Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens Jan. 15. Hoffman Is Awesome Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Montreal doesn't stand a chance against us. We own them. Look for goals from Spezza and Alfredsson.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
That was not one of our best played series, without Andy going into god mode that series is a disaster

The best series I've ever seen the Senators play would have to be against Buffalo in 2007: that game 3 we won 1-0 was absolutely amazing, it may have been 1-0 but that was one of the most one-sided playoffs games I've seen (and we got the other end of it in Game 2 against Anaheim, we lost 1-0 but we were never in it)

Agreed that the Habs series was far from our best. It was good and exciting but overall there have been better.

As you said, the 2007 series to reach the SCF was great. The dismantling of the Flyers under Martin a couple of times was pretty solid hockey too.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
There was so much hope and optimism for Sens fans after that run. It really seemed like the team had developed a new culture, a new identity. Young stars were stepping up, Karlsson was back, our coach won the Jack Adams, our goaltending was amazing...

And then came the worst summer ever. Alfredsson left, Melnyk went from team savior to team miser and all the optimism we had was crushed three weeks into the season.

And it's been the same blah stuff since.

Very doom and gloom, aren't you.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
No that's not what I said

I said they are good at drawing PPs, no that they draw a lot of PPs. Two different things and I know what I mean so don't put words in my mouth, learn to read and appreciate the nuance in how words are used.

They don't get a ton because they were exposed as the divers they are in the playoffs last year and the League finally decided to crack down on it

However they still dive a plenty and they still get calls

That and their great speed usually gets other teams in trouble, they may dive a lot but they draw their fair share of legit calls as well

I'm totally confused by what you're trying to say here...all I asked for you to elaborate, I didn't put words in your mouth

and if I missed the nuance, I apologize...hence why i'm asking for you to elaborate

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm totally confused by what you're trying to say here...all I asked for you to elaborate, I didn't put words in your mouth

and if I missed the nuance, I apologize...hence why i'm asking for you to elaborate

Let me translate. They are divers. They are all divers.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
They still dive (like the hooking call last night on Foligno I think it was?) and they have great speed which leads to the other team having to take penalties

They just don't get a ton of calls because the refs are weary of looking bad

It's fairly straightforward

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Very doom and gloom, aren't you.

So being out of the playoffs for the second year in a row is a cause for celebration for you?

This team could get better, but after that awesome run two years ago, it's hard to believe this team is barely a contender today. Most teams continue to progress and build on a good playoff run. Sens didn't for a myriad of reasons.

I'm sorry that I think that sucks.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
So being out of the playoffs for the second year in a row is a cause for celebration for you?

This team could get better, but after that awesome run two years ago, it's hard to believe this team is barely a contender today. Most teams continue to progress and build on a good playoff run. Sens didn't for a myriad of reasons.

I'm sorry that I think that sucks.

Losing two top tier veterans does that to teams (Alfie and Gonchar)

Glass half empty syndrome.

Look at the bright side. Young team, low spending, a lot of good young players.

I'd like to fast forward a couple years, but we can't do that. Truth is you gotta wait for this young team to grow up.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
there is no here:shakehead .... like there is no rivalry between a hammer and a nail

No one cares about regular season hammers though. Playoff hammers are all people really talk about.

And as it stands, Montreal was the teeniest, tiniest, weakest nail that only took one shot of our playoff hammer to slam hard, oh so hard, into the board.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile
No one cares about regular season hammers though. Playoff hammers are all people really talk about.

And as it stands, Montreal was the teeniest, tiniest, weakest nail that only took one shot of our playoff hammer to slam hard, oh so hard, into the board.

Still, every years we go to the dance.. when you're still waiting for an invite

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010

Remember that year we got invited to the dance and stole your girlfriend after pouring punch over your head? Yeah, they never invited us back afterwards.

Xamar*

haha, says you, I opened my door at like 1030pm that night and was yelling swear words in my neighbour hood, and I still haven't patched the wall I broke from that night. I shouldn't be watching these games :cry:

Lol! was a wack *** night fosho. Hopefully they don't repeat that tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xamar*

Are you forgetting all the years when the Sens were in the PO winning Presidents trophies while Montreal was busy booing Brisebois and trading Theodore for Aeibeisher :laugh: Oh how these clown Scabs fans forget

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Nice to know we're still in your heads even if we have basically sucked for two years since humiliating you to the point of it being a point of contention after all this time

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Still pissed off by that playoff round i see. If you weren't, you wouldn't be here on our board talking ****. :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
we should be at the level that we get to play backup goaltenders more and more, so we'll have an improved chance of winning

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
It's always fun to bring this out. I hope we win.

3157716.jpg

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl

Remember that year we got invited to the dance and stole your girlfriend after pouring punch over your head? Yeah, they never invited us back afterwards.

so how's the weather down there in the standings? :sarcasm:

just joking, I don't actually hate you guys, I come in peace-ish

Last edited:

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

It's cold. And dark.

But some of us hope we can suck enough to draft a legit center like you guys did with Galychenyuk. He is going to be a stud.

A prospect like that would go very far in changing our fortunes.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

It is actually pretty warm down here.

You know what they say, the higher you go the colder it gets. It must be pretty cold over there in Montreal.

Big Guy

Aug 1, 2013
Are we ever going to stop hearing about that series? Why does it come up in every thread and in you guys' avis? I saw pictures of the line brawls and Sens players beating on Habs players in tons of your avis...

I don't know a Habs fan who gives one iota of a **** about your team :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad