Speculation: Hagel price tag

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
remember when you said this about gus' when we were in no position to win?? if a player is playing above his head and you can get value for him and your not in a win now position take the value.

Sometimes you're right, and sometimes you're wrong. Shit happens. Still doesn't change the fact that trading all your proven NHL players for picks is stupid.

You don't get to a win now position by offloading all your proven NHL talent for coin tosses.

Reactions: BuddyTheGoon

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Sometimes you're right, and sometimes you're wrong. Shit happens. Still doesn't change the fact that trading all your proven NHL players for picks is stupid.

You don't get to a win now position by offloading all your proven NHL talent for coin tosses.
Well yes but let's not act like Hagel is some ultra-talented untouchable forward.

Some Hawks fans are conditioned to accept the country club play of spoiled athletes who rarely play at 100 percent - and when a guy like Hagel comes along they confuse what is compete and hustle for talent. If a team is willing to overpay significantly to acquire him Hawks need to take the risk for the sake of rebuilding this troubled franchise.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Well yes but let's not act like Hagel is some ultra-talented untouchable forward.

Some Hawks fans are conditioned to accept the country club play of spoiled athletes who rarely play at 100 percent - and when a guy like Hagel comes along they confuse what is compete and hustle for talent. If a team is willing to overpay significantly to acquire him Hawks need to take the risk for the sake of rebuilding this troubled franchise.
This is a fair point.

It's also fair to want to keep guys like Hagel around and start to change the culture of the team. I'd much rather young players coming up to look at how Hagel plays than Kane.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This is a fair point.

It's also fair to want to keep guys like Hagel around and start to change the culture of the team. I'd much rather young players coming up to look at how Hagel plays than Kane.
Quite true but it is the coach's job to prevent slackers, no matter the talent, from taking over.
Perhaps Q's biggest fault was coddling/favouring certain veteran players who needed to be read the riot act at times but weren't. Watching the casual play and lack of urgency of the current team makes me believe that that culture remains to a degree. It is one of the reasons Hagel stands out. He hasn't bought into the country club (yet).

Reactions: jls24

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

I don’t think anyone is disagreeing with the philosophy, as opposed to what signifies an overpayment.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The Claude Giroux Rental ask price is rumoured to be high = a 1st,a high system prospect,and another pick (what other pick depends on the quality of the prospect traded).

Giroux is only a Rental...17 g..
Same as Hagel but has 9 more assissts in 1 more GP..

Hagel is not a rental bit has 2 more years on his cheap contract.

You would think Hawks get even more in deal for Hagel than PHI gets for trading Giroux.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Only if he trades him for Saad
If he does and doesn’t get an incredible return we know the degradation of the team continues. Why trade Hagel, it’s lunacy that we are trading one the very few valuable players on this team. Get rid of the garbage like other teams dump their garbage on us.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If Davidson trades Hagel then we know the Stan era is upon us once again.
If he does and doesn’t get an incredible return we know the degradation of the team continues. Why trade Hagel, it’s lunacy that we are trading one the very few valuable players on this team. Get rid of the garbage like other teams dump their garbage on us.
How many times does this need to be explained? No player is untouchable if the overpayment is significant enough to pull the trigger.

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
How many times does this need to be explained? No player is untouchable if the overpayment is significant enough to pull the trigger.

I mean it’s a cool story and all but when was the last time the team made a great trade that got you this crazy return to trade someone like Hagel? This guy was in Stan’s ear the whole time why didn’t he effect his pathetic trades? Some here are so delusional and tell you McDonough had so much impact on Stan but the assistant manager didn’t? Come on mate, even Stan would NOT have been fired if it wasn’t for this scandal, we would have watched this garbage hockey for years and years. This very much feels like the continuation of that garbage, I am certainly not holding my breath and I have been right on calling everything for many years now and very few here even understand hockey from the management side of things evaluating players now and their future and so on. It’s painful how pathetic and clueless most views are here lol.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I mean it’s a cool story and all but when was the last time the team made a great trade that got you this crazy return to trade someone like Hagel? This guy was in Stan’s ear the whole time why didn’t he effect his pathetic trades? Some here are so delusional and tell you McDonough had so much impact on Stan but the assistant manager didn’t? Come on mate, even Stan would NOT have been fired if it wasn’t for this scandal, we would have watched this garbage hockey for years and years. This very much feels like the continuation of that garbage, I am certainly not holding my breath and I have been right on calling everything for many years now and very few here even understand hockey from the management side of things evaluating players now and their future and so on. It’s painful how pathetic and clueless most views are here lol.
STAN IS GONE. Live in the present.

Nobody knows how Davidson will turn out at this point but certainly status quo won't cut it.
But now that he has the job: If our GM wants to keep an overachieving bottom-6 guy without even finding out what teams will offer for him and whose value is probably at an all-time high, then he will probably be another failure in that position.... and that is exactly what you are suggesting he should do.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
STAN IS GONE. Live in the present.

Nobody knows how Davidson will turn out at this point but certainly status quo won't cut it.
But now that he has the job: If our GM wants to keep an overachieving bottom-6 guy without even finding out what teams will offer for him and whose value is probably at an all-time high, then he will probably be another failure in that position.... and that is exactly what you are suggesting he should do.

Wtf is an overachieving bottom 6 lol, do you hear what you are saying? Hagel right now in his last 41 games has 17 goals, this translates to 34 goals on 82 games. He has this year and TWO more years at 1.5 Fricking million, this is HUGE value, this kind of production at this cap can tip teams who are stacked into cup winners if they are cap constrained. This means his value is more than just a mid level 1st and a top prospect whatever that means exactly. It’s too deep you don’t get it.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He has this year and TWO more years at 1.5 Fricking million, this is HUGE value, this kind of production at this cap can tip teams who are stacked into cup winners if they are cap constrained. This means his value is more than just a mid level 1st and a top prospect
That was a great sales pitch

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Wtf is an overachieving bottom 6 lol, do you hear what you are saying? Hagel right now in his last 41 games has 17 goals, this translates to 34 goals on 82 games. He has this year and TWO more years at 1.5 Fricking million, this is HUGE value, this kind of production at this cap can tip teams who are stacked into cup winners if they are cap constrained. This means his value is more than just a mid level 1st and a top prospect whatever that means exactly. It’s too deep you don’t get it.
It's obvious to me that you will never look at a positive for this team, be it in the past or moving forward. The numbers you just stated make my point exactly. He is overachieving big-time and will fetch more now, than ever again. I will eat my shirt if Hagel ever becomes a 30-goal scorer in this league.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It's obvious to me that you will never look at a positive for this team, be it in the past or moving forward. The numbers you just stated make my point exactly. He is overachieving big-time and will fetch more now, than ever again. I will eat my shirt if Hagel ever becomes a 30-goal scorer in this league.
Why is it any time there's players who play like you bemoan nobody on the team plays like, you hate them and want them gone?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I am very positive about Hagel and a few more guys like him and we have a good team and then when POSITIVE results are here then me the best predictor on these boards has ever had will also be POSITIVE. When there is nothing positive results wise what is there to be positive about? It’s not my life, I have no control over it, when i have a mission in my life I can choose to be positive which makes me act in a positive way which achieves a positive goal. For a team you are merely reacting to positive or negative results, why is this rocket science for people to understand? I see that most have no clue how to even think. The number of times I have been told to be “positive” when the team is a bottom feeder garbage is mind boggling and hilarious.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I am very positive about Hagel and a few more guys like him and we have a good team and then when POSITIVE results are here then me the best predictor on these boards has ever had will also be POSITIVE. When there is nothing positive results wise what is there to be positive about? It’s not my life, I have no control over it, when i have a mission in my life I can choose to be positive which makes me act in a positive way which achieves a positive goal. For a team you are merely reacting to positive or negative results, why is this rocket science for people to understand? I see that most have no clue how to even think. The number of times I have been told to be “positive” when the team is a bottom feeder garbage is mind boggling and hilarious.
Show your right predictions?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Show your right predictions?
Go look up every bad trade this team has ever done and see what I have to say about it the day it was made. Go look it up yourself, then look at what you said while you are at it.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
FFS ..... Who said I wanted him gone?
READ MY LIPS: IF THE OFFER IS A SIGNIFICANT OVERPAYMENT, TAKE IT... AND THE SAME GOES FOR ANY CURRENT PLAYER ON THE ROSTER!!!!

Ok what is “significant” overpayment? Cause I have yet to see a real significant overpayment. A mid first and a “top prospect”. Is that significant? I don’t think so, unless “top prospect” means elite prospect who all but sure is becoming 1st line NHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad