Post-Game Talk: Habs Prevail in Shootout -- 4-3 over Pens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
If you have no clue then just don't comment...

Sounds like you have no examples, you are just belching out stuff with no quotes yourself. Quote the Matthews comparisons you are ranting about? If I just post a comment like 'You guys comparing Gallagher to Mario Lemiuex make me sick', shouldn't I cite a post?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
He is keeping up just fine physically and mentally, none of what you just said justifies his poor usage.

He had 1 game where in the 3rd period he got less minutes, thats not poor usage.

He has 1 point in 4 games, hasn't gotten a point since game 1. I am not saying he is playing bad but he isn't playing as good as you are hyping him up to be.

Stop acting like a little league dad LOL. You need to reign in your expectations on how the youngest player in the NHL is going to be used or else you will be screaming at your TV all year long.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Funny how you are judging him with “he hasn’t had a point since game 1”, have you even watched him play? Or just looking at the stats after the game? He’s not being put in a situation to get points, he’s playing with scrubs and no power play, he’s creating chances every time he has the puck but his line mates can’t keep up. Send him back after 9? Seriously are you even watching him play?

Just because Claude is using him the way he is doesn’t make him right, he’s far from being the best coach in the league, very far.

Yes I am watcing him play, and he is creating chances and doing well, but he also isn't putting points on the board and has started to take penalties too. Playing with Drouin is not a situation to get points LOL. Playing with scrubs? its not like he has been with guys like Parros and Laraque come one now.

He isn't performing up to the mythical standards you have created. And being the youngest player in the NHL you are going to have to deal with him not being anointed the number 1 star of the Montreal Canadians just yet.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
He had 1 game where in the 3rd period he got less minutes, thats not poor usage.

He has 1 point in 4 games, hasn't gotten a point since game 1. I am not saying he is playing bad but he isn't playing as good as you are hyping him up to be.

Stop acting like a little league dad LOL. You need to reign in your expectations on how the youngest player in the NHL is going to be used or else you will be screaming at your TV all year long.
Would you at least agree that he might have more points if he was playing with Tatar and Gally and had 1st line PP minutes?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

This monstrosity of a pelt is going to become a post-game thing. Is it alive? Someone here is bound to give it a name.

Last edited:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Would you at least agree that he might have more points if he was playing with Tatar and Gally and had 1st line PP minutes?

I can't say yes or no, and if he was as good as you say he is he shouldn't need Tatar/Gally he should be making the others around him better. And Drouin isn't some no talent skeez, he is actually probably the habs most talented forward. His execution has been lacking but his talent is there.

I wouldn't break up a line that has chemistry and is doing well for an 18 year old. The kid is learning the NHL game, being a professional and sometimes that means sheltering him or giving him less minutes. Its not easy playing your first season against the best in the world and to exepct him to be 100% always the best at all times.
He will grow into his role you just can't force it right now for the youngest player in the NHL.

What I would like to see is Domi-JK-BG line at some point, with Tatar-Danault-Drouin. But there is plenty of season to see that. For now as an 18 year old JK is doing amazing. The fact that he is still in the NHL is an accomplishment on its own, considering after the Rookie camp many thought we made a huge mistake and Zadina was going to haunt us for years.

In the end I want to see him get points but that doesn't mean that the entire team has to be structured around him. As the season goes by he will get his points but for now he is 4 games into his NHL career and still learning. You should take any time he gets as gravy because in reality the kid was supposed to be in Finland right now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tatar himself can't figure out where it's from. :laugh:

2hq2em.jpg

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I can't say yes or no, and if he was as good as you say he is he shouldn't need Tatar/Gally he should be making the others around him better. And Drouin isn't some no talent skeez, he is actually probably the habs most talented forward. His execution has been lacking but his talent is there.

I wouldn't break up a line that has chemistry and is doing well for an 18 year old. The kid is learning the NHL game, being a professional and sometimes that means sheltering him or giving him less minutes. Its not easy playing your first season against the best in the world and to exepct him to be 100% always the best at all times.
He will grow into his role you just can't force it right now for the youngest player in the NHL.

What I would like to see is Domi-JK-BG line at some point, with Tatar-Danault-Drouin. But there is plenty of season to see that. For now as an 18 year old JK is doing amazing. The fact that he is still in the NHL is an accomplishment on its own, considering after the Rookie camp many thought we made a huge mistake and Zadina was going to haunt us for years.

In the end I want to see him get points but that doesn't mean that the entire team has to be structured around him. As the season goes by he will get his points but for now he is 4 games into his NHL career and still learning. You should take any time he gets as gravy because in reality the kid was supposed to be in Finland right now.
you're saying they were wrong FOUR games into Kotkaniemi's career ? seriously ?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Actually Bergeron played his first 2 seasons under Mike Sullivan and his 3rd season under Doug Lewis. He was already a dominating player when Julien was named head coach.

Further, even if Julien had been a good decision maker fifteen years ago, it wouldn't mean that he's a good decision maker today.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Huge win at home against Pens. Great confidence boost and terrific job so far by one of the youngest team in the league. There will be some tougher parts at times but I expect to see a progression all over the year.
Being that underrated just double the pleasure.
There will be no easy game it's a war every night.
Bring on the Wings!

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
We have Tatar for this season and 2 more after that. There is no rush to trade him. And fewer years he has on his contract the more value he will have to another team. There is 3 TDL's to debate about trading the guy LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad