Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Matthew Peca (2-Years @ $1.3M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Pretty sure he can play wing too specially if the team has no plan to win. But anyway after trading Patch and Byron you can move Drouin back to wing and use Peca on the first line.

Huh?

Even if you keep Drouin at center, Montreal still has plenty of space for Peca at center. And why are you playing Peca on the 1st line.

Reactions: Peanut

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Huh?

Even if you keep Drouin at center, Montreal still has plenty of space for Peca at center. And why are you playing Peca on the 1st line.

I'm not. In fact i would not have signed him at all.

I'm just saying if the plan is to fill a jersey and flip him for a pick then fine. If he is an integral part of the rebuild or retool plan then fire the GM.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I'm just saying if the plan is to fill jersey and flip him for a pick then fine. If he is an integral part of the rebuild or retool plan then fire the GM.

Considering his contract, the plan is pretty clearly to see what he can do with a real opportunity.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
It's been painfully obvious for a few summers now, why some fail to see it is beyond me.

"We cannot sell our rich history to today's players", when you stack the taxes, weather and media attention that comes with this market, the vast majority won't even consider montreal.

How to change that.... just WIN BABY!

These next 4-5 years are going to be even tougher than the last 25 as we watch the Leafs.... no longer the Toronto Make Me Laughs.

I still have hope with the draft and some of the youngsters on the team... but it's going to be a long painful road fellow die hard Habs fans. :thumbd::thumbd::help:

Reactions: LaP

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
habs home of the last resort
habs home of the last resort

Calgary let Byron walk and look how well that turned out for us. You guys really need to temper expectations. They're building young depth and focusing on the drafts. Isn't that exactly what everyone wants them to do? Tavares wasn't coming here, so what exactly did you expect on FA day?

Imeant to quote the guy who said Tampa let him walk. Oops

Reactions: ohmyjlord

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I guess he's the number one center lol. It's a good signing but I just don't see how this signing helps the Habs right now. As it stands, you got Pleks, Danault, Drouin, DLR and McCaron. It's sad. Most of these players are either washed up or failed experimentation. My guess is they will rush the kid they drafted next year making him into another Galchenuyk.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
I don't get the mockery about this signing. It's like a 7th round pick. You know you probably won't get anything special, but you still pick someone each year because there's still a chance it turns into something good.

It worked pretty well not too long ago with Byron. Habs are in perfect position right now to take chances on players like Peca. Go for it.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Great signing. Kids been on my radar since he was drafted. He has some upside and should make the team out of camp.

He needs a full NHL season to get a good read on. Signings like these are exactly what MB should be doing during a rebuild. He's a better player then most of our other young guys such as DLR and Scherbak.

Depending on how many minutes he gets, he's got a 30 point season in him, possibly better.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I'm just saying if the plan is to fill a jersey and flip him for a pick then fine. If he is an integral part of the rebuild or retool plan then fire the GM.
TB fans actually love Peca and think hes a NHL player. Im readynto wait and see.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
TB fans actually love Peca and think hes a NHL player. Im readynto wait and see.

Many people loved DD here ... honestly i don't give a **** how popular or not a player is. I don't really care anyway. I just think it's a ridiculous contract and unless we can eventually flip him for a pick another useless move. We already have too many bottom 6 players and i don't see top 6 potential in this guy at all.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Many people loved DD here ... honestly i don't give a **** how popular or not a player is. I don't really care anyway. I just think it's a ridiculous contract and unless we can eventually flip him for a pick another useless move. We already have too many bottom 6 players and i don't see top 6 potential in this guy at all.
Its a free player. We have space everywhere, why not? If it doesnt work, it doesnt work. Gotta take a shot if you want to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad