Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens Jan. 15. Hoffman Is Awesome Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
The team has no fight in them whatsoever

They've always folded like lawn chairs on a rainy day when it comes to big games against rivals

Not to pile on, but outside of a few good periods of time (Mtl series, back in 05-07 days) can you think of any "spotlight game" the team has ever won....i find myself pre-chocking up the loses for any and all big games the team plays in

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Not to pile on, but outside of a few good periods of time (Mtl series, back in 05-07 days) can you think of any "spotlight game" the team has ever won....i find myself pre-chocking up the loses for any and all big games the team plays in

Well, we've never in our history won a Game 7, so there's that.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well, we've never in our history won a Game 7, so there's that.

We gave a solid effort in the last one agains the Rangers, I think that and the one against Buffalo were the only good Game 7s we played

I'm more pissed about the sixth game than the seventh game of that series honestly

The Rangers were a solid, solid team though and they've only gotten better

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
To cheer us up in here a little bit!

It would have been amazing if Smith, while still fighting, just threw the Montreal Habs player (shoutout to Bob Cole) into the penalty box. He was real close to the open door.

lol @ Stu continuing to announce the goal while the brawl is going on.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

That's why the Pesky Sens were so envigorating: it honestl felt like we turned a corner

Damn Alfie and Spez bailing on the team at the worst of times!

Although it's hard to deny that the team and management really bought far too much into it, I cringe when I hear anyone associated with the team talking about it

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
That whole series with Montreal was glorious.
Ah well that was then.

Now I just hope the Sens dont embarrass us too much.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

That night I was watching the game in Montreal, and I have to say it was the most satisfying games I've ever watched. Makes me wanna cry sometimes.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think they show up against Montreal

Problems are
-Montreal is flat out better than us
-They are great at drawing PPs
-Are deadly on the PP
-Price knows how the play the refs and are great divers (although the refs seem to have caught on since they don't get a lot of PPs this year)
-We take a lot of penalties

Last year was especially disgusting with the final two games and it feels like the team still hasn't recovered from them

Prior to those games we owned Montreal

It isn't like against Toronto where the team is usually just MIA

Habs are 26th in the NHL for drawing PP's...only 4 teams have drawn few PP opportunities

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
That whole series with Montreal was glorious.
Ah well that was then.

Now I just hope the Sens dont embarrass us too much.

There was so much hope and optimism for Sens fans after that run. It really seemed like the team had developed a new culture, a new identity. Young stars were stepping up, Karlsson was back, our coach won the Jack Adams, our goaltending was amazing...

And then came the worst summer ever. Alfredsson left, Melnyk went from team savior to team miser and all the optimism we had was crushed three weeks into the season.

And it's been the same blah stuff since.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Not in total PPs, but in terms of diving and getting calls they shouldn't.

i'm not sure I understand what you mean...it was stated that Habs draw a ton of PP's

they're one of the teams that's drawn the fewest

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
i'm not sure I understand what you mean...it was stated that Habs draw a ton of PP's

It's just a bias people have. The Habs are 'great' on the powerplay and they 'dive' to get the calls.

Overall, the Habs don't draw a lot of penalties and their powerplay isn't very good. It was deadly for one period last night but has been bottom-of-the-league disappointing all season.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

No that's not what I said

I said they are good at drawing PPs, no that they draw a lot of PPs. Two different things and I know what I mean so don't put words in my mouth, learn to read and appreciate the nuance in how words are used.

They don't get a ton because they were exposed as the divers they are in the playoffs last year and the League finally decided to crack down on it

However they still dive a plenty and they still get calls

That and their great speed usually gets other teams in trouble, they may dive a lot but they draw their fair share of legit calls as well

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I thought most here don`t like fighting in hockey & want to move away from the tough guys? That was a great game to watch & probably the best played series an Ottawa team has ever played. Sure hope they don't do that to us tonight. Where has all the fire Ottawa had in that series gone? Maybe a little more of that kind of passion is what is required with these guys but where do we get that? GSN - none of those guys are playing these days so we can't blame them & the guys replacing them aren't doing much better. Interesting that Legwand as a 4th liner mostly has 17 pts, not bad for a 4th liner in half a season. Although most of those are on the PP, Neil has played on the PP a lot this season & he doesn't score as often as Legwand on the PP. So we have upgraded on the PP by a notch.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That was not one of our best played series, without Andy going into god mode that series is a disaster

The best series I've ever seen the Senators play would have to be against Buffalo in 2007: that game 3 we won 1-0 was absolutely amazing, it may have been 1-0 but that was one of the most one-sided playoffs games I've seen (and we got the other end of it in Game 2 against Anaheim, we lost 1-0 but we were never in it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad