Post-Game Talk: Habs win all important game against the Flames

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Really have to commend Anderson for all aspects of his game tonight. He's got an active stick in the neutral zone and he plays solid D. He's taking the puck and making something out of nothing, drawing penalties. He's a gamer and we haven't seen the best of him yet.

I must be dreaming seeing a genuine Habs power forward in my lifetime. So happy he signed long term. He's already contributing and he will only get more useful as the skill level increases.
Ander has been the best habs foward this year. And it is not close.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Why does every post you make come across like you just downed a bottle of Jack Daniels before you made it?
Are you my mummy? Sorry Mummy I had a drink. Maybe you shuld too instead of being a bore. This is a fun Habs board. For fun.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Oh please. These last two games were like playoff games. Literally the only team that can realistically catch the Habs and he can’t bother to put in a single positive shift.

If he’s conserving energy, he’s a gutless loser. The likelihood is he just sucks.
Nope. Watch out.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Oh please. These last two games were like playoff games. Literally the only team that can realistically catch the Habs and he can’t bother to put in a single positive shift.

If he’s conserving energy, he’s a gutless loser. The likelihood is he just sucks.
Eric Staal, 'Gutless loser'. LOL. What have you done?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
It's 50 years of watching. This guy will come through. He is coasting to rest. He knows the playoffs are all that count.
Remember that time when he coasted with the Rangers after getting traded then lit it up in the playoffs?

Yeah me neither

And he was 5 years younger

He left his heart in Carolina and his balls in Minnesota. Makes me miss Dwight King

Dwight f***ing King

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
If you made points rather than rehashing the fact that you make them I'd be all ears. Saying the GM sucks isn't a point it's an unsupported opinion.

You quoted my post and said you'd provide a negative for each positive the GM has done. Id on't think that's true. Not having anything to point out is very much like most critical posters here who want to be negative but don't want to be objective in their criticism.

...I can go back literally months and rehash this again with you because I've said it all to you before; maybe it's your memory that is the issue??...so since you can't seem to recall, even though it would be pretty damn easy to find, I'll play nice and list a few Oldies But Goodies:

Sergachev for Drouin...
Subban for Weber...
Lars Eller out, Andrew Shaw in..not only a fail as two separate moves, but cost us a chance to draft Alex DeBrincat...
9 years of not fixing the D despite it being our most glaring need since the Sergachev trade and letting Markov walk
Alexander Radulov walking...
Andrei Markov walking...
Hiring Therrien...
Karl Alzner...
Dwight King...
David Freakin' Desharnais priority over Alex Galchenyuk...
Ass Drafting...
Bargain Bin shopping every deadline instead of either going for it or building for the future...mediocrity is his middle name, after all...
Not getting a proper backup for Price until now despite goaltending being HIS thing (after 3rd pairing Dmen and used up 4th liners)
Steve Ott
Missing the playoffs in 3 of the last 5 years and that includes making them last year when we were 24th overall in the Covid Cup

...I can go on, but since it's like 3:30 am here, I figure this is enough for tonight...and I know you'll just ignore it anyway and then the next time you're called out, you'll forget again...whatever, you'll keep posting this BS and I'll keep updating the list...defend mediocrity, have fun...:thumbu:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Staal will be a monster in the PO. mark me. I LOL at posters peeing their drawers about him. He's cruising. Habs could be very dangerous in round 1 if Price steps up.

What about right now, though? Is he the monster we need to get to the playoffs? His play is hurting us. How about we use those assets who give us a chance to get to the playoffs? Staal’s abysmal play does not make him deserving of being one of those assets.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Watch out for PO Runner. I've been around a looong time. Staal is not done. He's saving his energy. Same with Perry.

I know these types of players can be difference makers in the playoffs but right now, when you have a Staal who is lagging and underperforming — what do you do? We’re not assured of making the playoffs, we need players in the lineup who are contributing now in order to get us there.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Watch out for PO Runner. I've been around a looong time. Staal is not done. He's saving his energy. Same with Perry.
I think it's actually insulting to Perry to suggest he's similar. Maybe he's not being as hard nose/pest like but he's definitely trying to make things happen on the ice offensively.

Might as well bench Staal until playoffs because Evans is better than 'saving it for later' Staal.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Just saw that instead of moving Canadiens game tomorrow to 7pm, which allows them to have 25 hours between start times, they moved the Oilers - Jets game from 10pm to 7pm.

So Montreal goes at 4pm tomorrow & play 2 games in less than 24 hours. :help:
Didn't we already see this happen earlier this season. Not only is this a bad idea. I don't see how the habs will be sharp playing 3 games in 3.9 days.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
It sucks. We could really benefit with him being a development coach for another year or two in the AHL. But I would honestly consider him strongly for HC position next season. I don’t want to lose him to another team. I could care less what happens to Ducharme at this point. His decisions have been questionable since he’s taken over. Only way he stays is if he does the impossible in the playoffs.
You mean makes the second round for the first time in 7 years!

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
My point was that we have a 30 page thread about how bad losing him was because people don't like the GM.

If you made points rather than rehashing the fact that you make them I'd be all ears. Saying the GM sucks isn't a point it's an unsupported opinion.

You quoted my post and said you'd provide a negative for each positive the GM has done. Id on't think that's true. Not having anything to point out is very much like most critical posters here who want to be negative but don't want to be objective in their criticism.

GTFO, the only reason we don't reply is because the entire board has a meltdown and most of us "negative nancies" end upwith infractions. You guys won't accept the FACTS that are put forward. We have been around this mulberry bush to death. Want evidence just go scratch around at the "Best team in 30 years thread" from the beginning of the season. Now come back and look at this team.

Let me break it down to a tl;dr

If MB is so good then why are the habs much worse than where they started the first 2 years of the team he inherited.

Who cares if an individual trade looks good in isolation. It doesn't work in the context of the team. What kind of team have we built??? Why does Karakter matter for some players but doesn't for other.

Is Weber actually better than subban this year-it is actually debatable at this point. Subbans contract 1 season left...weber not till half way through this decade. AND SUBBAN SUCKS, but who gave him that contract after screwing up the initial contract ????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad