Habs Training Camp 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Plenty of cap space at what the Habs are offering, not at what Subban is asking (allegedly).

They could sign him today for an 8 mil cap hit if they wanted...but that would be ridiculous. They have 4.27 in cap room, can get 575k by putting Nioke on IR, 800k by sending Gallagher down plus 2.5 mil in bonus cusion.

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
They could sign him today for an 8 mil cap hit if they wanted...but that would be ridiculous. They have 4.27 in cap room, can get 575k by putting Nioke on IR, 800k by sending Gallagher down plus 2.5 mil in bonus cusion.

You're right, they could. I explained in the other thread why I think useing the bonus cushion is a huge mistake, but it is possible.

EDIT: I just learned in the other thread that my understanding of the bonus cushion was wrong. I'm not as opposed to it anymore.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
You're right, they could. I explained in the other thread why I think useing the bonus cushion is a huge mistake, but it is possible.

They shouldn't have to. Most young players in his situation have signed for 5-6-7 years at 5-6 mil. At 6 years 36 mil we should still be ok. Part of the bonus cusion is Gallagher, doubtful both he and Gally stick all year and earn those.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
They shouldn't have to. Most young players in his situation have signed for 5-6-7 years at 5-6 mil. At 6 years 36 mil we should still be ok. Part of the bonus cusion is Gallagher, doubtful both he and Gally stick all year and earn those.

How can anyone take what you say seriously when you welch on bets that you lost?? :shakehead

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
I think Gallagher will be excellent with the Habs, but I do question where he'll play.

I always figured Blunden would hang around. Better to have him as the 13th forward than Dumont.

Charon

Jul 24, 2008
My guess is that Gallagher is up in case Plekanec can't go tomorrow. It's also possible that White sits the first game to let Gallagher in. I don't think it'll be a bad idea for Gallagher to get a game or two in in the Bigs. He can learn a thing or two from Desharnais and Gionta about how to succeed in the NHL with a small stature.

My guesses for the lineup:

No White:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Bourque
Prust-Armstrong-Gallagher

No Pleks:

Bourque-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-White-Armstrong

No Gallagher:

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Bourque
Prust-White-Armstrong

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Eller is going to get a decent amount of time as a secondary scoring threat I really hopes he produces. He can become a pleks-like centre, has great balance and hands.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I hope White doesn't get benched. I prefer him on the 4th line over Gallagher.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I hope White doesn't get benched. I prefer him on the 4th line over Gallagher.
Me too.

But I'd prefer Moen to move down and Gallagher up to the 3rd line. Then I'm okay with White being on the bench even if I'm a big fan.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Patches-Desharnais-Cole
Gally-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Bourque
Prust-White-Armstrong

Gallagher and Blunden, i don't understand why we kept them. Even in practice today, Gallagher and Blunden were not part of those lines above.

I can understand they want to keep Blunden up until Nokelainen is ready. But put Gallagher in AHL for this year.

I am really excited about this group of forwards.
3 lines that can score and 1 that can intimidate!

Now with kids like Gallagher and Kristo, Collberg, Hudon etc developing.

Drop the puck already!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->