Post-Game Talk: Habs survive and beat Calgary to take a 6pt lead for 4th

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Indeed but that was one round, what happened next round already ? ;)
who cares (this time I mean) If we only won a single round this year and it was the Leafs we beat I would be totally fine with that to be honest. This team still needs lots of work but that would do it for me this year for sure.

Reactions: le_sean

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
who cares (this time I mean) If we only won a single round this year and it was the Leafs we beat I would be totally fine with that to be honest. This team still needs lots of work but that would do it for me this year for sure.

...OK, so let's say we do wander our way in to 4th and at least make it a series; Bergevin is probably back next year in this case and we continue with this regime...is that a successful year??...

whorocksthesocks

Jan 19, 2015

Anyone who honestly doesn't want to watch their team play in the playoffs for "muh draft" isn't much of a fan imo.

Reactions: akratique and Yoor

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Anyone who honestly doesn't want to watch their team play in the playoffs for "muh draft" isn't much of a fan imo.

I haven't seen anyone in here say they want to miss this year for a lottery pick in this draft...most, if not all, want a Regime change with Bargain Bin gone because they do not see us having success until said moron is fired...

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I haven't seen anyone in here say they want to miss this year for a lottery pick in this draft...most, if not all, want a Regime change with Bargain Bin gone because they do not see us having success until said moron is fired...

He won't be fired. He has a year left. All he needs to do for the next year is at least achieve 2 of the following 3:

Get rid of the Byron contract
Get rid of the Drouin contract
Mutual termination of Weber's contract

Realistically he won't achieve all three but if he gets 2 of the 3, I'll be content. I don't want him signing anyone to a long term contract (short term is fine depending on who it is). And if we're being honest (if he does 2 of the 3), he has pretty much set up the next GM quite nicely in terms of a future core, a good prospect pool, draft stock, and decent cap management.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
...OK, so let's say we do wander our way in to 4th and at least make it a series; Bergevin is probably back next year in this case and we continue with this regime...is that a successful year??...
Like I said, I would be quite happy with an epic win over the Laffs this season-so I guess it depends who you ask. I know the majority of people want MB out and I think it is time for him to go also BUT those things are out of our control and a loss in the 1st round or missing the playoffs doesn't guarantee anything in regards to management change.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Price has had alot of injuries but I don't recall him being diagnosed with a concussion before.

We know so little about concussions at this point, but we do know Price has been bulled over so many times in his career, and this looked like nothing compared to alot of collisions he's had. I think it shows how randomly a concussion can happen.

He had one in 2012 and another that caused him to miss substantial time in 2018.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I mean, they were doing well just before Gallagher got hurt, and I'm talking more big picture since they were created as a unit. I'm just saying it might be more instinctive for them knowing they have another guy on their line who never meets a shot he doesn't like. It could help re-create some of that synergy they have with Gallagher.
Agreed. Gally is a really different player though. He'll go to dirty areas and he does shoot from everywhere. However, he doesn't have the shot or hands that Caulfield does. Caulfield isn't that dirty area type of player. Even the goals that Gally gets, I'll bet Tatar and Danault don't have a ton of input on.

Reactions: JianYang

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Agreed. Gally is a really different player though. He'll go to dirty areas and he does shoot from everywhere. However, he doesn't have the shot or hands that Caulfield does. Caulfield isn't that dirty area type of player. Even the goals that Gally gets, I'll bet Tatar and Danault don't have a ton of input on.

I think Cole Caufield is a pretty cool guy. eh shoots from everywhare and doesnt afraid of anything.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
...missed it again last night...seems I didn't miss much...Ken Reid on Leafsnet said it was like watching paint dry...quick rundown, anyone??...:laugh:

How do you feel about watching chess as a spectator sport? or watching one of those mystery suspense movies anticipating something to happen,and the it ends. Dull,tight,boring, come to think of it, all that kind of describes a former spouse:eek2:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
How do you feel about watching chess as a spectator sport? or watching one of those mystery suspense movies anticipating something to happen,and the it ends. Dull,tight,boring, come to think of it, all that kind of describes a former spouse:eek2:

...so basically like spending time with my ex wife...glad I missed it...:laugh:

Reactions: angusyoung

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
At this point, we're either picking 16th or wherever. This is kind of a meh draft year anyways so I'm not sweating it too much.

Don't get me wrong... I was all for the play like shit and rebuild but I'm kind of worn out of the playing like shit and NOT rebuilding. Personally, I'd rather have some playoff hockey, especially for this year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I'm a huge fan. I'm actually pretty happy, because I would be happy either way.

Get into the playoffs: we see playoff hockey (with this team we could easily lose in the first round or easily win a couple rounds, even 3 or 4)

Miss the playoffs: add a lottery pick which will help us for the next 10-15 years (our last 6 lottery picks have been Caufield, Kotkaniemi, Sergachev, Galchenyuk (who turned into Josh Anderson), Mcdonagh, and Price). AK46 is the only lottery pick that didn't pan out under the current scouting department (and even he gave us 26 goals and 50 points before being turned into a 2nd, which was Lehkonen).

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Bergevin is going to get a fat extension for bringing us into the playoffs against all hardships, even when we are inevitably a one and done.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Of course. Cause I guarantee this place will hate whoever the next GM is too. Julien was a target until he left and I am not sure Ducharme is better.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Of course. Cause I guarantee this place will hate whoever the next GM is too. Julien was a target until he left and I am not sure Ducharme is better.

Ducharme isn't and is just another in the long line of shyte coaches who abide by the same philosophy; that's the problem...the Montreal Canadiens as an Organization need a new direction and it's pretty plainly obvious...

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
At this point, we're either picking 16th or wherever. This is kind of a meh draft year anyways so I'm not sweating it too much.

Don't get me wrong... I was all for the play like shit and rebuild but I'm kind of worn out of the playing like shit and NOT rebuilding. Personally, I'd rather have some playoff hockey, especially for this year.

You might just get both this year,playoffs and then some huge changes coming,at least there should be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->