Post-Game Talk: Habs spank Sens, 5-2!

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Your cynicism, arrogance, and dismissiveness is beyond annoying at this point.

Here is a good example:
Can't wait to see all the talking heads here steaming at the bit because MB didn't magically make a Karlsson appear on our roster
You have 4 ridiculous exaggerations in that one sentence. And further, this obviously won't happen, or at least it won't be widespread, if Bergevin makes a credible effort and fails.

The management consistently gets credit whenever credit is due.

It will happen. There will be a ton of posters fuming at MB for not signing a guy who wouldn't sign here in a million years.

The empirical evidence could fill a textbook at this point.

I have a feeling you don't really see the negativity the way I do here, maybe that's why you view a quasi-factual statement as cynical.

Reactions: Acadien86

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
At least last season you guys had the decency to wait at the end of the season (or close) for the Tavares talks...

but right now, early december, Karlsson talks already ?!?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
At least last season you guys had the decency to wait at the end of the season (or close) for the Tavares talks...

but right now, early december, Karlsson talks already ?!?

We beat "The Sens" all thoughts of a proper rebuild are out the window. :laugh:

Reactions: OldCraig71

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not sold on Duchene..Having a good season but man, it's been a bad show for him.
Maybe we could snag Hughes ;)

I feel the same about Duchene. Not 100% sure about him but I do know we need a bit more offensive fire power and the idea would be to go all in IF... Karlsson was interested. Aside from Duchene or winning the draft lottery, what are the other options to add an offensive piece up front?

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
So the idea is trading Petry then. I did hear Juulsen played LD in junior. If Karlsson is on board (I doubt it but hey, it's free to dream), I'm in on this move. Not sure about Mete at this stage but I do like him with Weber cause I think it's a fit more than any other D man we got.

Unloading Petry and adding Karlsson (lets start high with $14M) and if Alzner is still in the AHL where we have a $3.55 cap hit, I still have about $7.2M in cap space with a $83M salary cap. We could possibly add another impact player up front. Duchene? If we were able to unload Alzner somehow

Domi / Duchene / Drouin
Tatar / Kotkaniemi / Lehkonen
Byron / Danault / Gallagher
Agostino / Shaw / Armia

Deslauriers, Hudon, Peca

Juulsen / Karlsson
Mete / Weber
Reilly / Schlemko

Kulak

Price
Lindgren
Juulsen is a RD and should remain one.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If he is comfortable playing both sides, we should try it. If not, have him and Reilly play bottom pairing cause they seem to complement each other well.
How about if management finds a proper balance for once. When MB started here we were saturated with LD and LD prospects. I don't want Juulsen playing LD I don't want Mete or Reilly playing RD and I don't want Benn or Schlumpko period.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Really nice to have two extremely high level talents finding chemistry with each other and feeding off that, something we haven't seen since the Kovalev years. The Habs have had winning seasons since then of course, but it's always been more grinding, defensive teams. A nice little taste of elite offensive hockey, goes down well as an aperitif, hopefully more coming with Kotkaniemi and then dare we dream a big UFA (Panarin?)?

Reactions: ChikN and Perrah

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How about if management finds a proper balance for once. When MB started here we were saturated with LD and LD prospects. I don't want Juulsen playing LD I don't want Mete or Reilly playing RD and I don't want Benn or Schlumpko period.

I agree that should be the plan but it's hard to negotiate trades where both sides are happy. There was talk about Mete for Muzzin yesterday and this is a move I would make... even if Muzzin only has 2 years in term left. I think we can convince him to stay and I like his game. Kings have been one of the best defensive teams in the league for a while now and Muzzin was a big part of it.

Wait for it... Those who think Mete can be a 40+ pts guy will come in and say we should not trade him. I get it, he is young and has great skating and vision. However, I don't see him getting much better than who he is today and he is a liability in our own end.

But you are right... We should be trying to balance out our depth and address areas of need. Waiting and waiting for those holes to be addressed is frustrating. Think how long it took Bergevin to come up with our center depth we have today. Hope it don't take this long on LD!

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
If that wasn't the standard on this forum I wouldn't have been turned into the boogey-man.

I mean anyone who doesn't agree is turned into a terrible Bergivinite. I see no reason why Karlsson would want to sign in Montreal, not because the team is bad but because it's Montreal.

Can't wait for your post about my post about posters tomorrow, and the next day. Perhaps if we are real lucky the day after that.

A bastion of morality completely ignoring the blatant irony of their posts

I can acknowledge my irony, you obviously cant as you do this almost daily. If the habs lose you pre-emptively whine about a long PGT of whining. Habs win, well see today.

Reactions: PhysicX

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah they are trying to hide him until he gets his **** together.

lol...San Jose Cal... is not like Sweden eh?...
I remember him saying more than a few time he loves Canada...reminds him of home

The adjustment period with Sharks has passed for Erik Karlsson

“He’s had to adapt to a bit of a different role,” said DeBoer. “Rather than being the main option, main weapon and the go-to-guy. That’s both on the ice and in a leadership role. He’s done an exceptional job of that. It hasn’t affected his game. He’s been great.”

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I agree that should be the plan but it's hard to negotiate trades where both sides are happy. There was talk about Mete for Muzzin yesterday and this is a move I would make... even if Muzzin only has 2 years in term left. I think we can convince him to stay and I like his game. Kings have been one of the best defensive teams in the league for a while now and Muzzin was a big part of it.

Wait for it... Those who think Mete can be a 40+ pts guy will come in and say we should not trade him. I get it, he is young and has great skating and vision. However, I don't see him getting much better than who he is today and he is a liability in our own end.

But you are right... We should be trying to balance out our depth and address areas of need. Waiting and waiting for those holes to be addressed is frustrating. Think how long it took Bergevin to come up with our center depth we have today. Hope it don't take this long on LD!

I'm not sold on Mete either. Boxing out is one of the last resorts left for defending NHL Dmen in today's game. Victor's option is to tie up the stick but he's losing the battle for preferred ice which will often lead to the "taking away" of our 'tender's eyes. One of the problems MB has demonstrated is his preference for quantity over quality. he's never been able to see and move redundant parts. Going even further he's not put enough value on rare parts like a Radulov for example. Most fans agreed his type of game was something we hadn't had in decades on this club. Holes first depth second.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I'm not sold on Mete either. Boxing out is one of the last resorts left for defending NHL Dmen in today's game. Victor's option is to tie up the stick but he's losing the battle for preferred ice which will often lead to the "taking away" of our 'tender's eyes. One of the problems MB has demonstrated is his preference for quantity over quality. he's never been able to see and move redundant parts. Going even further he's not put enough value on rare parts like a Radulov for example. Most fans agreed his type of game was something we hadn't had in decades on this club. Holes first depth second.

He put enough value in Radulov to sign him in the first place though. He just didn't want to pay 7+ million for him.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
The vast majority of my posts are in jest though Perrah, I complain after losses too.

I am not sure why I in particular bother so many when it's fairly routine that saying things like "**** MB" and "this team is ****" over and over again is acceptable. Any comment about it and you're attacked lol.

Duly noted, tone isnt transferred well through the internet. I find a lot of the things that go off the rail here wouldnt happen if it was face to face discussion, and not because people are fearless on the internet (which is also true) but more because tone changes how things are perceived.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Duly noted, tone isnt transferred well through the internet. I find a lot of the things that go off the rail here wouldnt happen if it was face to face discussion, and not because people are fearless on the internet (which is also true) but more because tone changes how things are perceived.

Trust me I am not being serious at least most of the time, especially not towards posters. I do try and make people realize occasionally that not enjoying "f*** Mb", "this team is shit" and "Domi and tatar are complimentary third liners" amongst other things doesn't make me a crazed fanatic

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
What about Lucic on the 4th line? Keep these ****ers in line.

Lucic for Alzner swap ?

So many guys trying to push us around.. would be good protection for the young guys, and some serious backup for Domi..

MTL is actually one of the tougher teams, we have multiple ppl who can scrap (Domi, Deslauriers, Weber, Shaw). Against a team like Ottawa we should have played Deslauriers instead of Peca.

Also, f*** Lucic.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018

I have no problem trading Mete as long as Bergevin has a plan to replace him like trading Poehling for a puck moving D like Brannstrom,Beaudin especially now that Montreal is deep at center.....with Domi,Kotkaniemi,Danault,Olofsson,McShane,Evans....Suzuki will be a winger in the nhl.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
acting like a superstar and give no effort for a full season, then
starting to give a **** some games and give an effort -> for 25 or so games

and people should eat crow about Drouin ??

that's your standards ? a player being OK for 1/4 of the season ?

Almost ppg is classified as ok for 1/4 of the season? What were you expecting from the guy, 160 point pace? If this is quarter production you must have been expected Mcdavid for Serge.

Ya eat yer crow son

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad