Speculation: Hagel price tag

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Hagel is shooting 21% for the season Matthews is 16% for his career, McDavid is 15%. But ya Hagel for sure is going to keep this scoring pace up. If we keep narrowing the sample size down I’m sure we can invent a way Hagel is going to score 50 next year

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Sometimes you're right, and sometimes you're wrong. Shit happens. Still doesn't change the fact that trading all your proven NHL players for picks is stupid.

You don't get to a win now position by offloading all your proven NHL talent for coin tosses.
you dont get to a win now position by holding onto a player when value can be had. if you can get a good prospect with a chance at a higher ceiling then hagel its probably worth it. The blackhawks will need top tier talent to get to the win now position fill in the hagels later on.

I am a hagel fan. I think hes scoring above his talent right now. His stock will not be higher and the hawks will not be competing while hes on this deal. Thats just my opinion of his potential. I hope I am wrong and he turns into a star and cashes in after these two years.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The blackhawks will need top tier talent to get to the win now position fill in the hagels later on. .
This situation is exactly what you see teams can't and don't do successfully.

If you tear down, get young fresh stars with nobody like this on the roster, those stars will have to do it all themselves and the team will suffer and win nothing for 7 or plus years.

This he has to be a star or need to scrap him. But if filling your roster with good effort 20/20 40 pt players was so easy to load up on, the Leafs and Oilers and every other post tank teams wouldn't be so awful and win nothing every season.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
This situation is exactly what you see teams can't and don't do successfully.

If you tear down, get young fresh stars with nobody like this on the roster, those stars will have to do it all themselves and the team will suffer and win nothing for 7 or plus years.

This he has to be a star or need to scrap him. But if filling your roster with good effort 20/20 40 pt players was so easy to load up on, the Leafs and Oilers and every other post tank teams wouldn't be so awful and win nothing every season.

Situations arent compareble. Oilers scouting was horrendous for many years outside of picking top 5 at the podium. Toronto had pretty good depth until they jumped the gun and signed tavares. They went from having decent depth to over half their cap signed to 4 players.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Situations arent compareble. Oilers scouting was horrendous for many years outside of picking top 5 at the podium. Toronto had pretty good depth until they jumped the gun and signed tavares. They went from having decent depth to over half their cap signed to 4 players.
If there was ever, any teardown trade off all your guys rebuilds that succeeded, it would be comparable to certain situations.

You need the top 3 picks but you can't have your roster be barren when those picks arrive. If that's the case, you're gonna still be terrible with that maybe elite talent.

Reactions: Bubba88

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
The return for Cat or Dach would need to be beyond substantial but I hear you.
Yes, listening to offers doesn’t mean that you have to take the best one at the end. You just don’t trade Cat, Dach or Hagel if you don’t have an offer that blows your socks off.

Whereas, you take the best offer available for DeHaan, Carpenter, Fleury. Different situations.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The return for Cat or Dach would need to be beyond substantial but I hear you.
Definitely, with Cat, he will need to be qualified at 10mil when his current deal is up or they can agree to a big extension. He'll probably never be worth more than he is right now. It would need to knock our socks off, but it may be the right move.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
The fact that people are putting Hagel in the same category and debrincat is blowing my mind

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
you dont get to a win now position by holding onto a player when value can be had. if you can get a good prospect with a chance at a higher ceiling then hagel its probably worth it. The blackhawks will need top tier talent to get to the win now position fill in the hagels later on.

I am a hagel fan. I think hes scoring above his talent right now. His stock will not be higher and the hawks will not be competing while hes on this deal. Thats just my opinion of his potential. I hope I am wrong and he turns into a star and cashes in after these two years.

it’s the you have to extend and build around Gustafson argument all over again

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Me, but it was strictly in the sense that they are both players that you’re not actively trying to trade, as opposed to the DeHaans and Carpenters. Not that they are comparable players.

I guess you need to explain the most obvious things these days…

Exactly, some people need to comprehend what they read ... and not twist it into something it isn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00