TSN: Habs Reluctant to trade Shaw

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Don’t want this to derail too much but just cause he called someone an ag-fey on the ice doesn’t necessarily make him a homophobe. I’d be willing to bet over 60% of the league has that in their everyday vocabulary. It’s a hockey culture type of thing and unless you’ve played high competitive hockey you probaably won’t believe it.

Blame the culture around it and the way the word has transformed over the years. There’s a pretty funny Louis CK skit about that word and it’s use and I think it can shed a light on how people use it in today’s society.

Ok. He's either a homophobe or an idiot or both.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
If he truly hated losing like Bergy said...

I've heard him at least three times say that the media scrutiny is intense here. And the feeling I got when he said those was that he's not a fan of it all. And he also mentioned the taxes...So to me, he's the one who asked to fly away from me. It's just a guess, not an inside info or anything.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
I wish we had some context....

If he's reluctant to trade him because he's not getting offered value then I'm OK with it.

If he's reluctant to trade him because he thinks Shaw will be a vital piece to Montreal's playoff team next year then he's a moron.

Andrew Shaw is fine, and on a playoff team he will bring a lot to the third line. I guess it comes down to Bergie / Molson believing this team is a playoff team or not, sooner rather than later.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
No, you want him to be that, makes it more fun to dislike him.

Like you’ve never used foul language in your life....whatever

I remember when this was a big deal. https://www.rds.ca/hockey/brisebois-se-fait-traiter-de-f***ing-frog-1.216812

Jordin Tootoo alleged that Alexandre Burrows taunted him about his brother's suicide on the ice. A lot of things said on the ice should stay on the ice. Not a story or a reason for negative publicity.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Bergevin just does not get it. Every player should be available for the right price. He does not put the team before his stubbornness. The wrong mindset for a GM

Hiring a bunch of your friends who aren't doing the job and yet still keeping them around isn't a good idea either. It must've really broke MB's heart to have to fire his buddy MT and everyone else still employed. Playing GM and making decisions using your heart instead of your head is very bad for business has everyone can see when looking at the deplorable state the Habs and Laval are currently in.

It's gonna be painful to be a Habs fan for a good while to come I fear. :(

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Shaw was playing well before getting hurt. Trading him now would be poor asset management.

If he was playing well, wouldn't now be the time to trade him while his value is high?

I could see him having no value, or worse negative value really quickly.

I'd trade him for a 2nd and retain 2 million. Time to cut our loses before they get worse and he takes away ice time from players who know how to stick handle and make hockey plays like:

Pacioretty Hudon Gallagher
Scherbak Galchenyuk Drouin
Lehkonen Danault Byron

There's just no more room for him and Plekanec.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Obviously other GMs are asking Montreal to add a 1st/2nd round pick to take him. 4M 3rd liner, always injured/hurt in some way, signed long term.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Habs reluctant to trade Shaw
Habs reluctant to ice a good team
Habs reluctant to to hire the best possible people
Habs reluctant to put their players in the best position to succeed
Habs reluctant to resist the urge to destroy the entire roster
Habs reluctant to not suck for two decades

What else is new
EllipticalUnrealisticAsiaticmouflon-size_restricted.gif

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Gotta keep him around for when they can contend in 3-4 yrs.

He will have the body of a 45 year old and 7 concussions under his belt, but hey, Cup Champ 10 yrs ago

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
For the first time in my life, I'm putting into question my fanhood for this team. I just can't take it anymore, this ownership and management literally cannot do a single thing right.

You have to be a complete and utter moron not to jump at the opportunity to trade Shaw.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
If Winnipeg give you a 4th liner and a 5th round pick for him you would do it?

That might be the type of deal hes reluctant about.

shaw hasn’t been the worst hab this year...

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Haven't used that word since high school.

Oh, maybe he never finished HS like MB. Probably why he likes him so much.
I’m sure some posters here never did either....why don’t you ridicule them too while you’re at it, let’s base the quality of a person on if they either passed high school or not.......your colours are shinning man.

The richest man that I know, he’s a millionaire ( couple of 100 times over) NEVER WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The simplest, most “non judgemental” person I know, pure gold, brilliant brilliant man.

Your high school thesis holds NO WEIGHT

Anyways, back to the habs

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If Winnipeg give you a 4th liner and a 5th round pick for him you would do it?

That might be the type of deal hes reluctant about.

shaw hasn’t been the worst hab this year...

You can't have twelve 3rd liners in a team. We will have to trade some of them eventually. Trading the old (Byron) or overpaid (Shaw) ones make sense.

Montreal will always astonish me. It's like nobody learned anything about the last 25 years. A team who is afraid to trade 3rd liners but not afraid to trade noris caliber dmen will never ever go anywhere.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The habs are reluctant to trade Shaw probably because of how much salary they need to retain in order to bribe some team to take him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad