Halifax Mooseheads: 2018-2019 Thread

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
What is the reason why it won't be made official until the end of the deadline?
Some trades aren’t allowed to be officially announced until after the deadline. I don’t understand the rule behind it but same thing happened with players like Drake Batherson last season. You’ll see once it’s officially announced. He’s a Rouyn Noranda Huskies already.

Joe Lamb

Mar 12, 2004
downeast
Some trades aren’t allowed to be officially announced until after the deadline. I don’t understand the rule behind it but same thing happened with players like Drake Batherson last season. You’ll see once it’s officially announced. He’s a Rouyn Noranda Huskies already.

For players at the World Juniors.

Reactions: Coolmcneil

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
A4981043-5CB8-491F-BF0E-B14F79171E61.png

Maher is gone! We have acquired Keith Getson! (13G 17A | 30P in 33GP) Charlottetown also gets a Third Round 2019 and Second Round 2020. Lots of draft picks given away just to claim Maher and give away Maher but that doesn’t matter we got another strong forward! Go Moose Go!

John Bravo

Jan 23, 2018
Whats the status of Safin? I know he has been in and out of the lineup... mostly out. Is he out indefinetly?

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Whats the status of Safin? I know he has been in and out of the lineup... mostly out. Is he out indefinetly?
I have no clue at this point. Apparently he did compete at Selection Camp. Not sure if he got hurt again but it’s now a mystery to know when he’ll be back. Very frustrating...

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
There’s been speculations all over Twitter with Zadina possibly coming back to Halifax after the World Juniors which I highly doubt but apparently it’s a possibility. He’s doing decent in the AHL at 19 though. If this is the case and he comes back that’ll be freaking amazing but there’ll be a situation where we either get rid of Safin or Barinka but it’ll likely be Safin due to his health but not many teams have an import spot open. You also wouldn’t get much back for Safin but we’ll see how things work out. I think he’s staying with Grand Rapids. Here’s the possible stacked lines if this freaking happens

Zadina | Morand | Asselin
Durandeau | Groulx | Bishop
Parent | Getson | Lavoie
Barinka | Dube/McLeod | Higgins
-
McIssac | Flower
Kyte | Ryczek
Chainey Barron
Toner
-
Gravel
McLaren (if no goalie transaction is made)

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Samuel Dube expected to come back sometime soon! He’s only gotten to play 2 games this season.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Okay, something really has to be done with Defenceman. Even though we had McIssac and Ryczek out today what I saw was super dissapointing. Chainey has been so inconsistent this year it’s not even funny. I also never liked Flower over the years. He was always hurt and he never got to develop. His only good asset is his slapshot which is rarely used because of his bad accuracy. I wouldn’t worry about Kyte his numbers are okay and I think he works great with Ryczek. McIssac and Barron are amazing as well. I don’t even care about a backup goaltender anymore and I don’t care if we have the best average scoring defence we need people who can actually DEFEND. I hope Cam Russell can do something. He already missed out on Dobson and Joseph. (I know he tried for Dobson) I know he’s a very smart GM so I hope he wakes up and realizes the same that he did with Maher needs to be done towards others. We didn’t go all this way to go for a Memorial Cup to have what we have. Anyways hope something is done.

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Watched yesterdays game. Great crowd and great result.

I've seen the Moose live twice and the team is good but imagine where they could be if they could make use of their import spots? If they want a long playoff run they need to do something here. Another d would be nice but they don't grow on trees.

Was not super impressed with Barinka or Safin even when healthy. Maybe just spoiled by overagers of days gone by.

Joe Lamb

Mar 12, 2004
downeast
Watched yesterdays game. Great crowd and great result.

I've seen the Moose live twice and the team is good but imagine where they could be if they could make use of their import spots? If they want a long playoff run they need to do something here. Another d would be nice but they don't grow on trees.

Was not super impressed with Barinka or Safin even when healthy. Maybe just spoiled by overagers of days gone by.

I think you mean imports.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Whats the status of Safin? I know he has been in and out of the lineup... mostly out. Is he out indefinitely?

If he has a nagging injury, he should stay out till just before the playoffs. We don't need Safin to make the playoffs and win our division. Better to have him healthy for the playoffs

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Fagemo not reporting really hurt in the end. He's had a solid season in Sweden and we wouldn't have had to trade a valuable asset for Safin. Detroit also screwed us by deeming Zadina to be on loan from Europe. Seems like a kind of a greasy loophole for NHL teams. Halifax had never been informed that he was on loan but it didn't seem to make a difference. I think they may have jumped the gun in acquiring Safin anyway. Could have survived with no import until the deadline and maybe tried for Kurashev. Hopefully he can get healthy and contribute in the end but he wasn't really noticeable in the few games I saw him play.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Can anybody list what picks the Mooseheads have at this stage? I'm curious to see what we have left and if we make any more trades?

When's the trade deadline?

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Can anybody list what picks the Mooseheads have at this stage? I'm curious to see what we have left and if we make any more trades?

When's the trade deadline?
Trade Deadline is January 6th.
This is what they gave up... (only adding future picks)
-
ANTOINE MORAND/JORDAN MAHER TRADE
Round 1 2019
Round 3 2020
-
SAMUEL ASSELIN
Round 2 2019
-
OSTAP SAFIN
Round 1 2021
-
KEITH GETSON
Round 2 2020
Round 3 2019
-
MAXIM TREPANIER
Round 1 2020
-
What they have left
2019: Round 4 up
2020 Round 4 up
2021 Round 2 up
-
Highly doubt anymore moves will be made unless we trade Safin away and somehow acquire Zadina from Grand Rapids. Unfortunately probably won’t get any good players or draft picks if Safin is traded due to his injury.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Trade Deadline is January 6th.
This is what they gave up... (only adding future picks)
-
ANTOINE MORAND/JORDAN MAHER TRADE
Round 1 2019
Round 3 2020
-
SAMUEL ASSELIN
Round 2 2019
-
OSTAP SAFIN
Round 1 2021
-
KEITH GETSON
Round 2 2020
Round 3 2019
-
MAXIM TREPANIER
Round 1 2020
-
What they have left
2019: Round 4 up
2020 Round 4 up
2021 Round 2 up
-
Highly doubt anymore moves will be made unless we trade Safin away and somehow acquire Zadina from Grand Rapids. Unfortunately probably won’t get any good players or draft picks if Safin is traded due to his injury.

That 2021 first we don't have might hurt a lot! Thanks for providing this. It's worse than I thought. I guess Parant, Barron, Dube, can be used to acquire more 1st's in that 2020/2021 season deadline. Is Lavoie classified as a 19 or 20 year old in that season? Birth date of Sept 25th? I know he missed last year's NHL draft by a few days.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What are the projected lines with our new player shuffle? A lot of left handed shots in this forward group! Who's playing off wing?

Morand / Asselin / Lavoie
Trepanier / Groulx / Barinka
Parent / Getson / Durandeau
Dube / Bishop / Higgins

Safin

Chainey / Rychek
McIsaac / Flower
Kyte / Barron

Gravel
McLaren

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
That 2021 first we don't have might hurt a lot! Thanks for providing this. It's worse than I thought. I guess Parant, Barron, Dube, can be used to acquire more 1st's in that 2020/2021 season deadline. Is Lavoie classified as a 19 or 20 year old in that season? Birth date of Sept 25th? I know he missed last year's NHL draft by a few days.
Next season Lavoie will be playing as a 19 year old. Most likely would go to the AHL at 20.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
What are the projected lines with our new player shuffle? A lot of left handed shots in this forward group! Who's playing off wing?

Morand / Asselin / Lavoie
Trepanier / Groulx / Barinka
Parent / Getson / Durandeau
Dube / Bishop / Higgins

Safin

Chainey / Rychek
McIsaac / Flower
Kyte / Barron

Gravel
McLaren
1st Option (my preferred)
Parent | Getson | Morand