Trepanier | Asselin | Morand
Durandeau | Groulx | Lavoie
Barinka | Getson | Safin
Parent | Bishop/Dube | Higgins/Dube
-
McIssac | Ryczek
Chainey | Barron
Kyte | Flower

Interesting... You have Morand playing off wing. Someone has to. Lavoie, Barinka, and Higgins are the only right handed shots. Very curious to see what the coach tries and the chemistry created with Trepanier and Getson added to the mix.

I would rest Safin for a long as we can so he is as close to 100% as possible before the playoffs. We don't need Safin to make the playoffs or win our division. Make no sense to play him with a nagging injury.

Reactions: Coolmcneil

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Interesting... You have Morand playing off wing. Someone has to. Lavoie, Barinka, and Higgins are the only right handed shots. Very curious to see what the coach tries and the chemistry created with Trepanier and Getson added to the mix.

I would rest Safin for a long as we can so he is as close to 100% as possible before the playoffs. We don't need Safin to make the playoffs or win our division. Make no sense to play him with a nagging injury.
Morand has been playing right wing quite a bit lately if you look at the lines from the last few games. Hope Safin comes back with a full recovery and doesn’t get yet another Re-Aggravated injury.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
That 2021 first we don't have might hurt a lot! Thanks for providing this. It's worse than I thought. I guess Parant, Barron, Dube, can be used to acquire more 1st's in that 2020/2021 season deadline. Is Lavoie classified as a 19 or 20 year old in that season? Birth date of Sept 25th? I know he missed last year's NHL draft by a few days.
Hopefully we can reaquire that 2021 first at some point when they start to rebuild. Barron and Parent likely will be our biggest assets during 20-21 along with maybe Barinka and Dube and any 20 year olds who aren't signed to contracts yet. Should be able to get at least a couple first rounders back for that season.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hopefully we can reaquire that 2021 first at some point when they start to rebuild. Barron and Parent likely will be our biggest assets during 20-21 along with maybe Barinka and Dube and any 20 year olds who aren't signed to contracts yet. Should be able to get at least a couple first rounders back for that season.

What is the age cut off for Lavoie between NHL and Q? His birth date is September 25th. Is he classified as a 17 year old this year or 18 year old in the Q? He's for sure back next year for us but what about the following year? Does the team that drafts him have the ability to put him in the AHL as a 20 year old with a Sept 25th birthday in the 2020/2021 season?

Imagine what we could get for Lavoie as a 19 year old in the 20/21 season?

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Halifax acquires defenceman Alexis Sansfaçon from the Acadie Bathurt in exchange for a 7th round 2020. He has 8P but that’s with one of the worst in the Q. He’s A pretty solid add we can probably will fill Flowers Spot and Flower will play games when a defence is injured (currently Chainey is). Not sure how his defence is but I’m sure it’s solid.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Went to the game today. Mooseheads scored on their first two shots and still managed to lose. It was like watching a Leafs game. I just want one team I cheer for to not blow two goal leads.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
What is the age cut off for Lavoie between NHL and Q? His birth date is September 25th. Is he classified as a 17 year old this year or 18 year old in the Q? He's for sure back next year for us but what about the following year? Does the team that drafts him have the ability to put him in the AHL as a 20 year old with a Sept 25th birthday in the 2020/2021 season?

Imagine what we could get for Lavoie as a 19 year old in the 20/21 season?
Lavoie is an 18 year old in Q this season so he'll be a 20 year old in 20/21 season. Goes by the player's age in the calendar year that the season starts in. Barron will be a 19 year old that season since he turns 19 in Nov. So yeah Lavoie can be in AHL that season if he is signed by then. Groulx, McIsaac and Gravel all 20 that year too. Only McIsaac has signed a contract so far. I suspect the others will at some point between now and then if they continue to play well.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lavoie is an 18 year old in Q this season so he'll be a 20 year old in 20/21 season. Goes by the player's age in the calendar year that the season starts in. Barron will be a 19 year old that season since he turns 19 in Nov. So yeah Lavoie can be in AHL that season if he is signed by then. Groulx, McIsaac and Gravel all 20 that year too. Only McIsaac has signed a contract so far. I suspect the others will at some point between now and then if they continue to play well.

But what about the differences in date between the start of the NHL season and the start of the Q season?

- Q season started Sep 21st and Lavoie's birth date is Sept 25th. So he is labeled a 18 year old cause he turned 18 in 2018?
- How does this apply to the NHL? He missed the NHL draft last year by a few days. Drafted in the Q in the same draft year as McIsaac and Groulx but different eligibility for the NHL draft. This is why I am asking.

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
But what about the differences in date between the start of the NHL season and the start of the Q season?

- Q season started Sep 21st and Lavoie's birth date is Sept 25th. So he is labeled a 18 year old cause he turned 18 in 2018?
- How does this apply to the NHL? He missed the NHL draft last year by a few days. Drafted in the Q in the same draft year as McIsaac and Groulx but different eligibility for the NHL draft. This is why I am asking.

The cutoff for the NHL draft as far as birth date goes is September 15th. McIsaac and Groulx were born before September 15th, Lavoie after. The top 4 picks in the Q draft in 2017 were Lafreniere, Poulin, Pelletier and Parent- all are now 17 as classified by the Q but Lafreniere is a late birthday so NHL draft eligible in 2020 while the rest are eligible in 2019.

Reactions: Coolmcneil

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
19 year old Evan White has been signed and recalled to the Halifax Mooseheads to play against the Acadie-Bathurst Titan tonight. He has 24 points in 34 games with the St Stephen Aces in the Maritime Junior A Hockey League. Which is the 2nd most points for a defense-men in that league that isn't an over-ager. He also played four games with Chicoutimi and one game with Bathurst. Chainey, Ryczek, and McIssac are out hurt for Halifax which continues to be a scary struggle having all these D out with injuries. Our D tonight consists of Barron, Toner, Kyte, Flower, Sansfacon, and White.
-
Also anyone knows what's wrong with Marcel Barinka? He's missed a few games and was called a "Healthy Scratch". Is he hurt or is he just playing poorly to the point they won't play him?

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
From what we have this season this has potential in being our roster for the 2019-20 season. It's good but also a bit disappointing because if we didn't get host of the Memorial Cup this year we could've had a strong team this season and an even stronger team next season. But not gonna complain I think what we have this year is okay, we haven't had our complete roster yet this season so we haven't got a feel of how good this team will be going into the playoffs. Anyways back to the point, here is what the Roster could look like.
-
FORWARDS
Arnaud Durandeau (20) [Islanders Prospect]
Maxim Trepanier (20)
Benoit-Olivier Groulx (19) [Ducks Prospect]
Raphael Lavoie (19) [2019 Eligible]
Marcel Barinka (18) [2019 Eligible]
Xavier Parent (18) [2019 Eligible]
CHL Import Player [???]
Cole Stewart (18)
Kyle Petten (18)
Gavin Hart (18)
Samuel Dube (17) [2020 Eligible]
Sonny Kabatay (17)
Nathan MacMillan (17)
-
DEFENSE
Jocktan Chainey (20) [Devils Prospect]
Jared McIssac (19) [Red Wings Prospect]
Jack McGovern (19)
Liam MacKinnon (19)
Justin Barron (18) [2020 Eligible]
Felix Gascon (18)
Zachary Byard (17)
Zacharie Bordeleau (17)
-
GOALIES
Alex Gravel (19) [Blackhawks Prospect]
Cole McLaren (19)
-
CUT OVERAGERS / Definite AHL's
Joel Bishop
Patrick Kyte
Walter Flower
Denis Toner
Ben Higgins
Alexis Sansfacon
Antoine Morand (Ducks)
Ostap Safin (Oilers)
-
So... What Are Your Thoughts? Obviously Durandeau and Chainey still have chances at the AHL that would leave room for Joel Bishop and Patrick Kyte. It'd be a miracle if Morand or Safin came back.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
How offensively gifted is Jared McIsaac? Are his point totals a result of him being on a stacked team and getting lots of free easy points from other players making plays, or does he contribute a lot himself? His numbers have surprised me this season, but thats all I really have - stats. I dont really have any way to watch him.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
How offensively gifted is Jared McIsaac? Are his point totals a result of him being on a stacked team and getting lots of free easy points from other players making plays, or does he contribute a lot himself? His numbers have surprised me this season, but thats all I really have - stats. I dont really have any way to watch him.
I think he contributes a lot of offensive ability for the Mooseheads. I think hes more gifted in that ability more then in his defensive ability. With a lot of injuries on the team recently I woulnd't call them very stacked at the moment its just him doing his thing. Detroit drafted a really good player, I see him going very far in the future. Though I would love to see more defensive assets to his game. He's got great physical ability and isn't afraid to get into dangerous situations. Could've easily had a 70+ point season if he didn't have injuries. He's impressing many this year!

Reactions: TheMule93

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Good News on our injured players...
-
Maxim Trepanier and Jake Ryczek are expected to be back this weekend.
-
Ostap Safin And Jocktan Chainey are projected about 1-2 more weeks of recovery until they’re back in action.
-
Cole Stewart will be out 4 or more weeks but probably won’t play again this season anyways.
-
We haven’t had our full roster put together this whole season so I’m interested to see where everyone ends up and how they’ll produce. I’m looking forward to it!

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Just a quick question from an outside fan, is there anywhere in the arena that you would suggest NOT sitting? It could be because of obstructed view or something else. Looking at the idea of making the trip for the Memorial Cup.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Just a quick question from an outside fan, is there anywhere in the arena that you would suggest NOT sitting? It could be because of obstructed view or something else. Looking at the idea of making the trip for the Memorial Cup.

Not really. Obviously the nose bleeds are further away and can distort the viewing experience but the rink is very fan friendly. I can’t think of a spot that would be obstructed.

Reactions: Canadian Game

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Awesome. Thank you. Hoping to make the trip in a few months.
I sit right on the goal line. 3/4 of the way up in the lower bowl. Fantastic seating. Can see just about the whole rink except along the boards by the players benches. That's section 25. If you get deeper in the corner and lower the glass obstructs mostly everything. Stay away from the low corners. The seats are smaller as well. If you take an end seat in the corners then you may be without a drink holder. So anything on the ends or goal line to goal line is quite good above the glass line. You can see the overall game very good in the upperbowl. It's not as far as you think from ice level. If you can get a seat on one of the 1st recessed rows theres a rail there. Great place to watch the game but not much leg room. Seeing the game are televised cameras and camera men may be a problem. There's usually a nice atmosphere up there and access is good. If you get higher in the upper bowl and farther from the ice surface they have large HD tvs mounted to the back of the box seats. Players look a bit ant like but you still get a clear view. The tvs may help. Halifax is awesome. Hope you really enjoy yourself.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
2229C9BB-8BC9-43D3-A6DE-E10E0B56CF32.jpeg
The very top upper bowl level of seats are a little dissapointing in my opinion if you sit very high in the UB you won’t be able to see the whole ice because the skybox suites obstruct the view. They have video screens and scoreboards up there for people who can’t see. About half way up the UB you should be able to see the ice just fine. I haven’t been up there since 2013 though so not sure what it’s like. Corner seats in the lower bowl can be very tight and squished as well which and be a little uncomfortable but other then that it’s a pretty nice venue.

Reactions: Newt91

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Barron for sure. I had high hopes for Parent but he is not breaking out like I had hoped and he is so small. he gets muscled off the puck easily. I hoped he would grow a few more inches but its not happening

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
I think Mooseheads still have some assets to have a strong year next season. It would consist a lot of young prospects and Round 2-3 picks to go and we’d probably get good players from bad teams. I have a feeling Mooseheads will trade Jocktan Chainey and Walter Flower but keep Patty Kyte as an Overager next season, maybe even Joel Bishop as well but not sure who’d take him and for what. Don’t think any other overagers would be good enough. Morand and Safin are highly likely to go to the AHL. I wish next season was a rebuild year so we could become stronger faster but from the looks of things we’ll probably end up like the Titan in 2020-21 season. Here’s a little fantasy roster and trades I came up with for next season. Not sure if these are acceptable trades either but I think so. Not sure if Durandeau and Chainey will make the AHL or not either but I doubt it.
-
TRADES
Walter Flower, Nathan MacMillan, Sonny Kabatay, & Round 2 2021, for Evan MacKinnon, Liam Leonard, Jack Tucker.
-
Jocktan Chainey, Felix Gascon & Round 3 2020 for Leon Denny
-
HALIFAX MOOSEHEADS 2019-20 ROSTER
-
FORWARDS
Raphael Lavoie [19] NHL ‘19
Benoit Olivier Groulx [19] Ducks
Arnaud Durandeau [20] Islanders
Maxim Trepanier [20]
Evan MacKinnon [19]
Liam Leonard [19]
CHL Import [??]
Xavier Parent [18] NHL ‘19
Marcel Barinka [18] NHL ‘19
Samuel Dube [17] NHL ‘20
Cole Stewart [18]
Kyle Petten [18]
-
DEFENCE
-
Jared McIsaac [19] Red Wings
Justin Barron [18] NHL ‘20
Patrick Kyte [20]
Leon Denny [19]
Jack Tucker [19]
Jack McGovern [19]
-
GOALIES
Alex Gravel [19] Blackhawks
Cole McLaren [19]
-
LINES
Trepanier | Import | Lavoie
Durandeau | Groulx | Barinka
Parent | MacKinnon | Leonard
Petten | Dube | Stewart
-
McIssac | Tucker
Kyte | Barron
Denny | McGovern
-
Gravel
McLaren

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Durandeau still a fringe NHL prospect, or do you guys think he has bottom six potential?

Personally I don't see it but many islander fans are getting excited about him. I try to remind them he is 20 in a league where the average age is 18, and Halifax is, well, really good

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Durandeau still a fringe NHL prospect, or do you guys think he has bottom six potential?

Personally I don't see it but many islander fans are getting excited about him. I try to remind them he is 20 in a league where the average age is 18, and Halifax is, well, really good
I don’t think he has the hockey sense to make the NHL. Good skills but I doubt he will go beyond AHL. Hope he proves us wrong.

Reactions: Newt91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad