Habs Training Camp 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
Third overall pick who is physically mature and a big body something this team sorely needs versus late round pick whose small and has shown some difficulty in lower league at producing. I think galchenyuks the right player to have up and leave baby g down in the minors to develop let him get the full year and reevaluate in the fall

Gallagher is at the top of Bulldogs scoring with Dumont, as a 20 year old in a lockout year, despite an 8.5 shooting %. He was well over a ppg in the WHL for three seasons. Maybe it is best to send him back to Hamilton, but not because of any lack of production.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
saw a tweet, that the lines are
Patches-DD-Cole
Gally-Plek-Gio
Moen-Eller-Bourque
Prust-White-Armstrong

Markov-Emelin
Kaberle-Gorges
Bouillon-Daiz
Weber

with Blunden and Gallagher the extra

I think Gallagher is here until Subban is signed, I know its different position, but its a roster spot, and maybe they see Gallagher as the next guy up if injuries happen, and giving him a few more practices with the club.

And Blunded here until Noke is back from his injury.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think they also want to keep Gallagher's confidence high by keeping him until the last possible moment.

Keep chasing that carrot, young BGally.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Right now, who's better between Gallagher and Galchenyuk ?
Honestly, none of them impress me in the games that I've watched.

I think that people get excited for their potential, not for their actual performance.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Disagree. More like 20%. 40% is energic puck battles in the corner and using the opportunity for roughing up the opposing top lines

If you send your 4th line against the opponents top line... you're not being a very responsible coach (thankfully our 4th line looks like they can handle it on paper)

I think that people get excited for their potential, not for their actual performance.

Their actual performance in a limited contact scrimmage? How about their performance in the week-long pre season? Seems like Therrien thinks they both got what it takes

PricePkPatch*

If you send your 4th line against the opponents top line... you're not being a very responsible coach (thankfully our 4th line looks like they can handle it on paper)

Say that to 2011 Bruins. Their 4th line dominated the Sedins.

You need to send the 4th lines in opportune moments. And that might very well means against the opponent's top lines when they have been bottled up or when they just have been called on an icing call.

It's supposed to be the sledgehammer that tenderize the opposition.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Patches-DD-Cole
Gally-Plek-Gio
Moen-Eller-Bourque
Prust-White-Armstrong

Markov-Emelin
Kaberle-Gorges
Bouillon-Daiz
Weber

I think Gallagher is here until Subban is signed, I know its different position, but its a roster spot, and maybe they see Gallagher as the next guy up if injuries happen, and giving him a few more practices with the club.

Like our forwards. Horrible D.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Price officially starting tomorrow.

ArponBasu:
Therrien says Price will play tomorrow. Says he told him, "Don't worry coach, I'll be there."

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal

You need to send the 4th lines in opportune moments. And that might very well means against the opponent's top lines when they have been bottled up or when they just have been called on an icing call.

The Sedins were mostly on the ice against Marchand and Bergeron, along with a mix of Recchi, Krejci and Peverley. Here are the Boston wins:

Game 3
Game 4
Game 6
Game 7

In these games, Thornton's minutes vs DSedin range from 0.5 to 3.6.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Since Galchenyuk attracts so much attention, the french media have yet to realize that only 2 Québécois made the team.

Hopefully they'll remain quiet about this situation.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Dave_Stubbs:
Therrien: "looks like" Pleky is in tomorrow #Habs

ArponBasu:
Therrien says Plekanec "looks like" he will be in #Habs lineup tomorrow, final decision made after morning skate

Good news!

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Yeah I don't see a big deal, better to have more bodies around. Let them have a first hand look at Gallagher and maybe give him a game or two. Nothing says Galchenyuk has to play the first 5 games of the season, maybe space it out over 3 weeks. Give them both 5 games then make a call(5 games has no impact on Gallagher's contractual status though). Nokelainen's injury gives them 2-3 weeks to get a look at those two.

Bad idea imo. Galchenyuk has to play, either in the NHL or in Sarnia. Would be ridiculously stupid to leave him in the pressbox for half the games.

void

Jan 5, 2006
ArponBasu:
Therrien says there's no link between Gallagher making club and Plekanec's health. Says would be "very surprised" if Plekanec doesn't play

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
ArponBasu:
Therrien says there's no link between Gallagher making club and Plekanec's health. Says would be "very surprised" if Plekanec doesn't play
So Gallagher will be the Habs' Rudy? I can't see Therrien benching vets so I guess White will be rotated with him.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Patches-DD-Cole
Gally-Plek-Gio
Moen-Eller-Bourque
Prust-White-Armstrong

Markov-Emelin
Kaberle-Gorges
Bouillon-Daiz
Weber

I'd have Dumont instead of Gallagher. And no need for a 23rd player at the moment. Keep it at 22, Blunden already cleared waivers, so send him back down. Gallagher needs to play. Top scorer for Hamilton is better for him right now than pressbox in Montreal.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Thank god Plecky is playing. Not a player you want to start your home opener without against the Leafs. Especially with a lot of rookies up front.

PunkinDrublic*

and what games would that be ? :shakehead

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

I would say that to the 2011 Bruins.. because they rarely matched up against the sedins and they were regarded as the best 4th line in the league.

They are meant to regain or maintain momentum while the top 3 lines rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad