Speculation: Hagel price tag

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
It’s not hard to understand, people just don’t agree with you
Fair. I don’t get it but whatever. Anyway, I really like Hagel and certainly aren’t advocating on trading him. Just not crazy about the idea of letting the phone ring and not picking up.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Fair. I don’t get it but whatever. Anyway, I really like Hagel and certainly aren’t advocating on trading him. Just not crazy about the idea of letting the phone ring and not picking up.
I don't think anyone is saying they should ignore offers, but the entire argument against your opinion is based on the reality that the prospects likely won't be anywhere near the level they should be to make an offer worth considering, yet round and round this discussion goes.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
I don't think anyone is saying they should ignore offers, but the entire argument against your opinion is based on the reality that the prospects likely won't be anywhere near the level they should be to make an offer worth considering, yet round and round this discussion goes.
Well when people say that trading him would be dumb, not considering what should be coming back if the Hawks did, that’s basically saying that they should not answer the phone.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Well when people say that trading him would be dumb, not considering what should be coming back if the Hawks did, that’s basically saying that they should not answer the phone.

No. We've been speculating about this for what, a week now? If the return is a late 1st and a very good prospect, it's debatable on whether or not that'd be worth trading Hagel. Pragmatically, realistically, it'd probably be dumb to trade him. If you think that's the equivalent of shutting down the conversation then that's on you homie

Reactions: Styles

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
No. We've been speculating about this for what, a week now? If the return is a late 1st and a very good prospect, it's debatable on whether or not that'd be worth trading Hagel. Pragmatically, realistically, it'd probably be dumb to trade him. If you think that's the equivalent of shutting down the conversation then that's on you homie
Cool, we’re saying the same thing. Cheers!

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
when you trade a guy like hagel for picks there is reinvestment risk...most picks do not become hagel type players and hes not a finished product on a steal of a contract...what is the rush to move him, you have to start to build a new leadership group at some point and him and cat are a start

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
This seems like a reasonable return, I also would be ok swapping Dylan Garand for Morgan Barron.

as a Rangers fan I was thinking a lot less
Like Georgiev and a 2nd

Take Lankinen and Carpenter off your hands
They don’t have much value

for a prospect someone like Ruenanen but I could see Kravtsov to a chicago

they may find a fit in between

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
as a Rangers fan I was thinking a lot less
Like Georgiev and a 2nd

Take Lankinen and Carpenter off your hands
They don’t have much value

for a prospect someone like Ruenanen but I could see Kravtsov to a chicago

they may find a fit in between

Even assuming you’re including a 1st as well, that offer is not at all interesting.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
I REALLY like Hagel....but if someone is willing to give a first (even one likely in the 20's as that is the reality of a TDL move with playoff teams) and a top prospect with some other lotto ticket prospect/pick, you do that all day long. The trick is defining what a "top prospect" is.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Would Fleury, Hagel, and a small add be enough to get Newhook from Colorado?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Trading Hagel = Stupid.

Peoples' obsession with trading legitimate NHL players for picks that have a high likelihood of never becoming an NHL player, has always blown my mind.
remember when you said this about gus' when we were in no position to win?? if a player is playing above his head and you can get value for him and your not in a win now position take the value.

Reactions: Illinihockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad