten for a while.
They should keep him just for that pick

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
He bet on a year with Eichel pumping his tires and hitting the jackpot but between a struggling season and flat cap he’s going to be in tough to find a match with a contender. Kinda like dating a meh girl til something better comes along and then realizing you’re only meh yourself and deciding to get hitched.

I understand all that and I think that is what he did as well. However, the point still remains. When he was traded from New Jersey to Arizona he was interviewed and he talked about how excited he was to go to a team trying for the playoffs. They asked him about his pending UFA status and re-signing in Arizona.

He flat out told them he did not care about the money because he had made plenty of it already in his career. He said exactly what I quoted in my original post that "I dont care about the money, I just want to play somewhere that I can win." The fact that the Avalanche offered 3 years for $6 mil and the Sabres offered 1 year for $8 mil shows that interview was a lie. If he really didnt care about the money, he should not care about "hitting the jackpot."

I don't really care if he wants the money or wants to win, he has every right to do whatever he wants. Date the hot, crazy girl or date the cute, shy girl. Just be honest about what you want.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I understand all that and I think that is what he did as well. However, the point still remains. When he was traded from New Jersey to Arizona he was interviewed and he talked about how excited he was to go to a team trying for the playoffs. They asked him about his pending UFA status and re-signing in Arizona.

He flat out told them he did not care about the money because he had made plenty of it already in his career. He said exactly what I quoted in my original post that "I dont care about the money, I just want to play somewhere that I can win." The fact that the Avalanche offered 3 years for $6 mil and the Sabres offered 1 year for $8 mil shows that interview was a lie. If he really didnt care about the money, he should not care about "hitting the jackpot."

I don't really care if he wants the money or wants to win, he has every right to do whatever he wants. Date the hot, crazy girl or date the cute, shy girl. Just be honest about what you want.
Who reported that the Avs offered Hall 3 for $6 per? I am curious since this gets discussed on the Devils sub and I am constantly showing Friedmans report. Friedman reported this:

"Hall had a lot of teams saying, “Once we move this, we can pay you this,” even on a one-year deal. I think he was intrigued by Boston and Vegas, but neither could commit without moving money. (I’m not convinced Colorado even got that far.) With cash so tight, who knows how long it would have taken? Even then, many of the offers were around $3 million less than Buffalo’s offer. (It’s possible the Bruins were closer, willing to stretch for Hall, but that’s unconfirmed.)
It’s a lot to leave on the table, especially in a year where at least 28 per cent of your salary is to be withheld. Columbus had a longer-term offer, but I don’t know how high the number went. Hall wanted to know where he was playing. He didn’t want to sit and wait. The Sabres were in and committed, with a coach he likes and the best centre he’s ever played with. It’s bold. The NHL needs that."

31 Thoughts: Inside the tough, tense early days of NHL free agency - Sportsnet.ca

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

It’s 2021! Date both!!

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
4yqzeh.jpg

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Just thankful the Devils dealt him when they did...Buffalo needs to keep Eichel happy bad position to be in...especially if it means inking Hall.

Mtler in Toronto

Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
This is how you fix Buffalo without keeping Hall:

Trade Taylor Hall to Boston for Jaro Halak.

Then trade Reider , Halak and a 2nd for whatever they freakin want.....

Reactions: Tritsche

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad