Post-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens - 1/15/2015 - Montreal Typical

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Interesting on the french talk show on RDS Latendresse said something about Karlsson.

People were talking like they have to live with Subban's mistakes and take the good he can give. Latendresse said that when he was in Ottawa Maclean and Karlsson were always arguing and Karlsson was saying to Maclean look you have to live with my mistakes of course I will make some

Xamar*

Interesting on the french talk show on RDS Latendresse said something about Karlsson.

People were talking like they have to live with Subban's mistakes and take the good he can give. Latendresse said that when he was in Ottawa Maclean and Karlsson were always arguing and Karlsson was saying to Maclean look you have to live with my mistakes of course I will make some

Hmm thats interesting I always want to know whats going on behind the scenes

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

interesting

I don't believe him though lol

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Thought I'd catch the post game show on TSN1200 but turned it off after a few minutes. Don't know who is on tonight with Jakyoubek (I think) but all he does is defend MTL and the refs. He even said Pageau was falling on his own on the breakaway and it wasn't a penalty. Worse host combo dull voices no life! Hope they lose that guy he's 10 times worse than Wilson who I'm not fond of but will gladly listen to any day over this guy.

He's new to radio, and it shows. Plus, ex NHL-ers always seem to be a little dull vocally.

Seriously though, he's very pro-Sens, if he defended the refs it's a rare occurrence.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
For my money, Bobby Ryan has been our best player over the last ten games or so. In addition to his sick mitts, he has also become a very complete player, a guy who can play in all situations and plays well in all three zones. I think if the club had to do it all over again, they might have slapped the "C" on Bobby, as you can make a good argument that he was more ready to assume that role than was Karlsson...

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Excellent game all around, even better than the past few good ones we've had in a row (even though the score sometimes didn't follow). This is basically the team I wish we could keep for the rest of the season, with Boro swapping in and out with Wiercioch occasionally. Maybe when Smith comes back he could replace Lazar but I don't really care either way.

They're playing like a team; I don't see much difference from one pairing to the next. Karlsson is much more solid with Methot back. Michalek is playing better; playing with Pageau seems to have energized him. Condra is bringing life to the 4th line. And Bobby's the boss.

Keep playing like this; I don't know if we're going to make the playoffs this year, but this is making me very hopeful for next year, as long as Methot is back of course.

JBucephalus

Jan 8, 2013

I could definitely see that having happened often. Maclean always used to talk about how Karlsson was a good player when he played for us. Meaning that he was often making turnovers and Maclean viewed that as "playing for the other team". Said it to the media so I'm sure he talked to Karlsson about it as well.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012

lol Lats wasn't even part of the team IMO. If he DID here that, it was sneaking around outside Macleans office when he was grabbing his hockey gear for a pick-up game.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
For my money, Bobby Ryan has been our best player over the last ten games or so. In addition to his sick mitts, he has also become a very complete player, a guy who can play in all situations and plays well in all three zones. I think if the club had to do it all over again, they might have slapped the "C" on Bobby, as you can make a good argument that he was more ready to assume that role than was Karlsson...

Everything in the Summer was about Ryan assuming a bigger leadership role. He wants to be noted as a good leader and i think he wants to have an impact on this franchise.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Really liked how they shut it down in the third. Just 6 shots for habs when they desperately needed to score.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Just listened to the Pageau interview. Why do they always assume that francophones grew up rooting for Mtl?

They always bring it up for JGP and Giroux when both of them grew up as Sens fans.

Big Guy

Aug 1, 2013
Just listened to the Pageau interview. Why do they always assume that francophones grew up rooting for Mtl?

They always bring it up for JGP and Giroux when both of them grew up as Sens fans.

They shamelessly pander to locals and language is often the best way in their opinion.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Thanks.

What is considered a bad corsi?

50% is even, which means equal number of shot attempts for both teams at even strength

The higher the better, although there are score effects and other stuff, so it's more complicated than that.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Yeah he was. 2012/13 shortened lockout season.

Karlsson only played 17 games that year because... well, you know... but they were teammates under Maclean for a season.

He was on the roster, but he wasn't 'part of the team'. That's all I meant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad