Post-Game Talk: Habs win all important game against the Flames

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Toffoli, Anderson, Allen and the Romanov pair were good. The rest were average, except for Weber and Chiarot who were terrible. Drouin invisible, which is progress.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can't stand that Recrutes brute but somehow, he keeps finding ways of embarrassing himself further.

Just saw him tweet how he thinks that Staal must have some undiagnosed medical condition and trying to be funny with something that isn't, he quipped that the condition might be ALS. :facepalm:

Reactions: Andrei79

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Bergevin, why don't you fire whoever it is that recommended Staal's acquisition? Ohhhhhhhhh, that was ... you? :sarcasm:

And waive Staal, so we don't have to hear about not having the cap space to call up Evan's

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
I think Staal just needs time after the confinement and ajusting to a new team. At least I still have hope.

Reactions: Licentia

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I wonder if Armia could be a late bloomer like Petry was.
Absolutely, he already started to bloom last season. +23 goals pace. And as a reward, this organization pissed on him. He started this season with 11min TOI and on 3rd PK pair. Lmao.

There's zero chance that he will sign here. Nada.

Reactions: Aces on the road

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Who do you guys think starts in net tomorrow? Sounds like Price might be back? Or do they give Primeau a look? Or does Allen play back to back?

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Staal will be a monster in the PO. mark me. I LOL at posters peeing their drawers about him. He's cruising. Habs could be very dangerous in round 1 if Price steps up.

True there's no reason not to believe price will be his regular stellar self in the playoffs as he always is. With Staal tho, since attaining him, I've thought that the Habs should try him at 4th line LW with Evans and Perry. He can take strong side faceoffs, play deep in his zone when necessary and wont have to expend nearly as much energy from skating 200 ft the whole game

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Armia is a good player and hope Habs can get him signed at a decent deal looking at what Lowry and Laughton signed.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
yeah i don't really get the armia hate either. Maybe it's because i see him as 2nd/3rd line tweeter who wins puck battles.
Yeah he's inconsistent but he's not there to carry the team offensively and he's not paid like it either.
That line worked tonight because he didn't need to be trigger or set up man
Armia is huge. No problem on the boards. Not hugeley skilled but can shovel the puck in. He's always at 18 goals a year. I laugh at posters here saying dump him. He is a prototypical playoff player.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Problem is we go no replacement options for Weber. Maybe once the quarantines end for the new guys, we can start rotating some D, but we got to truck on with Weber at least for another week.

That said, I do genuinely think Weber needs a bit of a break. I dunno if it’s physical fatigue or mental, or both, but maybe just take a few therapy days. If we make the playoffs, we need him focussed... and on the second pairing.
Agreed. Webs should be playing 16 min a game from now to playoffs. If they make it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad