Post-Game Talk: Habs survive and beat Calgary to take a 6pt lead for 4th

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
If everyone’s healthy come playoff time it’ll be interestIng what they’ll do with their forward lineup. I know they won’t go with this (because Ducharme will want Drouin and Staal in the lineup) but I’d like to see:

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Toffoli-Suzuki-Armia
Caufield-KK-Anderson
Lehkonen-Evans-Perry

Reactions: mols47 and Gravity

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Cap's going to be a shitshow coming up.

As I understand it, Drouin or Byron comes back, one of Evans and Cole are gone because their emergency call up is void. Both come back, they're both gone and then we can only recall one of them or Romanov until the end of the season.

I could be wrong about all of that but still. Too many players, too little spots.
Yeah, I think Cole won't play another game. That was his Poehling moment. Evans will stick, because he's proven to be valuable in the trenches today. But kiddo won't. Too many bodies up front. He's going back either to the Taxi/Uber squad or Laval until the end of the season.

Reactions: Runner77

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Tatar is gone, we hopefully can ditch Weber's contract... There are challenges for sure.
I don't even mean past this year though, I mean just these next 10 games. Cole got lucky that we had two guys out or he doesn't play yet again, all because of the cap. Now Evans plays really well too, and will still probably have to sit if one of Drou/Byron comes back.

The one year Bergevin spends to the cap he goes RIGHT against it. We meant get closer, boss, not ram into it like a bull.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
But why though?

Right before the playoffs, losing NHL depth when you don't need too?

There's no point...losing his salary doesn't benefit the Habs right now.
You think somebody is going to claim him?

The benefit is having Romanov in the lineup. I want him to get ice, esp before the playoffs. He's probably our 2nd best defender right now.

RandR

May 15, 2011
I only watched one period because it is so boring to watch these 2 teams play. Staal should be scratched, but at least the box score showed that he played almost 3 minutes less than any other forward. So that is a good thing.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Somebody needs to do this to Chiarot:
200.gif
He has the hockey sense of a chipmunk.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Yeah, I think Cole won't play another game. That was his Poehling moment. Evans will stick, because he's proven to be valuable in the trenches today. But kiddo won't. Too many bodies up front. He's going back either to the Taxi/Uber squad or Laval until the end of the season.
Which is crap because it's not based on merit, it's based on cap and locker room politics. If Eric Staal isn't "ERIC STAAL", we probably cut our losses and sit/waive the guy by now.

He deserves a way longer look but probably won't get another one.

Reactions: dinodebino

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
I only watched one period because it is so boring to watch these 2 teams play. Staal should be scratched, but at least the box score showed that he played almost 3 minutes less than any other forward. So that is a good thing.
Evans played really well but Staal wasn’t bad. That was a decent line tonight with Lekhonen.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I swear Weber and Chairot have a contest of who can be worse.

Evans i think can replace Danault in short time

Allen was good but at times a Rebound Pez dispenser

Thank god these game vs Calgary are over. I think Cgy ice maintenance purposely makes the ice shit to match the Flames style
The Flames are a much faster team than us. The poor ice condition favored us.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Don't worry, they will be out in full force the next time we lose

I want habs PO hockey as bad as the next guy. However what I want more is to go in a serious contender rather than sneaking in the last spot hoping to win a series.

I hope they get in but am tired of the same song and dance. This year has been nothing to remember.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Don't worry, they will be out in full force the next time we lose

This was the 4 point games of all 4 point games. We won so we’re 6 points ahead. If we lost, it would’ve been pretty ugly as they would’ve been 2 points behind with us having 7 games against the top 3 teams in the division and 4 against the Leafs. The team absolutely deserves the criticism for their putrid play down the stretch and their inability to create way more distance between Calgary and Vancouver. Those teams should’ve been out of the playoff picture completely awhile ago.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I'll say this for the 100th time but KK and CC should be linemates. It should be Anderson-KK-CC
it is coming, but again a team like calgary, they put him in the right spot. I want to criticise., but there is nothing to criticise nor on his line nor about his linemates

Reactions: Gravity

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I really hope whoever gets the nod next year realizes you can play your 5 best players 75% of the time on the PP. This is how all great PPs are around the league... this two wave BS that has been going on for two years now is hurting my brain.
Totally. If mcdavid is playing whole 2 minutes. Our best player can play 1:30.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I really hope whoever gets the nod next year realizes you can play your 5 best players 75% of the time on the PP. This is how all great PPs are around the league... this two wave BS that has been going on for two years now is hurting my brain.

It’s easy to go with a 75% of the time PP when you have elite level players you can send out there. Habs are patching in players who might be 2nd liners or middle sixers on many other teams, hence the two wave BS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad