Habs Training Camp 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Bad idea imo. Galchenyuk has to play, either in the NHL or in Sarnia. Would be ridiculously stupid to leave him in the pressbox for half the games.

Missing 5 Sarnia games to spend another 10-12 days with the NHL team wouldn't be stupid. If it was 2 months I would agree, but missing 4-5 junior games won't derail his development. Just being with NHLers and having NHL practices and coaches will be a good experience.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I thought that I heard somewhere that he was PO'd about the CBA and considered retiring or something like that. Glad that's not the case.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I thought that I heard somewhere that he was PO'd about the CBA and considered retiring or something like that. Glad that's not the case.

Only after the season he may retire.

TSN still thinks Gallagher is junior aged or doesn't understand the rules. :facepalm:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413863

On Friday, the club set their 23-man-roster that included 20-year-old right winger Brendan Gallagher and 18-year-old Alex Galchenyuk.

Both players can play up to five NHL games this season and still be sent back to junior without using up a year on their entry-level contracts.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Thanks guys, forgive my ignorance on the subject but I'm doing a last minute scramble for a hockey pool.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Very awesome to see that Gallagher is staying up. But I really, really, really hope we aren't going to use him as a 4th liner.

Or is he only here in-case Pleks can't go?

Also assuming this means Noke is going on the IR?

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Prust - Armstrong
White

Markov - Emelin
Kaberle - Gorges
Bouillon - Diaz
Weber

??

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
Very awesome to see that Gallagher is staying up. But I really, really, really hope we aren't going to use him as a 4th liner.

Or is he only here in-case Pleks can't go?

Also assuming this means Noke is going on the IR?

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Prust - Armstrong
White

??

I'm assuming (with no basis for this whatsoever) that Gallagher is still with the team because they will be trading Bourque in order to clear cap space for Subban's long term contract.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm assuming (with no basis for this whatsoever) that Gallagher is still with the team because they will be trading Bourque in order to clear cap space for Subban's long term contract.
I highly doubt we're moving Bourque. His value is low despite being a 30-goal scorer right now.

Bergevin isn't going to budge. We're not giving Subban $6M a year.

If we keep up Gallagher and sit him in the pressbox though, I'm going to be pissed. He was practicing as an extra today.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV
Gorges: It's always great to see what the future holds & our future looks bright. You look at DD/Max/AG/BG & it looks good for years to come

it's amazing how in just one week we have gone from "Gauthier and Gainey ruined this team for years to come" to "the future looks bright"

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

They have plenty of cap room to sign Subban. Best thing they can do it let Bourque play and get off to a hot start or have a good season THEN move him. At his cap hit if he is on a 25 goal pace he should be easy to move.

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
They have plenty of cap room to sign Subban. Best thing they can do it let Bourque play and get off to a hot start or have a good season THEN move him. At his cap hit if he is on a 25 goal pace he should be easy to move.

Plenty of cap space at what the Habs are offering, not at what Subban is asking (allegedly).

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Gally-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Bourque
Prust-White-Armstrong

Gallagher and Blunden, i don't understand why we kept them. Even in practice today, Gallagher and Blunden were not part of those lines above.

I can understand they want to keep Blunden up until Nokelainen is ready. But put Gallagher in AHL for this year.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Glad Gallagher stayed up, he nearly made it last year so it's good he gets a chance. He could learn a lot from being around Gionta and learning to play bigger than his stature against the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad