Post-Game Talk: Habs survive and beat Calgary to take a 6pt lead for 4th

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Not happy to see Caufield brought up, should let him develop in the minors although difficult with COVID etc. Hopefully it another ruined prospect

Reactions: CHwest

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
The playoffs are effectively set. The flames have 8 games left and need 3.5 wins to get ahead of the Canadiens. Mathematically possible, but unlikely

If the Flames catch us they'd only have to tie us as in order to do so they'd have to pass us in wins.

That being said if we consider the following:
Habs win = 2
Flames Loss = 2
Habs OT loss = 1
Flames OT loss = 1

Any combination in the Habs last 9 and Flames last 8 that equals 11 and we make the playoffs.

Say Habs Go

3-3-3 in our last 9 that's 9 points, thus meaning if the flames lose 1 game in regulation or 2 in overtime they are eliminated.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Leafs PP has been bad all season and they are still scoring
My girlfriend is a leaf fan so i watch the games with her.

You can say anything about OT but still the sole reason we are in playoffs are because of those loser points.

I always said they are only loser points when you don’t make the playoffs.

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I also believe he can slide into that 3rd center spot and Poehling moves into the 4th line position.

Danault is done in Montreal.

Considering a younger and better Elias Lindholm only makes 4.8m I have a hard time digesting anything over 4.5m for Danault. Lindholm may be due for a raise but still it shows how skewed his salary demands really are.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
This team is still in shambles, yet I still truly believe if they make the playoffs, they will eliminate the Leafs in the 1st round and then lose in the 2nd.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Considering a younger and better Elias Lindholm only makes 4.8m I have a hard time digesting anything over 4.5m for Danault. Lindholm may be due for a raise but still it shows how skewed his salary demands really are.
When Lindholm signed his contract, he was a worse player than Danault is right now, and a RFA on top of this. Had he been a UFA (which obviously implies he would have been older), he probably would have gotten 5-5.5M/year. He exploded in a way no one (not even himself) could have expected after signing. He'd easily get offers in the 7-8M/year range if he were to sign a new contract today, if not more.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
When Lindholm signed his contract, he was a worse player than Danault is right now, and a RFA on top of this. Had he been a UFA (which obviously implies he would have been older), he probably would have gotten 5-5.5M/year. He exploded in a way no one (not even himself) could have expected after signing. He'd easily get offers in the 7-8M/year range if he were to sign a new contract today, if not more.

I don’t think the market is where you think it is.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That play only works on full/pink super moons.

The funny thing about it was, I was cursing thr tv for leaving basically the same players on the ice, except Caufield, for a 5 on 3 - and bringing on Weber - and having Weber and Petry, two righties at the points on a 5 on 3, so only one one time option - and then when they started to switch so Weber wasn't going to be the shooter, but rather the distributor - and then boom - ahhhhhh, that sneaky sneaky Burrows...

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Man Suzuki worries me. He always looks gased out there, falling down, slow... Hopefully he can get his game back on track for playoffs if we get in.

Reactions: Canadienna

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
MTL has been lucky with the posts tonight. Not a lot of scoring chances, and I don t care CGY plays a boring Hockey style, OTT scores 6 against them...

on the positive side, the centers all produced a good defensive game and a good transition game. Great to see Evans back, he and Lekhonen have had a good defensive game. Merril and Allen have been solid, Edmunson Petry to a lesser extent. Gustafsson puckhandling is great

on the negative side, Gustafsson is lost without the puck, this is scary, Chiarot Weber is slow and does not generate transitions or proper offensive support, the PK is completely messed up with sometimes 3 players around one offensive player. The PP with Petry Weber is too obvious and only aims at setting up Weber, yes he scored but that was 5 on 3. Staal is so slow and useless that it is sad for such a player.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
HVv4gzS.jpg
Bilbo is an excellent nickname for CC :)

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Decent game....

Anderson....wow, he's tough everywhere and plays 200 ft game as good as anyone.

Toffoli....where would we be without him?

Caufield....the very definition of a perimeter game. He better have more fight in him or he's an AHL journeyman. Yes, I now it's his first game, but it was weak. He got pinned in Calgary zone and he didn't try to fight it even a tiny bit. We'll see...

Reactions: dnl4ever

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Mixed feelings for sure lol

Still so pissed at ducharme f***
I wish I could've bet a million dollars months ago the first center caufield would play with in the NHL was gonna be danault lmao, fml
playing with danault is a huge compliment. guy goes against top lines every night. it means they trust him

Reactions: Walrus26

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Decent game....

Caufield....the very definition of a perimeter game. He better have more fight in him or he's an AHL journeyman. Yes, I now it's his first game, but it was weak. He got pinned in Calgary zone and he didn't try to fight it even a tiny bit. We'll see...

I hope Toffoli ends up on a lot of Hart ballots this season. He’ll likely never sniff this type of success again in his career and this is very likely a one off season for him. But he deserves some recognition for what he’s done. Without him, this team doesn’t sniff a playoff spot.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Decent game....

Stop right there criminal. Don't talk about Caufield like this like what the f***?

I would like to see how you would do if you were in his shoes. You would probably fail badly and not even shoot at the net once, right? right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad