Habs Training Camp 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs
#Habs cuts: Holland, Dumont, Bournival, Leblanc, St-Denis, Tinordi, Commodore

Gallagher, Blunden and Galchenyuk stay with the team.

C: 3
Tomas Plekanec (injured)
David Desharnais
Lars Eller
Ryan White

Petteri Nokelainen (injured)

W: 10
Max Pacioretty
Erik Cole
Brian Gionta
Alex Galchenyuk
Rene Bourque
Brandon Prust
Travis Moen
Colby Armstrong
Mike Blunden
Brendan Gallagher

D: 7
P.K. Subban (unsigned)
Andrei Markov
Josh Gorges
Tomas Kaberle
Raphael Diaz
Alexei Emelin
Francis Bouillon
Yannick Weber

G: 2
Carey Price (injured but minor)
Peter Budaj

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Gorges carried PK's defensive side of the game like a baby in his arms. If anyone was sheltered it was PK. You seem to be conveniently forgetting Kaberle was coming off a terrible situation in Carolina and changed teams three times in the span of a year. Most players don't learn the system of a new team that quickly.

Bruins tried to sign him, that is the point. If you want to argue semantics go ahead.

If you think PK was sheltered by playing with the 2nd best D on the team....against the top offensive threats of the other team, then you have a blind spot for PK. That is like saying Shea Weber was sheltered by playing with Ryan Suter. The #1 plays with the #2.

Regarding Kaberle, you originally said the Bruins tried to resign him. I asked how you could state that, was there any documentation of it. Just repeating it does not make it any more supported by fact.

Listen, I hope Kaberle is awesome this year. He clearly has not been for around 2 full seasons. My fingers are crossed for a turn around.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
If Plekanec is healthy and both Gallies are in the lineup, I'm guessing Armstrong will start in the press box?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If Plekanec is healthy and both Gallies are in the lineup, I'm guessing Armstrong will start in the press box?

Or Prust plays centre and White is in the pressbox, I'd be shocked to not see Armstrong tomorrow since MT loves him and its a big game against his old team.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If you think PK was sheltered by playing with the 2nd best D on the team....against the top offensive threats of the other team, then you have a blind spot for PK. That is like saying Shea Weber was sheltered by playing with Ryan Suter. The #1 plays with the #2.

Regarding Kaberle, you originally said the Bruins tried to resign him. I asked how you could state that, was there any documentation of it. Just repeating it does not make it any more supported by fact.

Listen, I hope Kaberle is awesome this year. He clearly has not been for around 2 full seasons. My fingers are crossed for a turn around.

Chiarelli even says in the article taht they wanted him back but obviously didn't divulge numbers.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2011/06/30/sp-bruins-kaberle.html

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
If Pleks is out, I'd rather have an Armstrong - Dumont - White line than Armstrong - White - Gallagher line. I am not a believer in White as a NHL center at all.

Dumont has completely outplayed and produced Gallagher in recent weeks in the AHL too. It's Dumont's 3rd AHL year, while Gallagher is a rookie. This is comparable to the rushing of Leblanc to the NHL to barely play last year.

This decision is puzzling from a roster standpoint and a development standpoint. Gallagher better only be here for a few days until Plekanec is healthy enough to play.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Yeah but that means they were planning on sending him down before his game last night. They must've been impressed by his play in the scrimmage.

They were still undecided. They had to waive Blunden yesterday in case he didn't make the team.

Last edited:

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
From the few games I've seen Gallagher play this year I am not surprised he made the team. Smart kid on the ice. Does everything well with and without the puck. Always like seeing the little guy make it. Usually they are extremely hard workers.

SaskRinkRat

Apr 1, 2010
For those who saw the intrasquad last night, how did Commordore look? I've always liked him as a personality and he seems like a good team guy. I'm rooting for him a bit.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Gallagher making the team is a huge surprise to me. I know he had a great camp but I believed their plan was to send him back to Hamilton no matter what. Congratulations to him.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
From the few games I've seen Gallagher play this year I am not surprised he made the team. Smart kid on the ice. Does everything well with and without the puck. Always like seeing the little guy make it. Usually they are extremely hard workers.

100% agree with this. When I watch BGally play, his hands and guts are impressive, but I always end up being most impressed with how well he thinks the game. Some posters see his size and say, "top 6 or nothing," but IMO he's smart enough to make a difference at the bottom of the lineup. And I don't think 10min/g in a compressed NHL schedule will hurt his development.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
For those who saw the intrasquad last night, how did Commordore look? I've always liked him as a personality and he seems like a good team guy. I'm rooting for him a bit.

He was okieeeee, nothing fancy. Was taking it a little more seriously than the others IMO though, would use his body more than the other guys were doing.

Took 2-3 shoots, got them all through to the net, a skill that IMO has been missing on the Habs since Schneider due to Markov injuries ... do you all remember how many times Spacek would get his shot blocked?

He seems like a really nice guy, was the first guy to throw pucks into the stands after the scrimmage and gave away his stick to a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad