Post-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens - 1/15/2015 - Montreal Typical

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Great game.

Pageau deserves a roster spot. It will be very interesting when Smith and Neil are back, as it is evident that we do not need them anymore. Big changes are coming.

yeah right

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Oh man I feel like going on the Habs board to troll. Won't get an easy infraction like that

Quick question for Habs fans... The Karlsson slapper top shelf was about what, 83,45%?

Great game again by captain Karlsson, with his partner Methot he looks a lot better, what a surprise. Kudos to Subban for getting out of his zone 3 out of 68 times with the 3 times being chips off the boards. Great game by Anderson after the goal he allowed which I thought was meh.

As a vet, in the place of Condra, I would've passed the puck to Lazar, for real, whatever. Weircioch, painful to watch you skate, really. Ryan hit on Galchenyuk was beautiful, Methot was perfect hitting everyone god I like him. You can lose every game Senators but versus MTL no.

Actually no, win some please I can't stand losing

JBucephalus

Jan 8, 2013
Team looked really good tonight. Of course the win is always extra sweet when it's against the Canadiens. Would be nice to finally see a decent win streak emerge out of this caliber of play. Lets go!

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Yeah, it's hard to read too much into this one.

Not to mock them but they just can't reliably figure out our team. And with where we are - you gotta take what you can get and it's pretty sweet when we beat up on Montreal and their fans go ballistic.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That goal by Pacioretty sure is debatable on whether it was a weak goal let in by Anderson.

First off, you really shouldn't allow a goal scorer like Pacioretty on a breakaway.

On the goal itself, it was kind of weakish, but Pacioretty is a goal scorer. Anderson did come out and challenge him, but Pacioretty found his five hole.

It is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Everyone played great except for Weircoch, Karlsson ripped one in, Andy let in a softie but then shut her down. Oh and Pageau was EVERYWHERE!

Huh? I thought Weir was solid. Nothing spectacular, but effective.

That goal by Pacioretty sure is debatable on whether it was a weak goal let in by Anderson.

First of you, you really shouldn't allow a goal scorer like Pacioretty on a breakaway.

On the goal itself, it was kind of weakish but Pacioretty is a goal scorer. Anderson did come out and challenge him, but Pacioretty found his five hole.

It is what it is.

I'm pretty sure the whack by Cowen just as Patch was shooting threw off Andy. He might have touched the puck. I wouldn't call it a weak goal really.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Well, he is only a young 22 year-old.

Still so much upside too at that age. It'll piss me off so much if Smith comes back and takes his spot.

Me too. I didn't think Pageau had what it took to be an NHLer but I've come around. He's just very, very competitive whereas smith doesn't even appear to be trying anymore.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
3157716.jpg

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

I'm pretty sure the whack by Cowen just as Patch was shooting threw off Andy. He might have touched the puck. I wouldn't call it a weak goal really.

Maybe.

Watching the replay again, i would honestly also put some of the blame on Ceci on that goal.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Had some issues with the puck on his stick which seems to be all some posters saw. He defended well imo.

Yeah, not sure you can fault a goalie for letting in a breakaway shot with a rolling puck and a possible tip off Cowen's stick. Maybe one he'd like back, but not weak per say.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Had some issues with the puck on his stick which seems to be all some posters saw. He defended well imo.

Meh, maybe there was that one play in the neutral zone where he lost the puck when it was bouncing. But I gotta say he's got an excellent stick.

He'll be better with the puck the next game he plays. Tough to play a couple, then sit a couple, then play a couple.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Thought I'd catch the post game show on TSN1200 but turned it off after a few minutes. Don't know who is on tonight with Jakyoubek (I think) but all he does is defend MTL and the refs. He even said Pageau was falling on his own on the breakaway and it wasn't a penalty. Worse host combo dull voices no life! Hope they lose that guy he's 10 times worse than Wilson who I'm not fond of but will gladly listen to any day over this guy.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Meh, maybe there was that one play in the neutral zone where he lost the puck when it was bouncing. But I gotta say he's got an excellent stick.

He'll be better with the puck the next game he plays. Tough to play a couple, then sit a couple, then play a couple.

Yeah, I liked his game, and agree that for coming in from being a healthy scratch, that wasn't bad at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad