Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Matthew Peca (2-Years @ $1.3M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I have a feeling he will be an important part of the lineup only because he'll have to be. Not saying he will be any good but I think he will be playing more and more minutes as the season goes on.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Lets see what going speed heavy can do for us this time

last 2 years people thought we were small and fast but really we were small and somewhat fast...

curious to see what we look like with REAL speed in the line up

i mean i still want to lose but...curious lol

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Don't hate it too much - he's going to be pretty f***ing good. Not the move you all wanted I know, but the only reason he's still not a Bolt is Brayden Point and Anthony Cirelli are just slightly better. He'll be a quality bottom six center.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Point may not be the best example :lol:. Just saying he got passed on the depth chart by some really special players, but he's a quality player in his own right. He's not your answer at C or anything like that, but you may have another Byron type.

I really like De La Rose, and he and Peca will probably battle it out for 4C at camp. I think Peca has more of an offensive touch, though. He had a small sample size last year, but he had 5 points in 10 NHL games. That's pretty good. It's pro-rated at 41 points in 82 games. Whereas DLR had 12 points in 55 games, pro-rated at 18 points in 82 games.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
So are we again the smallest team in the league ? will be good against Winnipeg...

I mean the league is transitioning tomore speed, but now 6'3 guys have speed and that is deadly effective.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
guys, we paid him extra so he'd come here. it's a real simple concept. it effects our cap in no real way. you actually think this is going to handicap us?

Listen here, bud.

I don't go and bring quality food to a pot luck, don't you come here using common sense, understand?

I'll bring the f***ing jello and you bring the overreacting.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Don't hate it too much - he's going to be pretty ****ing good. Not the move you all wanted I know, but the only reason he's still not a Bolt is Brayden Point and Anthony Cirelli are just slightly better. He'll be a quality bottom six center.

I thought he looked real good in the games he did play last year.

I hate MB as much as the next guy, but I don't see how you can hate this. It's not a Hemsky signing, this one actually has upside to it. It's a free asset and if MB was smart and had gone this route earlier, we might have signed Marchessault two years ago (Peca's not as skilled however).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm actually very interested to see how he does. It's kind of a win win, if he doesn't make the team then I assume he would clear waivers and it would be huge for Laval. But if he makes the team, maybe he can be something decent if Julien uses him correctly instead of say a DLO Peca McCarron line he actually puts him with skilled players.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I remember these exact same comments about Sekac, Fleischmann, Malhotra, Dandenault, Briere, Semin.. did I miss any other notable turds?

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I remember these exact same comments about Sekac, Fleischmann, Malhotra, Dandenault, Briere, Semin.. did I miss any other notable turds?
Yeah you missed byron and dale weise.

Then wiese and fleish returned a 2nd and danault.

Free assets are free assets, sometime you realy win, sometime you don’t care.

Win-win.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Only Sekac should be listed, there's a big difference between taking a flyer on a kid that after leaving the NCAA at 22, spent 3 years in the AHL vs getting washed up vets like Briere, Semin, Hemsky, Flash (though he was solid), etc...

Peca has done very well in the NCAA and the AHL. In the NCAA he had 143 in 157 at a smaller program that usually doesn't have any NHL draft picks on their team. In the AHL he put up a .66 ppg over his 3 years which if they played 82 games would be 54 pts. That said maybe he ends up doing nothing in the NHL, but there's no harm in trying to find talent when it only costs money and we have plenty to burn. This is the exact type of move MB should be doing, trying to find a skilled player in his prime that might be able to turn into something but if not there's nothing lost.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Only Sekac should be listed, there's a big difference between taking a flyer on a kid that after leaving the NCAA at 22, spent 3 years in the AHL vs getting washed up vets like Briere, Semin, Hemsky, Flash (though he was solid), etc...

Peca has done very well in the NCAA and the AHL. In the NCAA he had 143 in 157 at a smaller program that usually doesn't have any NHL draft picks on their team. In the AHL he put up a .66 ppg over his 3 years which if they played 82 games would be 54 pts. That said maybe he ends up doing nothing in the NHL, but there's no harm in trying to find talent when it only costs money and we have plenty to burn. This is the exact type of move MB should be doing, trying to find a skilled player in his prime that might be able to turn into something but if not there's nothing lost.

well there's always hope, I give you that.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Yeah you missed byron and dale weise.

Then wiese and fleish returned a 2nd and danault.

Free assets are free assets, sometime you realy win, sometime you don’t care.

Win-win.
The kids you draft are free assets too. I'll never understand why this team is so afraid to give a chance to its own players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad