Post-Game Talk: Habs Prevail in Shootout -- 4-3 over Pens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Ok sure shelter him, but at least send him out there on the PP, or we shelter him from 5v4 hockey too? How do you justify not playing him on the 5v3?

This is Pittsburgh, with two of the best Centers in the game. Wait until we play some garbage teams, and then put Kotka on the PP. I'm confident that Julien knows what he is doing. Just look at how this team has performed thus far!

This team needs to win right now, more than anything else.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
How surprising coming from you......niemi did get scored on the 1st goal like Price the other night and you said that the team lost because of that...changed your mind?
No,Niemi started off slow but played excellent later on.Not a fan of paying an average goalie 10.5 within a salary cap.Figure we could cut that number down by 80% and get equal or better goaltending.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Claude isn’t even giving Kotka a chance at the Calder.

He had no chance to begin with. He'd have to go back to Finland for another season in order to have any chance. But I'm confident that Kotka would rather be in Montreal than in Finland, even if it means no Calder.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
No,Niemi started off slow but played excellent later on.Not a fan of paying an average goalie 10.5 within a salary cap.Figure we could cut that number down by 80% and get equal or better goaltending.
You just have to hope the team you're trading with isn't as smart as you are

Reactions: Max2

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

giphy.gif

But really, trading Max is supposed to be all about the future. What really matters in this trade is what becomes of Suzuki.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Still need a net front presence.

However I only saw the 5 on 3 and ot pp.

The PP is still too spread out, no screen and players don't have lethal shots.

Loved how Juulsen didn't just accept an iffy hit by Malkin. Kind of sad no one really did anything and wouldn't have done anything.

Liked the battle back. Would have been nice for Tatar to get a hatty.

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
But really, trading Max is supposed to be all about the future. What really matters in this trade is what becomes of Suzuki.

If we can trade Tatar (for a 1st at least) we should do it, but I have no faith in MB when it comes to trade players while they play well.

He generally trade them when they suck and their value is pretty low.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
crazy game, after the 1st I thought they were done as I thought Pitt was going to come in here fired up after getting their ass kicked at home. Plus I thought Niemi would suck as I figured he would crash back to reality but he played well for sure.

Drouin with his best game by far, Domi continues to impress with his speed and effort. Tatar with a big game. That PP though, yikes. We badly need goal scorers.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

First, Lindgren should start to be good in the AHL to begin with.

Second, you're not paying anybody

Third, Price's contract doesn't make any difference since we have more $7M in cap space for a second year in a row.

Why don't you just say it....you want Price gone at any cost. Save you some time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->