Post-Game Talk: Habs Steamroll Wings 7-3 -- Pleky with 1000th NHL game!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
new-debbie-downer-gif-525.gif

p>

search
My point is it's only been 5 games. Not time to think about playoffs.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Doesn't have skills?

I think you're underestimating him. Hes got a fair amount of skill, there's a reason he was drafted in the 1st round.

He doesn't think fast enough. He kills plays on the PP. He's not a particularly good shooter. The last play was nice, but Detroit's D is terrible. They're missing 4 regulars back there.

He's a good possession player and great at stealing pucks, but it often doesn't lead to much.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's a collective game. No time for prospect fetishism outside of the HF bubble, and rightly so.

It's not only prospect fetishism in this case. It's dowright poor analysis. Kotkaniemi's not receiving passes not only from Armia, but everyone. He's just never open and all of his puck touches tonight have been from efforts of his own, which is not good at all.
He's not moving his feet enough and he gets easily checked along the boards. He's rushing things even when he does have the puck.

This is a player who's usually high compete, play driving and making plays all over the ice. He's just not ready atm.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I dont miss Pacioretty at all. Good riddance

This team has gotten rid of its last two locker room cancers this summer and it definitely shows on the ice.

I think outside of HF, Habs fans have probably underrated Suzuki in the return for Pacioretty. But on HF, people definitely underrated the part Tatar will play in this deal. This is turning out to be a great trade.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He doesn't think fast enough. He kills plays on the PP. He's not a particularly good shooter. The last play was nice, but Detroit's D is terrible. They're missing 4 regulars back there.

He's a good possession player and great at stealing pucks, but it often doesn't lead to much.

Very well said on the first part. His reads on offense are poor and he needs to adds a lot of deception to his game if he wants to score over 20.
Tatar, as an example, is constantly making defenders commit into plays and bad positions and keeps shifting their skates. He creates all kinds of space. He's deceptive with his shot as well even if its not as hard as Armia's.

I liked him with the Jets, but he's yet to figure out that part because he's very predictable, much like Eller was.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
This team has gotten rid of its last two locker room cancers this summer and it definitely shows on the ice.

I think outside of HF, Habs fans have probably underrated Suzuki in the return for Pacioretty. But on HF, people definitely underrated the part Tatar will play in this deal. This is turning out to be a great trade.

Its funny, because I've been labeled a hater for wanting Tatar eventually gone for futures (I feel its fine if people don't share that opinion), yet I remember "defending" him from posters calling him soft... I never got comments like that. The guy has been playing in our division for years, he's always been a puck hound and player who drives possession. Very deceptice offensively and has been since his draft year.

The keep him vs trade him debate is an entirely different one than what quality of player he is.

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad