Post-Game Talk: Habs spank Sens, 5-2!

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Nice win for the Habbies! Thursday is a big rematch - Ottawa will be extra motivated. I hope the Habs can turn things around the next few games and bang out some wins.

Le compétiteur

acting like a superstar and give no effort for a full season, then
starting to give a **** some games and give an effort -> for 25 or so games

and people should eat crow about Drouin ??

that's your standards ? a player being OK for 1/4 of the season ?

1/4 of a season? I guess you missed some good games.

He started to produce last year on febuary 24 2018 against Tampa Bay ( wake-up call against his former team?)
He got 17 points in his last 22 games ( 4 goals 13 assists) and he started this season with 10 goals and 25 points in 28 games.

That's 14 goals and 42 points in his last 50 games.

50 games is more then 1/4 of a season (61% of a season) and those 14 goals 42 points become ( when projected on a full season ) 23 goals and 69 points.

He still haven't kept this production for a complete season yet, he got some bad games, some brain cramps too but saying he got only playing good for 1/4 of a season is complete b.s.

Reactions: Acadien86

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I have no problem trading Mete as long as Bergevin has a plan to replace him like trading Poehling for a puck moving D like Brannstrom,Beaudin especially now that Montreal is deep at center.....with Domi,Kotkaniemi,Danault,Olofsson,McShane,Evans....Suzuki will be a winger in the nhl.

It comes down to what's available (Muzzin and his 2 years of term left for example) and the cost to acquire. The measure here is how good you think Mete will be and if we think Muzzin can re-sign with us from age of 31. With me, I don't think Mete will get better than who he is today and I'm willing to use Muzzin for 2 years and then see what kind of AAV/term he would like at age 31.

As far as Poehling. I like him a lot. I'm only interested in trading him for a legit top 4D that has good all around game and some offensive ability.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
MTL is actually one of the tougher teams, we have multiple ppl who can scrap (Domi, Deslauriers, Weber, Shaw). Against a team like Ottawa we should have played Deslauriers instead of Peca.

Also, **** Lucic.
The whole point is that Domi and Shaw shouldn’t have to fight. Shaw produces points when he’s focused on playing hockey and Domi is our 1st line center for god sakes. No one is scared of D-lo

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Almost ppg is classified as ok for 1/4 of the season? What were you expecting from the guy, 160 point pace? If this is quarter production you must have been expected Mcdavid for Serge.

Ya eat yer crow son
Purely a guess but I'd say he wants to see sustained improvement not a hot streak maybe hold off on your crow comments until closer to seasons end.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
The whole point is that Domi and Shaw shouldn’t have to fight. Shaw produces points when he’s focused on playing hockey and Domi is our 1st line center for god sakes. No one is scared of D-lo

It's not so much if they "have to", it's part of their DNA and it's going to happen, I doubt Julien likes it much. You think Bruce Cassidy wants to see Marchand scrapping? Jamie Benn out 5 + 10?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Why is Ottawa so lucky, first EK now Chabot.

Boucher is toast. I honestly think with the talent he has on the team they should be better. One of the most overhyped coaches. Complaints when some on this board fall too in love with QC players, but sometimes to much love for QC coaches.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

Lol Shaw is still a god awful player and DLo is as tough as nails. DLo also plays well when hes on his game, hes a fast skater, forechecks well and is defensively responsible. As a fighter hes on the same level as Tom Wilson. Biggest issue with DLo this year has been his offensive contribution but at least he has other useful aspects to his game.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
At least last season you guys had the decency to wait at the end of the season (or close) for the Tavares talks...

but right now, early december, Karlsson talks already ?!?

I don't if decency is the right word, but yes it's too early, and really shouldn't be discussed at all unless there's any sign Karlesson wants to come here.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Boucher is toast. I honestly think with the talent he has on the team they should be better. One of the most overhyped coaches. Complaints when some on this board fall too in love with QC players, but sometimes to much love for QC coaches.

I'm an English Montrealer. I had Guy Boucher as my camp counselor at McGill Hockey school when he was playing for the Redman and a university student. He was a fantastic counselor and an even better person.

He may not make it as an NHL coach, but there were a lot of other reasons people were high on him than that he is French.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

I wouldn't say a team that is currently 7th worst in the league and doesn't have its first round pick is lucky :laugh:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I wouldn't say a team that is currently 7th worst in the league and doesn't have its first round pick is lucky :laugh:

Not having a draft pick this year sucks for them, but they may be LUCKY to not give COL a top 5/3 pick.

They get rid of EK and then get another PPG D in Chabot.

But ya even with Duchene/Chabot they still can't win. And they probably lose MD and Stone this off season.

Could you imagine if COL adds Hughes to Ratinan and McKinnon, F'n OTTAWA!!!!

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

nobody is scared of anybody on our team, and nobody on our team can fight,

fighting should be the last thing on our minds

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
1/4 of a season? I guess you missed some good games.

He started to produce last year on febuary 24 2018 against Tampa Bay ( wake-up call against his former team?)
He got 17 points in his last 22 games ( 4 goals 13 assists) and he started this season with 10 goals and 25 points in 28 games.

That's 14 goals and 42 points in his last 50 games.

50 games is more then 1/4 of a season (61% of a season) and those 14 goals 42 points become ( when projected on a full season ) 23 goals and 69 points.

He still haven't kept this production for a complete season yet, he got some bad games, some brain cramps too but saying he got only playing good for 1/4 of a season is complete b.s.
I suspect that we're collectively scared over Scott Gomez, so we aren't ready to trust a big centre acquisition who is known to get cold over some serious spells...

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Great game and fun to watch. My favorite moment? After Leks scored on Coconut’s assist? Shaw didn’t skate around celebrating. He knew Coconut was taken to the boards hard after the play and was ready to help the kid if roughed up any further. Love it!

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Trust me I am not being serious at least most of the time, especially not towards posters. I do try and make people realize occasionally that not enjoying "**** Mb", "this team is ****" and "Domi and tatar are complimentary third liners" amongst other things doesn't make me a crazed fanatic
I don't recall calling you a crazed fanatic or even hinting it. You are entitled to, and free to express your opinion as I am mine, so don't drag me into your "woe is me" moment.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1) 31 pts in 28 games (ranks tied 14th)

2) -2 goal differential (ranks 17th)

3) 11 regulation wins (ranks tied 20th)

4) 88 goals scored (ranks 12th)

5) 90 goals against (ranks 24th)

Middle of pack baby! I hate it. They better get closer to the top 10 or bottom 10. Middle 11 sucks.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Middle of pack baby! I hate it. They better get closer to the top 10 or bottom 10. Middle 11 sucks.

Were stuck there. Those bottom teams are too good at being bad for us to really catch.

Only hope is that the bad teams aren't that bad. Ottawa/BUF/ARI/CAR/NYR should all have been much worse then they are. Its poissble habs could out tank them.

Bottom 5 is a lofty dream, and Price/Weber has cut the goals down over the last 4 games. Only hope is the offense continues to dry up because I have a feeling the habs won't have to many 3+ GA games.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

we are a .500 middle of the pack team, not sure why anybody would expect anything more,

take away our lucky 4-1 start and we are well below .500 since then,

we have had a relatively easy schedule so far,

we still need to do the dreaded west coast/USA/Cali trip,

we will be long out of it by Jan 1/2019 after our 6 game road trip at the end of December,

its only a matter of time before one of these teams we are battling for the last wild card spot goes on a 5-6 game winning streak leaving us in the dust,

we are a win, loss, win, loss, team.....we arnt a team who is going to win 6 or seven in a row, and we arnt a team who is going to win 8 or 9 out of 10....those streaks are nessessary for any hope at wildcard,

we will finish in the worst possible of all spots 9-11 in the conference

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
we are a .500 middle of the pack team, not sure why anybody would expect anything more,

take away our lucky 4-1 start and we are well below .500 since then,

we have had a relatively easy schedule so far,

we still need to do the dreaded west coast/USA/Cali trip,

we will be long out of it by Jan 1/2019 after our 6 game road trip at the end of December,

its only a matter of time before one of these teams we are battling for the last wild card spot goes on a 5-6 game winning streak leaving us in the dust,

we are a win, loss, win, loss, team.....we arnt a team who is going to win 6 or seven in a row, and we arn a team who is going to win 8 or 9 out of 10

Our start was not lucky. They were all over the teams that we played. But yes, this whole pride/rebound year has middle of the pack written all over it

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

Middle of the pack is where I hope the Habs finish this year. We get to watch good hockey and we still get a good draft pick. Habs were supposed to finish bottom-5 this year so it's good to see some progression, our real competitive window begins in the next few years when Suzuki, Brook, and Poehling join the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad