Post-Game Talk: Habs win all important game against the Flames

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Armia is a good player and hope Habs can get him signed at a decent deal looking at what Lowry and Laughton signed.

Armia is fine but Habs will be full at top 9 wing next season. Anderson, Toffoli, Gallagher, Caufield, Drouin, and maybe Tatar or another LWer. Armia is gonna want security and Habs just can't afford it for a fourth line/ 9th forward role. Unless they can get Lehkonen below 2 mill on a 2 year deal, he shouldnt be resigned either.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Thug life homes!

1280967365603.jpg

Just messing btw bro!
What the f***?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
35-40 point pace and adds size/two way play/good board battles. He's a good PK player too. Not saying he's a top 6 guy but the mix of his tools and his floor is rare. Even invisible he brings something. Feel like Byron/Lehkonen are more useless.
Pity consistency isn't his thing...if it was or ever became so, we hosed Winnipeg...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Armia is fine but Habs will be full at top 9 wing next season. Anderson, Toffoli, Gallagher, Caufield, Drouin, and maybe Tatar or another LWer. Armia is gonna want security and Habs just can't afford it for a fourth line/ 9th forward role. Unless they can get Lehkonen below 2 mill on a 2 year deal, he shouldnt be resigned either.

I hope Habs keep Tatar and trade Drouin in a deal for a LD.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Listening to Joel Bouchard speaking and he is such a rising star in pro hockey. Amazing communicator. Habs better find a way to keep him
I dont give a f*** about coaches. They are all the same. Bad usually. Detrimental. Except Bowman.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I find Jonathan Drouin’s game very similar to Scott Gomez’s game. Carry the puck through the neutral zone and offensive zone. Curls back looking for the trailing open man. That’s all he does. He doesn’t go to the corner, doesn’t check, doesn’t back check, doesn’t cover his guy, loose puck battles. Doesn’t score goals. The guy is on a very long leash. Why? Don’t tell me he gets a free pass because he’s a local boy. This is unacceptable for a first line player who is also the highest paid forward on the team, just unacceptable 2 goals in 50 games counting last season. His last goal was 31 games ago.
They both aren't THE GUY, but Tatar >> Drouin AINEC

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Bergevin, why don't you fire whoever it is that recommended Staal's acquisition? Ohhhhhhhhh, that was ... you? :sarcasm:
Watch out for PO Runner. I've been around a looong time. Staal is not done. He's saving his energy. Same with Perry.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I can't stand that Recrutes brute but somehow, he keeps finding ways of embarrassing himself further.

Just saw him tweet how he thinks that Staal must have some undiagnosed medical condition and trying to be funny with something that isn't, he quipped that the condition might be ALS. :facepalm:
yikes.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Bergevin, why don't you fire whoever it is that recommended Staal's acquisition? Ohhhhhhhhh, that was ... you? :sarcasm:
Kinda a hysterical post for you. Are you on massive drugs tonight? I would not blame you. Times are tough. Not Berlin 1946 tough , where you were starving and there was no butter, but you know, tough. I want you to feel safe. I feel for you Runner.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Really have to commend Anderson for all aspects of his game tonight. He's got an active stick in the neutral zone and he plays solid D. He's taking the puck and making something out of nothing, drawing penalties. He's a gamer and we haven't seen the best of him yet.

I must be dreaming seeing a genuine Habs power forward in my lifetime. So happy he signed long term. He's already contributing and he will only get more useful as the skill level increases.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Really have to commend Anderson for all aspects of his game tonight. He's got an active stick in the neutral zone and he plays solid D. He's taking the puck and making something out of nothing, drawing penalties. He's a gamer and we haven't seen the best of him yet.

I must be dreaming seeing a genuine Habs power forward in my lifetime. So happy he signed long term. He's already contributing and he will only get more useful as the skill level increases.

Yup. When things don’t go his or his team’s way, he tries to do something about it. Domi just pouts like a child and takes dumb penalties because he’s frustrated.

Reactions: Redux91

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Kinda a hysterical post for you. Are you on massive drugs tonight? I would not blame you. Times are tough. Not Berlin 1946 tough , where you were starving and there was no butter, but you know, tough. I want you to feel safe. I feel for you Runner.

Why does every post you make come across like you just downed a bottle of Jack Daniels before you made it?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Watch out for PO Runner. I've been around a looong time. Staal is not done. He's saving his energy. Same with Perry.

Oh please. These last two games were like playoff games. Literally the only team that can realistically catch the Habs and he can’t bother to put in a single positive shift.

If he’s conserving energy, he’s a gutless loser. The likelihood is he just sucks.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
habs can hold their own against any team, but f*** me calagary is a pain to play against...

i wouldn't read too much into it, its just one of those things..

props to allen though, superhuman effort last two games

Reactions: Redux91

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Allen won this game. overall in the league he's 5th in saves above expected, a good goalie analytic.

The team preferred to take counter punches vs. taking the play to the Flames. Not going to win you many games.

Weber still playing the game like the puck is a hand grenade.

Armia has some great puck retrieval skills, great hands overall, can you imagine if he had some Gallagher in him. He'd be a BEAST.

Reactions: Archijerej and 417

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad