Post-Game Talk: Habs Out-pen Pens in 5-1 Spanking -- Lord Byron Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
And I was mocked when I stressed how skilled Domi was.

His 9 goal seasons left little to be desired but I have to admit he's been a spark plug out there these past 2 games. Hopefully he starts putting the puck in the net with some consistency.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Bob Cole sad to see him go......only 9 more games and he is goona retire....end of a era...
85 years young ..what a career..

Yup. End of an era. I couldn’t care less that Cole makes a few mistakes on names here and there. He adds raw emotion to a game that has lost most of that over the years. I’ll take a 90 year Bob Cole screwing up names over Jim Hughson over pronouncing them and sounding like a robot every time.

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
Just an all round solid game by Montreal.

So much better on D. They're protecting the slot, kept the Pens to the outside, shut down any cycles, and moved the puck quickly out of the zone. No more gawd awful and errant D to D passes that screwed up all breakouts.

One touch up and it's out.

Price might actually survive this season.
Yes the team defensive game is so much improved,hats off to Luke Richardson.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Please tell me we're not doing this after two games. It's going to be a long season, you'll get your due when he can show that he can do it in the long haul.

Can't we just be happy for the two games and leave it at that?
This game is a "load-blower". The follow-up game is usually a much more tame affair for the team. Pittsburgh blew their load on the Caps, and crashed against us. We'll see how the Habs do against the Kings, who are actually good at defense and will not be underestimating them. Mostly likely, the scoring struggles will show up as the game after a load blower is part of the refractory period.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Drouin and armia don't fit with each other. One plays the game fast and the other plays it slow.
Hudon or Scherbak with Drouin and Kotkaniemi would be much better

Reactions: Redux91

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Would be VERY interested to see the record with Pacioretty in the line-up vs without.

Marshy71

Nov 10, 2015
Pens fan here, just wanted to pop by and say well done on tonights game - i could only listen to it, but it sounds like your team is just playing with hunger at the moment, written off by almost everyone - point to prove and nothing to lose. Unlucky in the game against the leafs too. Fully deserved the win tonight. Great start to the season for you all, hope it continues for you!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Pens fan here, just wanted to pop by and say well done on tonights game - i could only listen to it, but it sounds like your team is just playing with hunger at the moment, written off by almost everyone - point to prove and nothing to lose. Unlucky in the game against the leafs too. Fully deserved the win tonight. Great start to the season for you all, hope it continues for you!

It's not only playing with hunger at the moment. The team is full of hard workers. 11 of our 12 forwards are extreme hard workers. They don't know how to play any other way - never have, never will.

The team was built on hard work and speed. There is skill, but it wasn't the main focus.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Danault led all forwards in ice time with 18:16 , 7 of 17 on the dot
Kotka 14 mins, whopping 3 mins of PP time, +2 , 3 shots, 6 of 9 on the dot
Lehkonen 2 assists, 3 mins of PP, 1:30 mins of PK , being used as an all around player
Domi 1 apple, 5 of 18 on the dot, but not terrible in his own zone, what a motor, and skill
Byron ismaking me eat words

Mike Reilly led all defensemen in ice time with 22:27, 3 mins SH, +2, 3 blocked shots
Jeff Petry 2 passes, +3 , 3 hits
Noah Juulsen 20:36 mins , +1, 3 shots, 5 hits, 2 blocked shots

Marshy71

Nov 10, 2015
It's not only playing with hunger at the moment. The team is full of hard workers. 11 of our 12 forwards are extreme hard workers. They don't know how to play any other way - never have, never will.

The team was built on hard work and speed. There is skill, but it wasn't the main focus.

Love this. Exactly how the approach should be. Can only lead to good things. Skill will come, but it needs to complement the hard work, not the other way around which you see so often.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Love this. Exactly how the approach should be. Can only lead to good things. Skill will come, but it needs to complement the hard work, not the other way around which you see so often.
come on now...

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I have to admit that I was very pessimistic going into this season and am glad that the boys have proved me wrong. I am really proud with how they have been playing and definitely show a a lot of promise for the future. Hopefully they can keep this momentum going.
I was wondering where all the Mr. Negavitites were. Predicting we should rebuild and were front runners in the Hughes sweepstakes.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I was wondering where all the Mr. Negavitites were. Predicting we should rebuild and were front runners in the Hughes sweepstakes.
nope, you are absolutely right, 2 wins and the Habs should cancel any rebuilding plans they ever had. Nobody ever expected the Habs to win two games in a row, nobody...

last two games were good (and fun to watch), but some of you need to stop acting like Habs just won the cup. You're making Leafs fans look like sane people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad