Post-Game Talk: Habs Prevail in Shootout -- 4-3 over Pens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Not sure what half this board is gonna whine about now that Drouin did well. Maybe Hudon? Ouellet? Somehow Deslauriers? Anyway, very good game. Good for Niemi.

My personal choices are Armia and Pleks.
If anything Hudon should get more TOI.

The PP is pretty bad too.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Christ, Drouin played like 24 minutes! I guess that's what happens when you basically don't play your fourth line. I'd be okay if plekanec didn't play another game after the next one.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yep, i like him too. That save on crosby was huge.

Something about the way he moves on his crease though, like a snail or an octopus or something slithering around lol.

No matter how much they slim down his equipment, he always looks like a Russian cosmonaut of the 50s for some reason. And, yes, I realize he's not Russian -- it's just his overall appearance.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The line of Tatar-Danault-Gallagher was the game changer. Great game by JD....finally.

But 2 things i hated. Claude Julien made terrible choice of player on that 5-on-3.......and tva sports...can these guys get a picture of Drouin and Danault, a box of kleenex, some vaseline and a dark room cause they were more than annoying, they barely talked about the real heroes of this games in Tatar and Gallagher

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Worst part of it is the players were as immobile as this
It's like someone was pranking them and superglued their skates to the ice. I also don't understand how they go with Shaw and Armia as part of the 3 players that are actually in play.

Jul 6, 2016
Claude is not using him well at all, he won’t produce on a 3rd line with Armia, it’s pathetic, he should be centering Tatar and Gally, Danault is horrible.

Julien is using Kotka perfectly. Since when a 18 yo guy is supposed to be 1st line centerman at NHL level ? Kotkaniemi is no Crosby or McDavid for your info.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
The line of Tatar-Danault-Gallagher was the game changer. Great game by JD....finally.

But 2 things i hated. Claude Julien made terrible choice of player on that 5-on-3.......and tva sports...can these guys get a picture of Drouin and Danault, a box of kleenex, some vaseline and a dark room cause they were more than annoying, they barely talked about the real heroes of this games in Tatar and Gallagher

Can't see the pictures in a dark room. SMH, get your shit together!

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
I didn't like our chances going into Shootout. They showed something.

Perhaps they showed that they had a good read on the backup goaltender. Regardless, it was a good job just to get to a shoot-out, against a team with a whole lot of talent.

Reactions: Runner77

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
So Kotkaniemi will stay for the entire season, nice. Even if Assat was a gong show id rather send him there, play him with men that are much harder on you.

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
They need to fix that PP format ASAP. I've never seen that before.

-----Audience-----
Player 1 Player 2

Net

Player 3 Player 4
Player 5

Like seriously wtf is that?
Not sure i agree. I like giving extra space for our already mobile and smart defense on the PP.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I know it's unlikely to happen, but I'd put out feelers for any interest in Price with the habs eating up some salary.I think the goaltending with Lindgren and Niemi would be just as good and at least serviceable for the next few years at least.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Not sure i agree. I like giving extra space for our already mobile and smart defense on the PP.
Well maybe those two guys shouldn't be so far down. They were basically part of the audience. It was always a 3 on 3 or a 4 on 3(favouring the penalty killers) with those two guys outside of the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad