Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens Jan. 15. Hoffman Is Awesome Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

I think we should all talk in abbreviations in the GDT.

White-Number-One-Patch-Women-s-T-Shirts.jpg

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Watching Sens games against the Habs have honestly been the most frustating games to watch.

Watching Habs games is frustrating because they just never quit and their ****ing powerplay opportunities. Watching Leafs games is frustrating because the Sens never seem to ****ing show up for games against the Leafs. If they do show up, they always somehow find ways to lose against them.

Every game against these teams i keep saying that i will never watch a Sens vs. Habs or Sens vs. Leafs game again, but i still keep watching them and it will be no different tomorrow.

Hopefully the Sens come out strong tomorrow. I can't take losing to these teams.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The team has no fight in them whatsoever

They've always folded like lawn chairs on a rainy day when it comes to big games against rivals

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
If we have the lead in the 3rd, expect a parade to the box.
If we are losing in the 3rd, expect MTL to get away with everything.
If we are tied in the 3rd, expect MTL to get away with everything, AND a parade to the box.

Shall be infuriating to watch!

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
If we have the lead in the 3rd, expect a parade to the box.
If we are losing in the 3rd, expect MTL to get away with everything.
If we are tied in the 3rd, expect MTL to get away with everything, AND a parade to the box.

Shall be infuriating to watch!

It's good to know there are things you can always count on in this world.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
PRetty much

We're back to being the Senators who epically fail in important games

It is so dispiriting... Two seasons in a row of just awful, awful hockey, underperformance and anti-clutch

That's the perfect word for it. Anti-clutch.

I'll definitely watch the game and cheer on the boys (as always), but man, it just rips my heart out every time we lose these big games.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
That's the perfect word for it. Anti-clutch.

I'll definitely watch the game and cheer on the boys (as always), but man, it just rips my heart out every time we lose these big games.

They could lose every game left in this season but as long as they beat Montreal and Toronto, I wouldn't even care. Don't know why they never show up against these ****os.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think they show up against Montreal

Problems are
-Montreal is flat out better than us
-They are great at drawing PPs
-Are deadly on the PP
-Price knows how the play the refs and are great divers (although the refs seem to have caught on since they don't get a lot of PPs this year)
-We take a lot of penalties

Last year was especially disgusting with the final two games and it feels like the team still hasn't recovered from them

Prior to those games we owned Montreal

It isn't like against Toronto where the team is usually just MIA

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Problems are
-Are deadly on the PP
-Price knows how the play the refs and are great divers (although the refs seem to have caught on since they don't get a lot of PPs this year)

Last year was especially disgusting with the final two games and it feels like the team still hasn't recovered from them

I wouldn't call their pp deadly.

Montreal is bottom ten on the powerplay this season. They are as worse as the Sens are this season. Actually, the Sens have more goals on the pp than the Habs do this season believe it or not.

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Problems are
-Are deadly on the PP

You are really depressing me man. I mean more than our current spot in the standings.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I never look forward to games against Montreal and Toronto. Recently, our team finds new, and painful ways to hurt us at our very core by how they lose these games.

Last year, every game against Montreal was painful to watch. Especially with how the Sens would squander leads.

And Toronto....I think apart from Anderson's debut, Greening's last minute goal and a meaningless win last season, they've lost every game of significance.

Ain't even mad...

Xamar*

Im calling in sick to watch this tomorrow, if the Sens **** the bed I'm gonna be livid. Which is funny cuz at the same time I know in my heart they will

Xamar*

The maddest I've ever gotten because of a hockey was the comeback loss last year in MTL.. I was this close to punching my window

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
We showed signs the other night of getting the offense going... but if we have the defensive lapses like we did against Dallas, Montreal will score 6+ goals on us. They transition so well.

So obviously the score will be 2-1.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
The maddest I've ever gotten because of a hockey was the comeback loss last year in MTL.. I was this close to punching my window

haha, says you, I opened my door at like 1030pm that night and was yelling swear words in my neighbour hood, and I still haven't patched the wall I broke from that night. I shouldn't be watching these games :cry:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I wouldn't call their pp deadly.

Montreal is bottom ten on the powerplay this season. They are as worse as the Sens are this season. Actually, the Sens have more goals on the pp than the Habs do this season believe it or not.

It's deadly... against us.

Do you not cringe every time they set up a predictable one timer from the blue line?

It often goes in, too. It's all they do, and since we don't block shots it's extremely effective.

Ain't even mad...

This.

We showed signs the other night of getting the offense going... but if we have the defensive lapses like we did against Dallas, Montreal will score 6+ goals on us. They transition so well.

So obviously the score will be 2-1.

We've scored 9 goals in our last 2 games. We're due for a 1 goal performance :laugh:

I just hope the building is rocking tonight. RSU will be there. Should get nice and heated.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
If there's one thing I hate more than anything, it is losing to MTL. I absolutely despise a bunch of MTL's fans (including my friends). Bunch of soccer fans whinning and crying on everything with their blue, white and red glasses. So stubborn (sp?).

I just lost a good friend at the age of 23, life mysteries, it will be the first game I get to watch since, I hope the Senators can do me a favor.

Side note, take care all and enjoy the time you spend with your loved ones, life goes by so quickly

Hope you're getting through it all right man!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You are really depressing me man. I mean more than our current spot in the standings.

I think I've been one of the most positive posters around here the last two seasons

Only some much positive energy I can spend on this team though, I'm super sick so that might be part of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad