Post-Game Talk: Habs Steamroll Wings 7-3 -- Pleky with 1000th NHL game!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB5

May 2, 2015
He's been good, sure. But without 11 I don't see him having the success he has. To me Gallagher is driving that line by doing what Gallagher always does, drive the net. His second last night is a good example, although the set up for gallagher's goal was good.

Tatar has been a pleasant surprise, and complements both dano and Gallagher but I do not see him driving that line.

When the line goes into a funk ( it will) it won't be because Gallagher isn't still getting his nose dirty.

It's a good thing hockey is a team sport and not an individual one.

Reactions: teamfirst

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Player success comes down to a lot of different circumstances. I'm not going to deny the Gallagher effect but don't you agree that Tatar has driven puck possesion on that line and he complements Danault and Gallagher very well?

I don't think the issue here is what Tatar is worth on his own. The conversations are about how he looks on our top line and the production he is putting up. He is more than pulling his own weight on that line IMO. Both Gallagher and Tatar have 3 goals but Gallagher has one assist while Tatar has 4. Arguably Tatar is the one helping Gallagher more than Gallagher is helping Tatar. Danault has 3 assists.

How is Tatar getting 3 goals while Danault has 3 assists and Gallagher has 1? This is about line chemistry and Tatar has found his spot and he is more than pulling his own weight

or he's getting secondary assists like drouin did for shooting a puck off a defenseman's skate. or hudon's goal where the puck comes out to him with a gaping wide open net. They all count the same in the game.

looking at total assists to suggest who is helping whom, is silly. Yes the line looks good, and I'm glad that Tatar IS going to the net ( like how he got his second last night that bounced off him) but so far the eye test says its 11 who is driving that line's success. tatar is making the best of his chances and ( as I mentioned before) he is helping, the set up on gallaghers goal was some nice work.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
A month or two. The rest is inconsequential, and you ommit a lot.

You talk about facts, yet forget a lot of things to include.

I'm not negative, I'm realistic. And being realistic can also mean being positive, but right now is waaaaay to early to tell, especially considering the opposition we've went up against.
toronto, pitt (x2), la and detroit isnt a murderer's row but its not too shabby. 3 of the 4 are likely playoff bound and two of the four have likely the best center depth in the league.

5 games is too early, but we havent been playing the weak sisters ( outside of detroit, sorry wings fans)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
or he's getting secondary assists like drouin did for shooting a puck off a defenseman's skate. or hudon's goal where the puck comes out to him with a gaping wide open net. They all count the same in the game.

looking at total assists to suggest who is helping whom, is silly. Yes the line looks good, and I'm glad that Tatar IS going to the net ( like how he got his second last night that bounced off him) but so far the eye test says its 11 who is driving that line's success. tatar is making the best of his chances and ( as I mentioned before) he is helping, the set up on gallaghers goal was some nice work.

Sorry but if thats your eye test you need glasses.

All 3 players are making it happen. BG is of course a motor and goes to the front of the net but you need to check your eyes if you don't see the work that Tatar and Danault are doing. And lets not limit this to goals/assist. You can look at all the chances that don't turn into goals and you can see Tatar/Danault making great little passes between all 3 of them, or getting to the right spots on the ice.

BG motoring away and being a pest will help any line. Its why he was are spark plug for years. But that doesn't take away from what the other guys are doing. Everyone on that line is carrying their weight and making it work. Right now those 3 have magic and they seem to know where each other are on the ice.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Armia has skill! Can some of you stop with your agenda for a second? The guy was picked in the first round for a reason!

He can dangle and make passes! If you watched the games, there were flashes of his skill all the time!

There's nothing wrong in trying to finally help him put it together! The skill is definitely there...

I see the skill, and it's possible the production will come, but it's possible he's one of these guys that just doesn't use his skill to create offense.

At this point I prefer Hudon in the top 9 and on the pp. I think Hudon can progress from his 30 point rookie season to 40-50 points. No agenda just what I see.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

All 3 players are making it happen. BG is of course a motor and goes to the front of the net but you need to check your eyes if you don't see the work that Tatar and Danault are doing. And lets not limit this to goals/assist. You can look at all the chances that don't turn into goals and you can see Tatar/Danault making great little passes between all 3 of them, or getting to the right spots on the ice.

BG motoring away and being a pest will help any line. Its why he was are spark plug for years. But that doesn't take away from what the other guys are doing. Everyone on that line is carrying their weight and making it work. Right now those 3 have magic and they seem to know where each other are on the ice.
Danault isnt doing much offensively. He tries but that's about it.

You see things that are not happening.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

and tatar goes to the net ( not in the same way) so that pucks bounce off of him and in. Hazzah !

Danault has been meh. but he's a meh player. Tatar had made a lot of his chances but the suggestion that he's driving the line fails the smell test. together they are probably better than their parts but the one constant is gallagher doggedly pursuing the puck and playing on the blue ice. I think gallagher would have far more success without tatar than the other way around.

it doesnt mean that tatar is bad, he's making a lot of the chances he gets.

As to " getting to the right sports on the ice", just wondering for gallagher when is that not blue ice proximal ?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I see the skill, and it's possible the production will come, but it's possible he's one of these guys that just doesn't use his skill to create offense.

At this point I prefer Hudon in the top 9 and on the pp. I think Hudon can progress from his 30 point rookie season to 40-50 points. No agenda just what I see.

or use his size to make space.

that he's never scored on the PP is a pretty funny stat. and I'm not sure the answer to " less armia" is " more hudon"

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was wide awake. Then, about an hour after the game I got sleepy while watching the Habs. Woke up and watched it.

Whats wrong with that? Oh, forgot, you watch the Leafs first then watch your team last. Do you know what time the Leafs game was over in the Maritimes? 1030.

You get a pass cause we love Maritimers. They are amongst the most appreciated posters here.

I was just kidding you. :wg:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I am not sure we will finish bottom five, but also we are not likely to make the playoffs, and so we are stuck, again...what to do, and how to get there...MB is not the right guy, at all, and if we miss the playoffs for the 3rd time in four years, surely Money Mol$on will finally do the right thing.

If the team can continue to produce positive results even if not at the unsustainable current level, who knows what happens when Weber comes back. They may not finish in the bottom 5. But, they may not make the playoffs either, which would put them in the worse possible position.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Are you gonna give them some credit for once if they win tomorrow? Or you will just find another team and keep the narrative go?

oh I give them credit for being ok, that's why i'm unhappy :laugh:

I still firmly believe in tanking hard to rebuild well over this soft reboot, and to me this reboot (that seems to be working so far, that's where the credit is) just leads to more years of "try to make the playoffs and hope for the best" and me never seeing a cup in Montreal

add a generational talent to that crew and i'm 10000% onboard, but without it I don't believe in our odds and never will

EDIT: a generational talent that isn't a goaltender (if you wanna argue that Price is still in his prime). Offense or defense, I don't care

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
and tatar goes to the net ( not in the same way) so that pucks bounce off of him and in. Hazzah !

Danault has been meh. but he's a meh player. Tatar had made a lot of his chances but the suggestion that he's driving the line fails the smell test. together they are probably better than their parts but the one constant is gallagher doggedly pursuing the puck and playing on the blue ice. I think gallagher would have far more success without tatar than the other way around.

it doesnt mean that tatar is bad, he's making a lot of the chances he gets.

As to " getting to the right sports on the ice", just wondering for gallagher when is that not blue ice proximal ?

Not sure what you are watching but all three players are going. Yes BG has his motor and makes anyline work, he has been the spark plug for any line like 3 years now. But Tatar is working his butt off, and is strong on the puck. Same for Danault. And I don't know I guess you are missing all the great short passes Danault makes or something to call him meh.

And BG has a nice way to find himself in the slot often enough and rattle off his shot. Danault is actually good at finding him in that spot with a nice short pass.

I am not taking anything away from BG, but you are selling the other 2 way short. And I think that BG work ethic and attitude on the ice rubs off on the other guys and I don't deny that they get benefit from having Gally with them, but I also am not going to dismiss their play. Tatar has been beastly for us and Danault has been very cerebral. Those guys probably wont get 60 points, but 40+ for sure if they are healthy.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I'm using the eye test and Tatar is not the weak part of that line. He is driving puck possession just as much as Danault and Gallagher are.

Brownies

Plekanec will be one of those players I will always remember, he played all throughout my teens.

It was cool seeing him score.
I remember reading an article about him when he was a prospect in Czech Republic. He seemed like a nice guy and all, but never would I have believed he'd not only make the team a few years later, but become an important player for us. I've been critical of him, but I was a big fan up until a few years ago. He worked hard and I'm glad he came back for a little while.

Reactions: HomeAndHome
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad