Prospect Info: Habs Rookie Camp (September 15-21) Roster & Games in OP

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
:habs

September 15-21

Rookie Camp Games:
September 18th @ Ottawa
September 20th vs. Ottawa (Bell Sports Complex)
September 21st vs. University of Ottawa of USports (Bell Sports Complex)

E-7t_kfWYBs0NOY

E-7t_klWEAQuaqH

Last edited:
Reactions: Chili and L4br3cqu3

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I don't know when Habs' rookie camp is, but Stephane Leroux announced a few players from the Q, who have been invited to rookie camps around the NHL, and he wrote that Habs invited:

Miguel Tourigny of Blainville-Boisbriand Armada
Charles-Antoine Pilote of Moncton Wildcats
Bennet MacArthur of Acadie-Bathurst Titan

Tourigny (19 years old - RD) - 5'8" & 165 lbs
2020-21: 36 pts (15G, 21A) in 32 GP -- Playoffs: 8 pts (3G, 5A) in 9 GP

Pilote (18 years old - LD) - 6'3" & 192 lbs
2020-21: 10 pts (3G, 7A) in 31 GP -- Playoffs: 3 pts (1G, 2A) in 6 GP

MacArhur (20 years old - LW) - 5'11" & 194 lbs
2020-21: 40 pts (28G, 12A) in 33 GP -- Playoffs: 11 pts (6G, 5A) in 9 GP

MacArthur was the 3rd best goal scorer in the QMJHL last season, 0.85GPG

If he does well at the camp, given his age, wouldn't be surprised to see him in Laval/Trois-Rivières

Tourigny is tiny for a dman, but damn he does everything on the ice, and ain't scared of no one.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
MacArthur was the 3rd best goal scorer in the QMJHL last season, 0.85GPG

If he does well at the camp, given his age, wouldn't be surprised to see him in Laval/Trois-Rivières

Tourigny is tiny for a dman, but damn he does everything on the ice, and ain't scared of no one.

Trois-Rivieres coming into the picture changes so much for the organization.

Watched some videos of Tourigny, the kid's good. Small, but good.

Both MacArthur and Tourigny could be interesting options for contracts.

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
I don't know when Habs' rookie camp is, but Stephane Leroux announced a few players from the Q, who have been invited to rookie camps around the NHL, and he wrote that Habs invited:

That's weird, Titan says MacArthur is going to Arizona's camp.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That's weird, Titan says MacArthur is going to Arizona's camp.

It could be a Leroux mistake. Just Tweeted this to him so we'll see if he sees it, he'll correct it.

It could be that he had Tourigny and Pilote both "à Montréal" so when he listed MacArthur, he still had "à Montréal" in his head.

Depending on the dates of each he could have been invited to both, as I have seen players attend more then one rookie camp although I don't know if that was done in advance or just after not getting signed from one they went to another.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Some good undrafted talent out of the Q over the yeas: St. Louis, Marchessault, Gourde, Steve Duchesne.

The smaller good players seem to get over looked the most.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Depending on the dates of each he could have been invited to both, as I have seen players attend more then one rookie camp although I don't know if that was done in advance or just after not getting signed from one they went to another.

Never knew that a player can attend two camps depending on the dates each organization holds it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Never knew that a player can attend two camps depending on the dates each organization holds it.

I know there was someone at the Habs camp and then went to another NHL teams camp but it could have been where he was at our development camp and their rookie camp, I forget but there's no rule against it so as long as the dates were open for both and they didn't get signed from the first one then they could do it in theory.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Do you know if there will be a development camp? Or will development camp and rookie camp be merged into one?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
if we knew, you would know, I would suspect the info will be out soon since time is ticking since July is coming to an end

If no one else has heard anything, and news is coming out about rookie camp, I'd imagine no separate development camp.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Tourigny's also going to the Team Canada WJC camp.

I was hoping the Habs would invite undrafted Peter Reynolds to rookie camp. I haven't heard yet where he might be going.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This is an intriguing one

Ivan Zhigalov at eliteprospects.com

"One player that they may come to know after this event however is Ivan Zhigalov, the Belarusian goaltender who held them in the game for much of the night. He was able to hold the Belarusian team within one goal until the final two minutes of the second period and then continued to battle in the third period keeping it 3-1 until the final two minutes of the third period. All in all, Zhigalov was very strong in net and likely deserved a better fate than a 5-1 loss." - Dobberprospects

Repêchage euro: le gardien Ivan Zhigalov est le choix du Phoenix

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
This is an intriguing one

Ivan Zhigalov at eliteprospects.com

"One player that they may come to know after this event however is Ivan Zhigalov, the Belarusian goaltender who held them in the game for much of the night. He was able to hold the Belarusian team within one goal until the final two minutes of the second period and then continued to battle in the third period keeping it 3-1 until the final two minutes of the third period. All in all, Zhigalov was very strong in net and likely deserved a better fate than a 5-1 loss." - Dobberprospects

Repêchage euro: le gardien Ivan Zhigalov est le choix du Phoenix

Is he considered an undrafted CHL player and can be signed or an undrafted euro and cannot?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
undrafted Euro, can't be signed as far as I know.
What I thought as well based on nationality, but wasn't sure if the league the player is signed out of changes that.

I believe if he plays only in NA this year, he would be eligible to be signed after next draft.

He is ineligible this year because he played at least 1 game in Europe this season.

Good example of this is Tkachyov who had played half the season in Russia and half in Moncton. He was still deemed ineligible because of the Russia half even if he played in Moncton for the rest of the year.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I believe if he plays only in NA this year, he would be eligible to be signed after next draft.

He is ineligible this year because he played at least 1 game in Europe this season.

Good example of this is Tkachyov who had played half the season in Russia and half in Moncton. He was still deemed ineligible because of the Russia half even if he played in Moncton for the rest of the year.

Thanks for clearing that up. So basically he is a warm body in goalie equipment for the rookie camp since we only have 2 or possibly 3 coming for it. If there was any real interest, they probably would have used the extra 7 th rd pick they banked for next year on him.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Thanks for clearing that up. So basically he is a warm body in goalie equipment for the rookie camp since we only have 2 or possibly 3 coming for it. If there was any real interest, they probably would have used the extra 7 th rd pick they banked for next year on him.

It's a good chance to get a real evaluation in. Remember that there was no combine this year and no Habs euro combine. Considering how little games he played, there probably wasn't a whole lot of in person viewings.

Then you either draft him next year or you can sign him after the draft if warranted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad