Post-Game Talk: Habs win all important game against the Flames

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
Danault wants $6m. Can’t score and loses two critical faceoffs at the end.

Danault is basically in the ballpark of about 10 goals per season and 30 assists per 82 games at best his next contract should be based on that type of output/expectations. His point production has been dropping the past few seasons

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Danault is basically in the ballpark of about 10 goals per season and 30 assists per 82 games at best his next contract should be based on that type of output/expectations. His point production has been dropping the past few seasons
Danault is also maybe the best pure defensive C in hockey and holds all the cards on Bargain Bin...so unless we get a new GM, my personal bet is Bargain Bin folds and gives Dan-not-many-goals what he wants...I wouldn't, but our sparkling GM is a moron, so...

Reactions: Redux91

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
I find Jonathan Drouin’s game very similar to Scott Gomez’s game. Carry the puck through the neutral zone and offensive zone. Curls back looking for the trailing open man. That’s all he does. He doesn’t go to the corner, doesn’t check, doesn’t back check, doesn’t cover his guy, loose puck battles. Doesn’t score goals. The guy is on a very long leash. Why? Don’t tell me he gets a free pass because he’s a local boy. This is unacceptable for a first line player who is also the highest paid forward on the team, just unacceptable 2 goals in 50 games counting last season. His last goal was 31 games ago.

If Drouin is not able to be traded, he should be sent to Laval, KK gets sent down for less.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

That's the point production his contract should be based on. But the other factor the contract will be based on is his defensive prowess.

Lowry in Winnipeg just signed for 3.25M AAV and he's a 20 something point producing 3c.

Aces on the road

Oct 27, 2020
Teams needs this kind of wins also.
Armias pass was very nice, quite good from tunnel vision player. Along the boards only elite player in this team. Showed hands also.
Suzy had fresh legs and played very well.
Evans might be in but who he replaces might be surprise.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
They can start by having him join the behind the bench contingent as soon as his AHL season is done.
Oh god people thinking another coach will make a difference. LOL.

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
It sucks. We could really benefit with him being a development coach for another year or two in the AHL. But I would honestly consider him strongly for HC position next season. I don’t want to lose him to another team. I could care less what happens to Ducharme at this point. His decisions have been questionable since he’s taken over. Only way he stays is if he does the impossible in the playoffs.
LOL. All this faith in the 'new coach.' It's all bullshit. It is the draft and talent on the ice that counts. Timmins has sucked rocks for 10 years. And I said it then. Go look at the Rangers. Drafting. My grandmother could coach them and she is dead. Coaching. LOL.

It's not f***ing complicated. You skate fast and score goals on the other net.

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Allen won this game. overall in the league he's 5th in saves above expected, a good goalie analytic.

The team preferred to take counter punches vs. taking the play to the Flames. Not going to win you many games.

Weber still playing the game like the puck is a hand grenade.

Armia has some great puck retrieval skills, great hands overall, can you imagine if he had some Gallagher in him. He'd be a BEAST.
Armia usually plays a great game of keep-away, he keeps it away from the other teams but also his teammates and the other team’s goalie. He did it in the first period but after that he started to move it to his teammates. He doesn’t need to be Gallagher, just a little less Eller

Reactions: azcanuck and 26Mats

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
It sucks. We could really benefit with him being a development coach for another year or two in the AHL. But I would honestly consider him strongly for HC position next season. I don’t want to lose him to another team. I could care less what happens to Ducharme at this point. His decisions have been questionable since he’s taken over. Only way he stays is if he does the impossible in the playoffs.
LOL thinking 'coaches' will make a difference. NOT.

I put this on bergevin and Timmins. Especially Timmins. No coach in the world can fix this. The naivaty about coaches here. LOL.

Last edited:

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
35-40 point pace and adds size/two way play/good board battles. He's a good PK player too. Not saying he's a top 6 guy but the mix of his tools and his floor is rare. Even invisible he brings something. Feel like Byron/Lehkonen are more useless.

Depends how much money he wants given the cap. Also have KK to sign, Tatar, Danault ?

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I think Staal just needs time after the confinement and ajusting to a new team. At least I still have hope.
Agreed. It grosses me out how posters here shit on him. Disgusting. Watch. Watch staal. You will see. In playoffs. I want to leave this board due to the ignorance.

Reactions: Licentia

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Agreed. It grosses me out how posters here shit on him. Disgusting. Watch. Watch staal. You will see. In playoffs. I want to leave this board due to the ignorance.

Would you be offended if I tell you that every time you post, I can almost hear Colonel Klink saying it??...:biglaugh:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I still like losing mete . Was single costing at least goal a game

My point was that we have a 30 page thread about how bad losing him was because people don't like the GM.

If we all started posting everything that Bargain Bin did wrong, the Boards would crash like it was TDL Day...it's been pointed out to you ad naseum, but you keep stirring the pot, so we keep throwing that old broken pot out...so you keep stacking 'em up and we'll keep knockin' 'em down...:thumbu:

If you made points rather than rehashing the fact that you make them I'd be all ears. Saying the GM sucks isn't a point it's an unsupported opinion.

You quoted my post and said you'd provide a negative for each positive the GM has done. Id on't think that's true. Not having anything to point out is very much like most critical posters here who want to be negative but don't want to be objective in their criticism.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Bergevin is a terrible gm except for Toffoli, Edmunson, Allen, Perry, Anderson. Let's get hung up on Mete.

He is becoming a very good GM, IMO. He has been excellent the past 2-3 years, IMO. The problem is that the mistakes he made earlier in his tenure, are still haunting this team. (I was calling for him to be fired years ago, but he has improved since then.)

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I'm curious as to what makes you say that...he's shown nothing so far with Montreal except for lack of effort, imo...interested in your take...
It's 50 years of watching. This guy will come through. He is coasting to rest. He knows the playoffs are all that count.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
If we get to the playoffs, I think that replacing our coaching staff 9 days earlier than Calgary did, is a big reason why. Had Calgary brought Sutter in earlier (which they should have done,) we'd be in big trouble right now.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Armia is huge. No problem on the boards. Not hugeley skilled but can shovel the puck in. He's always at 18 goals a year. I laugh at posters here saying dump him. He is a prototypical playoff player.
the only problem anyone can have with armia is if you are looking for him to not be who he is.

hes a 13 goal player that has the occasional beast game. at a reasonable price, he's someone any team can use

Reactions: Miller Time

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
My point was that we have a 30 page thread about how bad losing him was because people don't like the GM.

...and it's been explained to you ad naseum that it was losing him for nothing when that was completely avoidable and then not replacing the only thing he did well, move the puck, that is the issue that most posters have a problem with...you avoid that small piece like Drouin avoids contact...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad