Halifax Mooseheads: 2018-2019 Thread

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Could possibly be seeing a line change in today’s afternoon game after a very good performance on an interesting line consisting of Bishop | Asselin | Lavoie which was a juggled line in I believe mid way through the second if I’m not mistaken and they together got 9 shots on net. They also tried out Durandeau | Groulx | Higgins out there to start the game off today and that line got a goal so it’ll be interesting to see what the Staff might be thinking of doing after that game. It was also only 2-1 against one of the top teams in the league. (Also refs we’re blind). Would definitely make a weirder fourth line if those changes are made.

As ridiculous as this sounds it could actually work. Wouldn’t have to go in that particular order either. I made this up myself. It may not be the best first line to put out on the ice though. Thoughts?

Parent | Morand | Maher
Durandeau | Groulx | Higgins
Bishop | Asselin | Lavoie
Petten | Barinka | Safin
scratches: McLeod, Stewart

McIsssc | Ryczek
Chainey | Barron
Kyte | Flower
scratches: Toner

Last edited:

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
CCD5695B-CC30-4659-B656-81B52B349038.png

Interesting new lines for Halifax today. Not sure if Safin is partially hurt or not playing well but he’s on the fourth line. Go Moose Go!

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Hey CoolMc. This would be my shot at the lines. I watch all the Moose games. I've seen some strange combos click this year. These caught my eye.
Durandeau Groulx Morand
Bishop Lavoie Higgins
Barinka Asselin Safin
Mahar Parent Petten

Dmen and Goalies same as above

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Any words on Morand so far? Is he used as a winger?
Morand has been playing okay. He’s been playing Center all year just recently the teams been trying to scramble lines to see what lines can work best to produce goals. Definitely been a great set up guy been getting a lot of assists lately but been kinda lacking in goals. They’ll come though I wouldn’t worry too much. He’ll be great once things can be set.

Reactions: Tube Skates

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
hows McIsaac been doing? his stats look pretty good but I havent watched him
He’s been amazing in every category so far from what I’ve seen. He averages a point per game. But in every D you can see a few errors and I’ve seen a few but other then that I don’t got much else to say future NHLer for sure been great.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
I was bored and I figured I’d see what the Mooseheads starting roster could’ve looked like at the start of the season if everything worked out to plan with imports, drafted players, players going to other leagues, etc and this is how stacked it got. Mooseheads may not have made some of these transactions if this were the case but you can only imagine how crazy it’d be. I added Fagemo instead of Somppi so I could add Maher as an overager. And this would be the case if Dube wasn’t out with a blood clot. Is this a memorial cup winning team or what?
-
#11 Filip Zadina (Red Wings) [19]
#15 Jordan Maher [20]
#18 Alex Newhook (2019 Eligible) [17]
#19 Benoit Olivier Groulx (Ducks) [18]
#21 Arnaud Durandeau (Islanders) [19]
#50 Raphael Lavoie (2019 Eligible) [18]
#61 Joel Bishop [19]
#63 Samuel Fagemo (2019 Eligible) [18]
#67 Xavier Parent (2019 Eligible) [17]
#72 Samuel Asselin [20]
#88 Antoine Morand (Ducks) [19]
#94 Samuel Dube (2020 Eligible) [16]
-
#3 Walter Flower [19]
#12 Patrick Kyte [19]
#14 Jared McIssac (Red Wings) [18]
#16 Jake Ryczek (Blackhawks) [20]
#20 Justin Barron (2020 Eligible) [17]
#79 Jocktan Chainey (Devils) [19]
-
#1 Alex Gravel (Blackhawks) [18]
#29 Cole McLaren [18]
-
LINES
Zadina | Morand | Lavoie
Durandeau | Groulx | Fagemo
Parent | Asselin | Newhook
Bishop | Dube | Maher
-
Kyte | Ryczek
McIssac | Flower
Barron | Chainey
-
Gravel
McLaren
-
Again this is only a fantasy team/dream team it’s not gonna happen.

Last edited:

garland

Dec 3, 2018
-
LINES
Zadina | Morand | Lavoie
Durandeau | Groulx | Fagemo
Parent | Asselin | Newhook
Bishop | Dube | Maher
-
Kyte | Ryczek
McIssac | Flower
Barron | Chainey
-
Gravel
McLaren
-
Again this is only a fantasy team/dream team it’s not gonna happen.

Of course this is only fantasy, but Arlo Merritt and Ethan Phillips would have cracked this roster for sure as well. We're deep at forward but these guys are skilled, and only did not make the team/didn't show up at camp because of NCAA commitments. And even if you got rid of Fagemo AND Maher, Somppi would be a major upgrade on those guys, he'd be a top-3 player in the Q I'd say.

Reactions: Coolmcneil

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Mooseheads are a small team. Small teams are suppose to be fast and aside from few exceptions, the Mooseheads are not fast. When we face a top team with shutdown ability, the Mooseheads struggle. The D is not that good either. Gravel is playing very well this year though.

I expect changes before the deadline. A bit of a shake up and attempts to address areas of need. Zadina and Somppi were huge losses.

Areas of need:

- Aside from Asselin, Our two other 20 year olds are not performing well. Won't be surprised if Maher and Rychek are gone and replaced with better options.

- Puck moving D man that can run a PP and has a great shot. It's a huge need. Mooseheads need to be all in on Dobson. Veleno price to acquire was 3-1st's and 2-2nd's. Steep price to pay but you get him for two years. If not Dobson, we need someone similar to improve our PP and help out our team D in terms of shutdown ability in front of Gravel

Last edited:

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Mooseheads are a small team. Small teams are suppose to be fast and aside from few exceptions, the Mooseheads are not fast. When we face a top team with shutdown ability, the Mooseheads struggle. The D is not that good either. Gravel is playing very well this year though.

I expect changes before the deadline. A bit of a shake up and attempts to address areas of need. Zadina and Somppi were huge losses.

Areas of need:

- Aside from Asselin, Our two other 20 year olds are not performing well. Won't be surprised if Maher and Rychek are gone and replaced with better options.

- Puck moving D man that can run a PP and has a great shot. It's a huge need. Mooseheads need to be all in on Dobson. Veleno price to acquire was 3-1st's and 2-2nd's. Steep price to pay but you get him for two years. If not Dobson, we need someone similar to improve our PP and help out our team D in terms of shutdown ability in front of Gravel
There’s gonna be quite a bit of teams eyeing on Dobson so it’ll definitely be tough to get him. I do agree with everything you said though I’m 100% sure Cam Russell will be making moves at Christmas.
-
There’s two forwards I’d love to see one get traded to Halifax and they’re 19 year olds. Shawn Boudrias of Gatineau and Joel Teasdale of Blainville. Filling overager spots isn’t as important if you have good depth but would be nice to get a 20 year old. Would be hard to get rid of Maher. Overager Julian Tessier of Val D’or would also be a nice add.
-
For defence if Dobson isn’t an option anymore there’s still a few players that we can go after. If Maher was to get traded you could always go for 2 overage defence. And I’m sure a team can show interest in Ryczek or other players like Kyte or Flower if there’s draft picks included so looking at smaller teams I’d say 20 year olds Felix Boivin of Val D’or and/or Gabriel Bilodeau of Gatineau would be great adds. Not sure how good defensively they are but put up good numbers.
-
Goaltending is looking okay for now but if Gravel was to ever get hurt having McLaren as a main especially by playoff time would be a bit scary. But looking at how the players are doing, goaltending might have to stay with what it is like right now.
-
I’m only an amateur so not sure what Cam will do but he’s done amazing moves to grow teams in the past so I’m positive he’ll make right moves. But really want to see change some games were ugly to watch. Looking at how successful other teams are doing is making us look bad. And Islanders are right on our tails now. Anyways I’ll leave it at that. Go Moose Go!

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There’s gonna be quite a bit of teams eyeing on Dobson so it’ll definitely be tough to get him. I do agree with everything you said though I’m 100% sure Cam Russell will be making moves at Christmas.
-
There’s two forwards I’d love to see one get traded to Halifax and they’re 19 year olds. Shawn Boudrias of Gatineau and Joel Teasdale of Blainville. Filling overager spots isn’t as important if you have good depth but would be nice to get a 20 year old. Would be hard to get rid of Maher. Overager Julian Tessier of Val D’or would also be a nice add.
-
For defence if Dobson isn’t an option anymore there’s still a few players that we can go after. If Maher was to get traded you could always go for 2 overage defence. And I’m sure a team can show interest in Ryczek or other players like Kyte or Flower if there’s draft picks included so looking at smaller teams I’d say 20 year olds Felix Boivin of Val D’or and/or Gabriel Bilodeau of Gatineau would be great adds. Not sure how good defensively they are but put up good numbers.
-
Goaltending is looking okay for now but if Gravel was to ever get hurt having McLaren as a main especially by playoff time would be a bit scary. But looking at how the players are doing, goaltending might have to stay with what it is like right now.
-
I’m only an amateur so not sure what Cam will do but he’s done amazing moves to grow teams in the past so I’m positive he’ll make right moves. But really want to see change some games were ugly to watch. Looking at how successful other teams are doing is making us look bad. And Islanders are right on our tails now. Anyways I’ll leave it at that. Go Moose Go!

We see it the same way. I will be interested to see hot much of the future the Moosheads trade to reinforce the team for this years memorial cup and even next year where we likely are still very good. My first approach would be to improve the 20 years olds aside from Asselin. That shouldn't bee too difficult to do as I am sure there are bottom half type teams that have very good 20 year olds.

I agree about the price to acquire Dobson will be steep. But we do get him for 2 years. If not him, we need something similar.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
16 year olds Sonny Kabatay and Nathan MacMillan are being called up in replace of Joel Bishop and Raphael Lavoie! Should be interesting...

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
**NEW LINES**
Vs Charlottetown (Dec 15, 2018)

Parent | Asselin | Morand
Durandeau | Groulx | Bishop
Barinka | Lavoie | Higgins
Petten | McLeod | Maher

Kyte | Flower
Chainey | Barron
Toner | Ryczek

Gravel
McLaren

They tried this out against Moncton when Lavoie got to the bench after puck drop and it really worked as Moose won 2-0 and didn’t let in any goals and scored on the first and second lines. Bishop has been playing phenomenal lately so his spot currently is much deserving he’s got 3G 12A in his last 19 games.

McIssac and Safin are still currently at there respective selection camps and both doing very well. McIssac has already made team Canada officially and Safin is still unconfirmed yet. Either way Moose have been on a roll lately after those terrible games against Armada, Voltigeurs, And Drakkar.

GO MOOSE GO!

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Rough game tonight :laugh:
For the Islanders

We keep the sticks players break in frustration from opposing team at the SBC. That's 2 nights in a row they nearly took out the someone in the ice crew swinging through the tunnel

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
I really think Mooseheads need one more forward or defencemen for a M-Cup push. Moncton and Halifax battled for Noah Dobson but Rouyn Noranda won the fight. Just want to see one more good player added before the deadline and we’re set.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I really think Mooseheads need one more forward or defencemen for a M-Cup push. Moncton and Halifax battled for Noah Dobson but Rouyn Noranda won the fight. Just want to see one more good player added before the deadline and we’re set.

What did RN trade for Dobson?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

They need a PP quarterback at D. Someone who also does not get pushed around in his own end either.

I would be looking to improve the 20 year old depth after Asselin. Rychek and Maher are not good enough IMO. Yeah, I'm being picky but the point is building a memorial cup contending team here.

It's disappointing we lost out on Dobson.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Morand somehow slowed down in terms of production. Is he playing well or does he struggle right now?

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Morand somehow slowed down in terms of production. Is he playing well or does he struggle right now?
I want to say both, same with Lavoie. They're starting to play with the lines to try to get his production up to expectations. I wouldn't worry a whole lot still another half to go. The first half was full of injuries, a 15 game road trip, etc. Hope for the best for him though, It's our M-Cup year!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad