Post-Game Talk: Habs Out-pen Pens in 5-1 Spanking -- Lord Byron Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I am very very pleased with the effort and consequent results from our boys. I hope I never see another Lose for Hughes post. Barf....I don’t watch them hoping they lose. I can never understand that mentality, especially when the season just began. I can see it if you are far gone and the season is winding down, but not game 1-2.
Amen!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Most of the things Drouin does that makes him so hard to like is "fixable". He could learn if he was actually open to it and not full of himself. This is why I had Merkley as a ND tbh. He's not near as talented as Drouin but twice the headcase.

I mean, how much of a self centered ***** do you have to be to play mich worse than he is currently and refuse to be demoted to the AHL. Guy thinks hes above that. Even Kucherov played games down there.
I don't think it's fixable at this point tbh. Of course he could always surprise, but I have no expectations of him becoming that elite player. I miss Sergachev. Sure he has his warts, but he is exactly what the Habs need right now.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Most of the things Drouin does that makes him so hard to like is "fixable". He could learn if he was actually open to it and not full of himself. This is why I had Merkley as a ND tbh. He's not near as talented as Drouin but twice the headcase.

I mean, how much of a self centered ***** do you have to be to play much worse than he is currently and refuse to be demoted to the AHL. Guy thinks hes above that. Even Kucherov played games down there.

I don't know if Drouin's problems are a lack of effort or a lack of hockey sense. Maybe sometimes he doesn't make the play because he just doesn't see the play. Maybe him trying to get fancy is just he doesn't see the direct play that's right in front of his face to be made. I'm still not sure.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I don't think it's fixable at this point tbh. Of course he could always surprise, but I have no expectations of him becoming that elite player. I miss Sergachev. Sure he has his warts, but he is exactly what the Habs need right now.

The few, few times where he's simplified his game, he looked good. He actually has decent vision when he doesn't think he's more talented than a team of NHLers, all of which also dominated junior like he did. Its like he cant get over the fact he's just not that skilled anymore. Its ego.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
I hope you're right.

We all suffer from recency bias—we think that whatever just happened will continue to happen.

J2K will have his ups and downs. But he's going to be a star—whether it's this year or next, it's going to happen.

Good lord, he's 18 years old! Has he even finished high school?

Reactions: David Suzuki

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
We all suffer from recency bias—we think that whatever just happened will continue to happen.

J2K will have his ups and downs. But he's going to be a star—whether it's this year or next, it's going to happen.

Good lord, he's 18 years old! Has he even finished high school?

He has two years remaining.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
This is the type of hockey the fans want to see win or lose..go for it ..Thanks Ducharme...Thanks Claude for keeping an open mind...

Reactions: CanadiensChick

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Auston is that you?

Hell no it's me you called.

kennedy.jpg

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Great win tonight, even Benn had a good game :eek: . 5 goals for, 1 against, Drouin the only player who managed to end up with a minus :eek:

Byron worth every penny :handclap:

Reactions: CanadiensChick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad