Post-Game Talk: Habs spank Sens, 5-2!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Who cares man..I dont get it..you're saying no to having EK and Weber?..Why would you do that?

Karlsson would be insane on our team. Aside from being a right handed shot, he is exactly what we need to run our PP. But how does the top 4D look? Do we have 4 guys that shoot right handed?

Karlsson / Weber
Petry / Juulsen
Kulak / Schlemko or Benn

Not sure what they do with Petry but would 4 RD work in our top 4D? What would be your pairings if Karlsson magically choose the Habs?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I thought Price had a really great game last night. A big turning point in the game was killing that 1:30 4 on 3 powerplay. Ottawa scores there and the whole game could have been different.

Price has been playing much better now. He is not getting exposed as much as when both Weber and Juulsen were hurt. Juulsen back will further help the shutdown ability too.

Reactions: Tuggy

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Karlsson would be insane on our team. Aside from being a right handed shot, he is exactly what we need to run our PP. But how does the top 4D look? Do we have 4 guys that shoot right handed?

Karlsson / Weber
Petry / Juulsen
Kulak / Schlemko or Benn

Not sure what they do with Petry but would 4 RD work in our top 4D? What would be your pairings if Karlsson magically choose the Habs?
You just trade Petry for a decent LHD. A lot of teams have a surplus of these guys and are lacking on the right side.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Who cares man..I dont get it..you're saying no to having EK and Weber?..Why would you do that?
Ok so we sign EK, then our D looks like this

?????-Karlsson
Reilly-Weber
Kulak-Juulsen

Petry gets traded for a Noah Juulsen type player that we could pair up with Karlsson...

Ok if we could get EK under 13 million let’s do it.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Karlsson / Weber
Petry / Juulsen
Kulak / Schlemko or Benn

If they kept Weber, then it doesn't matter.
Juulsen - Karlsson
Mete - Weber

Having each of those top guys man a pairing is huge. It would make the #3 and #4 Dman a lot less important.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Ok so we sign EK, then our D looks like this

?????-Karlsson
Reilly-Weber
Kulak-Juulsen

Petry gets traded for a Noah Juulsen type player that we could pair up with Karlsson...

Ok if we could get EK under 13 million let’s do it.
We could even use Juulsen on the top pairing with Karlsson if we still have Weber on the 2nd.
Honestly, it's something you think about after..
Would be like the Leafs passing up on Tavares because they have other centers. Ya...but who cares, Tavares makes their team that much better.
I know, moving a center to the wing can be easier that moving a RD to LD, but we wouldn't even have to do that. EK and Weber would each man their own pairing.

The Sharks have Brent Burns who's a righty...didn't seem to bother them, neither should we.
Alas, EK will never come here anyways.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We could even use Juulsen on the top pairing with Karlsson if we still have Weber on the 2nd.
Honestly, it's something you think about after..
Would be like the Leafs passing up on Tavares because they have other centers. Ya...but who cares, Tavares makes their team that much better.
I know, moving a center to the wing can be easier that moving a RD to LD, but we wouldn't even have to do that. EK and Weber would each man their own pairing.

The Sharks have Brent Burns who's a righty...didn't seem to bother them, neither should we.
Alas, EK will never come here anyways.

Didnt Erik Karlsson say he only wants to play in the U.S ????

After every loss are we going to hear, the plan should be to tank and get Hughes and sign karlesson, just like last year it was Dahlin and Tavares????

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

After every loss are we going to hear, the plan should be to tank and get Hughes and sign karlesson, just like last year it was Dahlin and Tavares????

He's 100% not going to sign in Montreal

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
He's 100% not going to sign in Montreal

I think MB is going to swing for the fences for him. Maybe Duchene too lol. As much as I like Karlsson, he looks like he has lost a step - understandable all things considered but this is exactly the kind of move I'm afraid MB will make.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Tavares never made sense as a fit for the Habs, Karlsson does.

He has ties to a nearby area, and the Habs are in a better position now. The team has improved, and it will gain one additional top talent. Moreover, Karlsson would be coming to play with Weber, he'd have an elite partner, which Tavares would not have had on his wing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If they kept Weber, then it doesn't matter.
Juulsen - Karlsson
Mete - Weber

Having each of those top guys man a pairing is huge. It would make the #3 and #4 Dman a lot less important.

So the idea is trading Petry then. I did hear Juulsen played LD in junior. If Karlsson is on board (I doubt it but hey, it's free to dream), I'm in on this move. Not sure about Mete at this stage but I do like him with Weber cause I think it's a fit more than any other D man we got.

Unloading Petry and adding Karlsson (lets start high with $14M) and if Alzner is still in the AHL where we have a $3.55 cap hit, I still have about $7.2M in cap space with a $83M salary cap. We could possibly add another impact player up front. Duchene? If we were able to unload Alzner somehow

Domi / Duchene / Drouin
Tatar / Kotkaniemi / Lehkonen
Byron / Danault / Gallagher
Agostino / Shaw / Armia

Deslauriers, Hudon, Peca

Juulsen / Karlsson
Mete / Weber
Reilly / Schlemko

Kulak

Price
Lindgren

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Maybe this is why you guys have such unrealistic expectations for management

And you seem to have low expectations.

There is no reason for the Habs to not go after Karlsson. They have tons of cap space, and they should be more competitive as of next year.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I don't think EK is going to sign here. It's probably the last place he'd come to, maybe even after Ottawa.
I was just responding to someone suggesting we shouldn't be interested in or not pursue him.

Reactions: 26Mats

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
And you seem to have low expectations.

There is no reason for the Habs to not go after Karlsson. They have tons of cap space, and they should be more competitive as of next year.

They can go after him all they want

Can't wait to see all the talking heads here steaming at the bit because MB didn't magically make a Karlsson appear on our roster

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

No he never said that..and when he got asked he denied that he woudn't play for another Canadian team......If he can see we don't suck for the next 5 years we got a chance....He can see the way Montreal plays now, fast and offensive,it would fit his style....

The door is open

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tavares never made sense as a fit for the Habs, Karlsson does.

He has ties to a nearby area, and the Habs are in a better position now. The team has improved, and it will gain one additional top talent. Moreover, Karlsson would be coming to play with Weber, he'd have an elite partner, which Tavares would not have had on his wing.

I heard Aaron Ward discussing on TSN690 that EK will only sign an extension with a U.S. team.

But apparently he came out and denied that rumor. Not sure if his denial was truthful or a PR move:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No he never said that..and when he got asked he denied that he woudn't play for another Canadian team......If he can see we don't suck for the next 5 years we got a chance....He can see the way Montreal plays now, fast and offensive,it would fit his style....

The door is open

I would love for EK to come to Montreal, especially if he can gradually regain his pre-injury form.

I just don't make posts based on long shots. I'd rather discuss the moves that we can 100% do - like re-signing Radulov two summers ago, gettting Skinner, Duclair, and Perron this summer, etc... Simple smart moves that don't preclude the pipe dreams.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So the idea is trading Petry then. I did hear Juulsen played LD in junior. If Karlsson is on board (I doubt it but hey, it's free to dream), I'm in on this move. Not sure about Mete at this stage but I do like him with Weber cause I think it's a fit more than any other D man we got.

Unloading Petry and adding Karlsson (lets start high with $14M) and if Alzner is still in the AHL where we have a $3.55 cap hit, I still have about $7.2M in cap space with a $83M salary cap. We could possibly add another impact player up front. Duchene? If we were able to unload Alzner somehow

Domi / Duchene / Drouin
Tatar / Kotkaniemi / Lehkonen
Byron / Danault / Gallagher
Agostino / Shaw / Armia

Deslauriers, Hudon, Peca

Juulsen / Karlsson
Mete / Weber
Reilly / Schlemko

Kulak

Price
Lindgren
Not sold on Duchene..Having a good season but man, it's been a bad show for him.
Maybe we could snag Hughes ;)

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Karlsson / Weber
Petry / Juulsen
Kulak / Schlemko or Benn

4 RHD would be fine if they were elite but all 4 are not. I think Weber and Karlsson would manage, but I'd move Petry if I am trying to find an established LHD or Juulsen for a prospect (though I'd rather keep him).

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad