LeBrun: Hall and the Sabres have mutual interest in an extension

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
I don't know why anyone would invest a lot of money in Hall, he's just not that good. I'll be surprised if Buffalo does it, unless for some reason they think it will keep Eichel happy.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Hall: I want to sign with a winner
Also Hall: wants to sign an extension with Buffalo

Hall gambled on money with Buffalo, being traded at the deadline to a true contender, and having his best chance at money AND a Cup. Not overly honorable but it works for his career.

Next season may be a repeat if this doesn't work and if the cap remains stagnant with contenders not having room to pay him.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He should go to a contender at this point because he's never been on a good team. lol

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Would have expected Hall to go to a guaranteed playoff team for the next contract. I'd be pissed with 14 playoff games in 11 nhl seasons.

giphy.gif

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Mr. "I dont care about the money, I just want to win" chose a 1 year deal for $8 mil in Buffalo when it was rumored that Colorado offered him 3 years for $6 mil.

If that interview when he left New Jersey was true, Taylor Hall would be an Av right now.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Mr. "I dont care about the money, I just want to win" chose a 1 year deal for $8 mil in Buffalo when it was rumored that Colorado offered him 3 years for $6 mil.

If that interview when he left New Jersey was true, Taylor Hall would be an Av right now.
He bet on a year with Eichel pumping his tires and hitting the jackpot but between a struggling season and flat cap he’s going to be in tough to find a match with a contender. Kinda like dating a meh girl til something better comes along and then realizing you’re only meh yourself and deciding to get hitched.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Ah yes.

Just like Hall and the Devils had mutual interest on extension. And Hall and the Coyotes had mutual interest on extension.

I don’t buy it. Hall’s frequently said he’s made enough money and doesn’t care about the money. He wants to win and he’s going to take the best deal that balances joining a contender and getting paid close to what he’s worth.

No offense to Buffalo. But their trajectory isn’t as promising as say signing a long-ish deal with Carolina or even trying to win one last cup with Boston/Pittsburgh’s aging core.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
So Buffalo is just going to continue rolling two career backups as their goalies then? With all the money they've wasted on forwards they could've had a real number one goalie. I just don't get it, but hey I'm not a professional hockey guy. I guess they know better.

This is the 10th season in a row they're going to miss the playoffs though...

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Hall: I want to sign with a winner
Also Hall: wants to sign an extension with Buffalo

Hall really doesn't make sense.
He's perennially on bottom-feeders, finally gets a chance to sign with a good team (e.g. Colorado), says he wants to win, and picks Buffalo
Fine, it's only one year, but now he wants to extend there?? (allegedly, maybe it's a bluff)

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Hall really doesn't make sense.
He's perennially on bottom-feeders, finally gets a chance to sign with a good team (e.g. Colorado), says he wants to win, and picks Buffalo
Fine, it's only one year, but now he wants to extend there?? (allegedly, maybe it's a bluff)

Hall doesn't strike me as a smart guy. Calgary will take him on the cheap though. 6 years $6.5 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad