Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Matthew Peca (2-Years @ $1.3M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Its a free player. We have space everywhere, why not? If it doesnt work, it doesnt work. Gotta take a shot if you want to score.

Like i said i don't really care. He'll surely do a better job than Logan Chat and Byron Fraise. Can't be worse than those two tasteless players.

My initial post in this thread was to say how ridiculous the contract is. Then some guys started defending the contract. I don't mind the player. But that contract is still ridiculous. First time since the mid 80ies i see an UFA AHL player getting a one way 2 years contract around 40% over the league's minimum. And i don't think i'll see that again anytime soon.

Reactions: Tyson and Sorinth

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Like i said i don't really care. He'll surely do a better job than Logan Chat and Byron Fraise. Can't be worse than those two tasteless players.

My initial post in this thread was to say how ridiculous the contract is. Then some guys started defending the contract. I don't mind the player. But that contract is still ridiculous. First time since the mid 80ies i see an UFA AHL player getting a one way 2 years contract around 40% over the league's minimum. And i don't think i'll see that again anytime soon.
Doesnt really matter though, cap space is the name of this team.

Reactions: crazyd74

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
He really should crack your NHL roster and I'm sure will be surprising a bunch of people. He was NHL ready for us too but when your centers are guys like Stamkos, Point and Johnson it was pretty hard for him to get a spot. It was the exact same story with Marchessault.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He really should crack your NHL roster and I'm sure will be surprising a bunch of people. He was NHL ready for us too but when your centers are guys like Stamkos, Point and Johnson it was pretty hard for him to get a spot. It was the exact same story with Marchessault.

I don't know our natural centres are pretty impressive too.

Plekanec
Danault
McCarron
Froese.

Anyone else laugh out loud, too?

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Love this signing. These are exactly the type of signings we should be making.
When you read what Tampa fans say about this guy, he has a chance to be something. We got two years to figure out if he is a player or not, and during that time if it doesn’t work out, whatever, it isn’t a painful signing.

Yes this certainly is the type of signings that could pay dividends. I like that we seem to be doing the same with some LD also. Hopefully we can find some diamonds in there...

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Great signing for the Tank
Play him first or second line minutes and see the results,,,,,;)

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Calgary signed Austin Czarnik to a similar contract the exact same day...

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I don't know our natural centres are pretty impressive too.

Plekanec
Danault
McCarron
Froese.

Anyone else laugh out loud, too?

Its practically the same! Our C depth rivals Tampa, Toronto and Washington!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We liked him in TB but he couldn't find a spot under Cooper despite outplaying some of the other depth players. Unlike Drouin he's a workhorse, great at faceoffs and an aggressive forechecker, very likable player who scored some clutch goals in his short time up.

He was producing at 0.5PPG clip with our 3rd/4th line, although when paired with Gourde they both had shifts where they'd tear apart defenses with their forecheck, I presume Gallagher is similar in that sense.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Um no he’s not.
Evans has zero and I Mean zero chance of playing this year.
He struggled second half and looked slow VS men at the Spengler cup
He’s in Laval for a full year minimum

Evans hit a rough patch right around the time of the Spengler Cup. From 12-8 to 1-26 in 7 games he had 1 pt. The rest of the season he had 17 pts in 15 games and to break it down further, in the frozen four tournament he had 6 pts in 4 games and he had 2 pts in the Big 10 Championship game which Notre Dame won in their first year in the league.

Reactions: Habsddicted

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Evans hit a rough patch right around the time of the Spengler Cup. From 12-8 to 1-26 in 7 games he had 1 pt. The rest of the season he had 17 pts in 15 games and to break it down further, in the frozen four tournament he had 6 pts in 4 games and he had 2 pts in the Big 10 Championship game which Notre Dame won in their first year in the league.
Evans needs a full year in Laval. His skating is a weakness and needs to learn the pro game. That’s the reason Bouchard was brought to Laval To help these guys.
It’s madness to think he has a shot at the 3 c or 4 c spot this year

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Evans needs a full year in Laval. His skating is a weakness and needs to learn the pro game. That’s the reason Bouchard was brought to Laval To help these guys.
It’s madness to think he has a shot at the 3 c or 4 c spot this year

he needs to get quicker, fill out his frame and get stronger but he's going to miss most of his off-season to injury so that's going to set him back. We'll have to see how he does at camp, and in the AHL. I could see him in Laval all year but you never know how bad injuries will hit and how he's going to translate. I am always against rushing prospects and would rather they take their time even if they are ready, give them more time in the AHL.

Reactions: Habsddicted

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
he needs to get quicker, fill out his frame and get stronger but he's going to miss most of his off-season to injury so that's going to set him back. We'll have to see how he does at camp, and in the AHL. I could see him in Laval all year but you never know how bad injuries will hit and how he's going to translate. I am always against rushing prospects and would rather they take their time even if they are ready, give them more time in the AHL.
All I know is the AHL never hurt any ones progression
I’m a huge proponent of prospects playing there
Never hurt Pacioretty, price or subban
We’re in no rush

Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad