Habs Training Camp 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
100% agree with this. When I watch BGally play, his hands and guts are impressive, but I always end up being most impressed with how well he thinks the game. Some posters see his size and say, "top 6 or nothing," but IMO he's smart enough to make a difference at the bottom of the lineup. And I don't think 10min/g in a compressed NHL schedule will hurt his development.

Absolutely. He's the kind of player that coaches love to have. Buys into the system, works his ass off, team first kind of guy who can be used in a lot of game situations. I thought he stood out every time out when I watched him play this year. Not so much offensively, although he certainly has offensive flair, but more in an all-around game type of thing, and especially if you watch where he positions himself when the other team has the puck.

Aeneas

May 21, 2011
Hamilton
so wait...is blunden stil with the team? i know he was placed on waivers yesterday, but its coming across as if he is staying...any clarification?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The roster only has to be submitted by 5 PM to the league.

It's possible they'll evaluate Plekanec's health after the ongoing practice and make another cut if he's deemed ready to go (speculation on my part, would make sense though).

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
Everyone healthy/signed I'd like to see something like this for a few games:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Prust - Armstrong
White

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Kaberle - Bouillon
Diaz

Price
Budaj

if plek and pk missing:

Gallagher - Galchenyuk - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Moen
Prust - White - Armstrong

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Diaz
Kaberle - Bouillon

Price
Budaj

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
The roster only has to be submitted by 5 PM to the league.

It's possible they'll evaluate Plekanec's health after the ongoing practice and make another cut if he's deemed ready to go (speculation on my part, would make sense though).

Doubt it though

Therrien said final cuts would be made prior to practice this morning and that everybody who was there at practice would start with the team

How many guys on the roster now considering Nokelainen is injured?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Luc Gelinas ‏@LucGelinasRDS
Selon ce que l'on voit à l'entraînement, Gallagher est sans doute demeuré à Montréal au cas où Plekanec ne puisse jouer demain.

Gelinas thinks Gallagher is only here as Plekanec insurance.

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
I have very good expectations for Gallagher, I wish they'd leave him in the lineup, I would love to see him on the RW with eller and bourque as a third line.

Also, I have a feeling Diaz will have a good season, he had a great season in swiss league and now I think Therrien is giving him his chance.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
My take on Gallagher is Galcheniuk is there for the 5 games try-out, if he's not that impressive or the team crumble and it's better for him to not be in this type of environnment for the remainder of the year, he get's send back to Sarnia, Bourque goes on the second, Gallagher on the third with Eller.

If Alex is all what he can be, well Gallagher get sent down in a couple of week and he gets the feeling of the NHL, learning the ropes with the big boys and to much suffering in his development

But if they both are still there in 2-3 weeks, than it might become a problem....

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
My take on Gallagher is Galcheniuk is there for the 5 games try-out, if he's not that impressive or the team crumble and it's better for him to not be in this type of environnment for the remainder of the year, he get's send back to Sarnia, Bourque goes on the second, Gallagher on the third with Eller.

If Alex is all what he can be, well Gallagher get sent down in a couple of week and he gets the feeling of the NHL, learning the ropes with the big boys and to much suffering in his development

But if they both are still there in 2-3 weeks, than it might become a problem....

Yeah I don't see a big deal, better to have more bodies around. Let them have a first hand look at Gallagher and maybe give him a game or two. Nothing says Galchenyuk has to play the first 5 games of the season, maybe space it out over 3 weeks. Give them both 5 games then make a call(5 games has no impact on Gallagher's contractual status though). Nokelainen's injury gives them 2-3 weeks to get a look at those two.

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site

If they are both here in 2-3 weeks it's far from a problem, it would mean that both ar exceeding expectations and are playing great so far.

Like I said, I'd like to see this:

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Prust - Armstrong
White

It would be a pretty deep group of forwards, you'd even have great offensive capabilities on the third line and quite a strong 4th line.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

But in that instance you'd have him playing in Hamilton & just call him up. I think all this 'bubble wrapping players' stuff has gone to their heads.

I'm thinking Pleks is a game day decision & Gallagher will be sent down if Pleks can play. But that still doesn't explain why they wouldn't use Dumont instead.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Gallagher and Blunden are the extras at practice.

Gallagher has 20 points in 36 AHL games. Yes, it's good for a really low scoring team, but it's not mind blowing either. He's got plenty to learn down there. Like FB just wrote, you can just keep him down there so he can keep playing and call him up if you need a body.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I think BGally (unlike AGally) is just there as an insurance top 9 forward in case Plekanec can't play tomorrow. If Pleks is ready to go, I think BGally gets sent down without playing.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
Gallagher and Blunden are the extras at practice.

Gallagher has 20 points in 36 AHL games. Yes, it's good for a really low scoring team, but it's not mind blowing either. He's got plenty to learn down there. Like FB just wrote, you can just keep him down there so he can keep playing and call him up if you need a body.

So are you saying that, at this point, AGally is already better than BGally?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I think BGally (unlike AGally) is just there as an insurance top 9 forward in case Plekanec can't play tomorrow. If Pleks is ready to go, I think BGally gets sent down without playing.

Of course. This is should be blatantly obvious to anyone but people around here need something to whine about.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
So are you saying that, at this point, AGally is already better than BGally?

Third overall pick who is physically mature and a big body something this team sorely needs versus late round pick whose small and has shown some difficulty in lower league at producing. I think galchenyuks the right player to have up and leave baby g down in the minors to develop let him get the full year and reevaluate in the fall

PunkinDrublic*

Luc Gelinas ‏@LucGelinasRDS
Selon ce que l'on voit à l'entraînement, Gallagher est sans doute demeuré à Montréal au cas où Plekanec ne puisse jouer demain.

Gelinas thinks Gallagher is only here as Plekanec insurance.

Gelinas hahahahaha :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad