Post-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens - 1/15/2015 - Montreal Typical

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I've been impressed with how good Gonchar has been since being traded from Dallas.

Sure, he's overpaid, but he looks like a different player than the Gonchar: Texas Ranger version. Still not amazing, but playing 18+mins/night and not looking like he's out of his element.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'd like to take this opportunity to reiterate an amazing sequence of posts that occurred in the pre-game thread. Because it was that epic.

Rscorpio
there is Rivalry no here .... like there is no rivalry between a hammer and a nail

Chocolate Leclaire
No one cares about regular season hammers though. Playoff hammers are all people really talk about.

And as it stands, Montreal was the teeniest, tiniest, weakest nail that only took one shot of our playoff hammer to slam hard, oh so hard, into the board.

Rscorpio
Still, every years we go to the dance.. when you're still waiting for an invite

Proust
Remember that year we got invited to the dance and stole your girlfriend after pouring punch over your head? Yeah, they never invited us back afterwards.

:handclap:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I know it's early but im gonna eat some crow and hope the Sens lock up Methot ASAP....the stabilization to Karl was insane last night....and those dozen or so cross checks on Galchenyuk, oh my. Speaking of Galy what a player that kid is, strong on the puck and tough as nails!

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I know it's early but im gonna eat some crow and hope the Sens lock up Methot ASAP....the stabilization to Karl was insane last night....and those dozen or so cross checks on Galchenyuk, oh my. Speaking of Galy what a player that kid is, strong on the puck and tough as nails!

Nobody needs a Marc Methot more than us.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

You thought Ryan's hit was a charge/roughing?

Really?

That was textbook.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
You thought Ryan's hit was a charge/roughing?

Really?

That was textbook.

No, he's talking about the numerous crosscheks on another play in a corner that Methot delivered to Gal. Nothing wrong with the Ryan hit.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
How was it close to charging? He didn't leave his feet

Personally thought it was more of a boarding call considering where Galy was positioned in relation to the boards. Also not a stickler for the wordings but i thought charging was targeting a player and taking a pro longed run at them, certain amount of strides or something.

I found it similar to the Methot hit the other night minus the head contact.

Considering what else was called in that game/this year i thought it would have been called.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, I looked at it again.

First of all, Ryan doesn't actually take any strides but coasts in.

Two, he only starts his run when Galchenyuk gets control of the puck and hits him well within the two seconds of him releasing it. Before that, he's sort of moving in to support the defenceman.

Even so, you don't see him accelerating or the so-called "two steps" rule because he doesn't actually move his feet.

He's at the bottom of the screen.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
In addition to discussing the Ryan hit, I think we need to talk about whether or not NyQuil's actions here should be considered stalking.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Thought I'd catch the post game show on TSN1200 but turned it off after a few minutes. Don't know who is on tonight with Jakyoubek (I think) but all he does is defend MTL and the refs. He even said Pageau was falling on his own on the breakaway and it wasn't a penalty. Worse host combo dull voices no life! Hope they lose that guy he's 10 times worse than Wilson who I'm not fond of but will gladly listen to any day over this guy.

I think you mean Matt Bradley. He's pretty vanilla, tries to do a little devil's advocate, and since he's a former player just out of the league, often defends players on both teams.

For my money, Bobby Ryan has been our best player over the last ten games or so. In addition to his sick mitts, he has also become a very complete player, a guy who can play in all situations and plays well in all three zones. I think if the club had to do it all over again, they might have slapped the "C" on Bobby, as you can make a good argument that he was more ready to assume that role than was Karlsson...

I think you have a valid point, perhaps this is why we should have had 3 A's, but oh well. I like Karl leading the team. It really is his team.

By the way, that Karlsson shot was at around what, 85%? Swedish jesus baby

I...do not understand.

Ok. That's a different post. I was speaking directly to the one you quoted.

In any case, that was not charging/interference. It was close, but it was all good.

It wasn't close at all. Ryan's slowly coasting in at like 2 mph and timed it perfectly.

I really like Condra. Always defensively sound, and his positional awareness and ability to read a developing play is outstanding. There's a reason he gets into many prime scoring spots and gets so many breakaways for a bottom six guy.

Unlike that cherry picking bum Patches. :sarcasm:

Chiasson was the brutes. Always getting chances in front of the net, but no finish whatsoever.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Montreal fans like to poke fun at the fact that Karlsson suffered a career-threatening injury and hasn't necessarily played to his full potential since.

Yeah.....they're just begging for karma to do something to one of their big names. It won't be pretty when it happens.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Montreal fans like to poke fun at the fact that Karlsson suffered a career-threatening injury and hasn't necessarily played to his full potential since.

Ah Thanks.

Interesting fact: MTL actually received more penalties than us (5 vs 4). It's the timing of the calls that enrages everyone.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

It's not that. They like to poke fun at some sens fans who keep riding that injury excuse for 2 years now. I facepalm every time I hear sens fans talking about it too. Let's get over it, ok?

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Methot is our most important player. He's the only one who can play with Karlsson and make him play like a Norris candidate.

Stone and Pageau had a ot of success together in Bingo. Maybe they can get MM9 going and we'd have a decent line.

Ah Thanks.

Interesting fact: MTL actually received more penalties than us (5 vs 4). It's the timing of the calls that enrages everyone.

It's the non calls that bugs me. Too many men, hooking, highsticking, etc.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's not that. They like to poke fun at some sens fans who keep riding that injury excuse for 2 years now. I facepalm every time I hear sens fans talking about it too. Let's get over it, ok?

This is the same fanbase that claims they lost to Ottawa in the playoffs because of injuries.

The irony is remarkable seeing as how Ottawa was obviously completely healthy.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I don't see to many people claiming that Karlsson is still recovering from the injury though. Some people comment that he's not the same since the injury, but that's in no way the same thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad