Post-Game Talk: Habs Steamroll Wings 7-3 -- Pleky with 1000th NHL game!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Kotkaniemi out.
Scherback in.

We need to see what he can do on the 2nd line and the 2nd powerplay unit.
Really not a fan of Domi at the blue line on the powerplay ...

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Habs fans when Kotkaniemi gets a point

giphy.gif

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Kotkaniemi out.
Scherback in.

We need to see what he can do on the 2nd line and the 2nd powerplay unit.
Really not a fan of Domi at the blue line on the powerplay ...
0 reason to take KK out. he's our only legitimate C and drives play 5 on 5. he's last to go out...there's a number of wingers who can sit instead

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Nice win but I want to see how they play against St Louis. that will be telling. Another big team like L.A.

Agreed.

I'll also add that they have skill and speed throughout the lineup. They've become fairly deep down the middle as well. They can ice a crafty, skilled great skating center in Thomas as their thirs line C.

With Carolina, they're my favorite up and comers for this year.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Coach talking about how Tatar loves playing hockey and how contagious it is...

Ever had that feeling about our cherry-picking former captain?

I'll upgrade my expectations from soul-murdering bottom dwelling to soul-crushing playoff miss.

Reactions: Redux91

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Some time at AHL level would had been good for him.

Whats he going to learn in the AHL? Its not like he doesn't know how to make a pass or shoot on net. He makes a few good offensive plays a game. Lets not forget he had his goal taken away from him last night.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
This team has gotten rid of its last two locker room cancers this summer and it definitely shows on the ice.

I think outside of HF, Habs fans have probably underrated Suzuki in the return for Pacioretty. But on HF, people definitely underrated the part Tatar will play in this deal. This is turning out to be a great trade.

It's turning to the Craig Rivet trade.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Juulsen with a team high 4 give away, some were ugly. I know, I know.....patience

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He doesn't think fast enough. He kills plays on the PP. He's not a particularly good shooter. The last play was nice, but Detroit's D is terrible. They're missing 4 regulars back there.

He's a good possession player and great at stealing pucks, but it often doesn't lead to much.
You're right that he doesn't think fast enough...

Still a very useful player

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Kotkaniemi played 15:10, almost 2 minutes more than Danault. He had a few shifts where he struggled but overall he played a good bit. Developing fine. This coaching staff I believe knows what they are doing

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
This is a player who's usually high compete, play driving and making plays all over the ice. He's just not ready atm.

I disagree with such a definitive pronouncement. He had strong games early on where he not only showed that he belonged but was actually an above average player in every facet of the games. People here are two quick to jump throw the towel on every player (even the pros) after the smallest samples.

Kotkaniemi will have poorer stretches and some good ones. He definitely has the hockey sense, puck handling and playmaking to a superior level. It is also extremely uncommon for me to see such a young player able to generate offense at times while being so responsible defensively. He's been flat for the last 2-3 games but the abilities are still there.

Some people here are extremely harsh on Danault, for that reason we all know about, but despite being underrated on this board, the fact is Danault is not an ideal scoring line center. And the Habs have questions marks there. At any time, Kotkaniemi can emerge as the go-to guy.

I think it may be time to sit Kotkaniemi for a game or two before continuing the nine game experiment. But it's tough justifying that after a huge win. I know the ultimate decision is a tough call but I'm personally more comfortable with him in Montreal than going back to be coached by daddy. By stubbornly refusing the AHL option, the Kotkaniemis are not making things easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad