Prospect Info: Habs Rookie Camp (September 15-21) Roster & Games in OP

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hamilton Bulldogs confirm that Avery Hayes and Tag Bertuzzi have been invited to Habs' Rookie Camp. They also confirm Mysak will be there, but we already knew that with him being a Habs prospect.

2021NHLRookieCamp-1024x1024.jpg

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Early pics for big surprises at rookie camp?
Probably Norlinder, he'll get the most attention in any case, especially since Caufield, Romanov and Mailloux won't be there. I expect he'll look very good with the puck, maybe score a few red vs white goals. People will be ready to get excited and he's got a flashy skill set.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I updated the OP with a list of players that have been confirmed to be invited. There are others that have been mentioned in this thread that could possible be invites, but since they haven't been confirmed, I didn't list them.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Probably Norlinder, he'll get the most attention in any case, especially since Caufield, Romanov and Mailloux won't be there. I expect he'll look very good with the puck, maybe score a few red vs white goals. People will be ready to get excited and he's got a flashy skill set.

He would seem like a lock to shine at the camp... I meant "suprises" more so of player(s) who will be play well above expectations (whether that's at the level of making legit noise towards an NHL spot earlier than expected or simply being more impactful vis a vis other prospects than projected).

Someone like Brook looking nhl ready, or Hillis being the top C at camp... surprises like that.

???

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He would seem like a lock to shine at the camp... I meant "suprises" more so of player(s) who will be play well above expectations (whether that's at the level of making legit noise towards an NHL spot earlier than expected or simply being more impactful vis a vis other prospects than projected).

Someone like Brook looking nhl ready, or Hillis being the top C at camp... surprises like that.

???

Kidney, Vrbetic and Roy could surprise IMO.

Kidney had insane PO.
Vrbetic was playing for a bad team.
Roy actually started training.

Jul 6, 2016
No date so far ? Could it be .... "again" ..... related to Covid ?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No date so far ? Could it be .... "again" ..... related to Covid ?

The last two Rookie Camps the Habs had (2018 & 2019), the camps started around September 7th. And the rosters were officially announced end of August.

So if we go by their previous camp announcements, we should be getting the date and the rosters of the Rookie Camp in the next week or so.

What I'm most curious about, is if they will have a Rookie Showcase against other NHL/AHL teams' rookie camps. The last two they had were between Laval, Belleville, and Manitoba.

Jul 6, 2016
The last two Rookie Camps the Habs had (2018 & 2019), the camps started around September 7th. And the rosters were officially announced end of August.

So if we go by their previous camp announcements, we should be getting the date and the rosters of the Rookie Camp in the next week or so.

What I'm most curious about, is if they will have a Rookie Showcase against other NHL/AHL teams' rookie camps. The last two they had were between Laval, Belleville, and Manitoba.

Usually, it's more of a slugfest than real hockey. Lots of those kids want to impress by their toughness.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Usually, it's more of a slugfest than real hockey. Lots of those kids want to impress by their toughness.

I know there are players that want to show what they can offer. Some even overdoing it. But I think that a game situation is also the best way to evaluate your prospects/invitees.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

???

What are the current flaws in Brook's defensive game? Hockey sense? Processing speed? Passing?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Kidney, Vrbetic and Roy could surprise IMO.

Kidney had insane PO.
Vrbetic was playing for a bad team.
Roy actually started training.

not familiar with Vrbetic at all, will be interested to see what he can do.

Roy strikes me as a big sleeper given how much talent is there. If he has indeed figured out the maturity piece and is putting in the work, he could rise very fast. Might be a bit soon this year, but if healthy and dedicated, he could be a guy turning massive heads this season.

Can't wait to see what Kidney does in camp as well!

Reactions: bopeep

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Mika Cyr, who played the last 4 years for the Moncton Wildcats of the Q has been invited to the Rookie Camp.

He plays center and wing. He is 22 years old. 5'9" and 176 lbs according to Elite Prospects.

He was close to a point-per-game player in the Q. 186 pts (96G, 90A) in 210 GP.

Reactions: respect the D

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3